You can IGNORE other members

Once in awhile a member comes alone that, for whatever reason, we just can’t stand. We try and we try but that person unfortunately taints our forum experience and makes us want to leave. WELL, you can IGNORE them so that their posts are hidden! To do this, go to your usercp link at the top left of your screen then “edit ignore list” on the left (or just go here). You then add the username to the ignore list, hit save, and problem solved. :slight_smile:

Thanks David. Big help.

Yes, thank you!

I may just have to do this. One chap seems to bring out the worst in me… although I do get a little content seduced

I was very tempted for a moment, but then I thought it wouldn’t be right. This forum is for me (and I think for many people here) one of the places stimulating spiritual growth. Making it sweet and cozy garden without annoying thorns or smelly plants may give us bad habits for future - namely a tendency to escape from difficult and annoying things.

I think I will just continue to walk around stinky plants but not cut them out…

Thanks David, good to know. It’s nice to have the option.
I think I’m with Pawel on this one though, I can always just skip reading the posts, but I do enjoy some of the content that comes out of those.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Drama. That’s why we turn on the telly lol

well while tempting at times david, ill just ignore this option, LOL

Thank you David for the tip. I will be doing this as some comments have caused enough frustration to keep me from my yoga practice. I nearly asked you to remove me from the forum so it would not further hinder it, but this solution will work better (let me enjoy the aspects of the forum community without the frustration) until I have reached a level where I can tolerate all comments.
Namaste,
TeeA

I think ignoring people is quite cowardly, insecure and intolerant. In the real world you cannot insulate yourself from people who share other views, other ways, other cultures. People who feel the need to do this are very weak indeed.

Most of the time, SD, in the real world there is dialogue and discussion of opposing viewpoints. There is no discussion with you as you pick and choose what points to argue and are rather fanatical in your views. Most of us, and I do include myself, are tolerant of opposing viewpoints and of other cultures. You, however are not. I do feel, because of free will, we can limit interactions with those who are negative, intolerant and arrogant in their views. It doesn’t make us weak. Just the opposite. It makes stronger and wiser. The difference between you and I is that you are trying to convert others. I am just trying to learn. It’s hard to learn from someone who doesn’t listen.

So I think the option presented by David is a viable option that may or not be used by some.

Shanti from the fluffy new-age intellectual inferior!

Most of the time, SD, in the real world there is dialogue and discussion of opposing viewpoints. There is no discussion with you as you pick and choose what points to argue and are rather fanatical in your views. Most of us, and I do include myself, are tolerant of opposing viewpoints and of other cultures. You, however are not. I do feel, because of free will, we can limit interactions with those who are negative, intolerant and arrogant in their views. It doesn’t make us weak. Just the opposite. It makes stronger and wiser. The difference between you and I is that you are trying to convert others. I am just trying to learn. It’s hard to learn from someone who doesn’t listen.

This is all quite nonsense. In everyday life we do not always have the opportunity to dialogue with people other different ways of life, different cultures, different ways. You are just weak and want to insulate yourself from those people.

Your problem with me is that I prove you wrong you cannot refute me. Not because I do not dialogue, because I have always responded to everything another peson says. You fear how strong minded I am, because it undermines you, and to make yourself feel better about yourself you feel the need to attack me, gang up on with me others, or openly insult me. Yet despite all of this, I am still not going to ignore you :smiley:

You even revealed you were on antidepressents recently. It is clear you are weak.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;34330]This is all quite nonsense. In everyday life we do not always have the opportunity to dialogue with people other different ways of life, different cultures, different ways. You are just weak and want to insulate yourself from those people.

Your problem with me is that I prove you wrong you cannot refute me. Not because I do not dialogue, because I have always responded to everything another peson says. You fear how strong minded I am, because it undermines you, and to make yourself feel better about yourself you feel the need to attack me, gang up on with me others, or openly insult me. Yet despite all of this, I am still not going to ignore you :smiley:

[/QUOTE]You even revealed you were on antidepressents recently. It is clear you are weak.

How very mean of you! How dare you mock those who are suffering! Do you realize how much strength it takes to post that on a forum? Of course you don’t. Now your true self as emerged for us all to see.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;34330]You even revealed you were on antidepressents recently. It is clear you are weak.[/QUOTE]

How dare you attack someone like this!! You are possibly the weakest human being (if I could call you that), I’ve ever heard of. Does a person with dignity and confidence attack other peoples medical conditions? Maybe in your tiny, tiny world. You make me sick! The only consolation I get is knowing that you are a tormented, neurotic soul, who is going to die a very, very lonely and unhappy piece of crap!

At this juncture I am reminded of this very funny scene in the movie “Peaceful warrior” where this bunch of new-age Yoga/meditating people turn up in a van at the gas station, behaving all cool, spiritual, and calm. Then the Zen master who is a gas station guy there noticing just how false everything is, says some pretty outrageous things to them like “She’s nice in the van, do you guys have sex with her” After a while they lose their cool, get frustrated and drive off.

It is the most hilarious scene I have seen because it sums up fluffy new-agers yoga very well.

On a Yoga forum if you feel the need to ignore rather than witness and observe and observe your own reactions to learn about your own mind you clearly are not somebody fit for Yoga and have missed the point entirely.

Suffice it to say I am a proper yogi :smiley: You can say anything to me(many people here have openly insulted me, ganged up on me, ridiculed my views) and I am still talking to those people. What frustrates them is not what I say, what frustrated them is whatever they say does not affect me in the slightest. I am what they what they are trying to become like :smiley: Confident, bold, dynamic, strong-minded and detached :smiley:

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;34335]At this juncture I am reminded of this very funny scene in the movie “Peaceful warrior” where this bunch of new-age Yoga/meditating people turn up in a van at the gas station, behaving all cool, spiritual, and calm. Then the Zen master who is a gas station guy there noticing just how false everything is, says some pretty outrageous things to them like “She’s nice in the van, do you guys have sex with her” After a while they lose their cool, get frustrated and drive off.

It is the most hilarious scene I have seen because it sums up fluffy new-agers yoga very well.

On a Yoga forum if you feel the need to ignore rather than witness and observe and observe your own reactions to learn about your own mind you clearly are not somebody fit for Yoga and have missed the point entirely.

Suffice it to say I am a proper yogi :smiley: You can say anything to me(many people here have openly insulted me, ganged up on me, ridiculed my views) and I am still talking to those people. What frustrates them is not what I say, what frustrated them is whatever they say does not affect me in the slightest. I am what they what they are trying to become like :smiley: Confident, bold, dynamic, strong-minded and detached :D[/QUOTE]

Your a bloody Sociopath! You can’t talk. Your words are meaningless.

I’m not interested in a thread regarding a forum featuring turning into a 43 page debate so I’m closing this. If you want to ignore someone, ignore someone. If you don’t want to ignore someone, don’t.

Whoa, that was deep. Everyone should prostrate before me. Head first please, someone’s feet smell bad.