Hello Yogi's! It is a pleasure to be here

Hello everybody, my name is Ezra. I am 24 years old and have been practicing power vinyasa yoga for about 6 months now. I’m currently on the verge of graduating from Cleveland State University in December 2010 with a business marketing degree.

I have grown to love the practice of vinyasa yoga and the principles it instills in a person. I’m currently in turmoil of what I should pursue in life after I graduate. As of now I work at a restaurant. Recently, I’ve been putting some serious thought in to potentially opening up my own yoga studio. First, I need to do the teacher training which I’m trying to save money for.

I was curious if I could get any suggestions or input for the necessary steps towards operating a yoga studio. I have tons of ideas but my goal is to have one in 5-6 years, so it is a long-term goal and I remain completely realistic.

Thank you!

Inspiring Yogi,

Ezra

welcome ezra and all the best to you as you move through the many changes in your life that are planned for the coming year. :slight_smile: what an exciting time for you!

i don’t operate a yoga studio, but rather a private therapy practice, so i can’t help you there, but i believe there are other members here who have or do run studios who may be able to speak directly to your questions.

blessings,
nichole

Its great to meet you too!

Hi Ezra,

Welcome to the Forum. Great ambition and I hope you’ll get there one day.

I don’t have a studio, but I present yoga classes three times a week at a church hall. I do own two other businesses and I can tell you one thing, wether it is removing rubble for for a customer or preparing food at a deli, the business principals for all are the same. You need to make sure that you understand business, customers, financials and marketing and all that comes with the territory. My advice would be to do a short type of course that will teach you how to run and manage a business.

Welcome Ezrawarren, welcome from England…xx

To be a Teacher, of Yoga or anything else, is assuming responsibility. Since, you still have time, you may experience Yoga in all its potential. If asana is what you associate Yoga with, you may have inclination to see the much expanded vision of Yoga. Then you may realize that there is no substitute or short-cut to experiencing.

Until you feel really rich with Yoga experience, really ready for teaching Yoga and worthy of the responsibility, you are fortunate enough to be able to sustain on the business degree. Please don’t give up this golden opportunity to explore Yoga for your own self, if you don’t need to rush into teaching.