How to Extend One's Patience? =D

Hello, everyone!

I’ve tried 6 yoga sessions a few years ago, and I had to quit because of my impatience and short attention span. :stuck_out_tongue:

Each of our sessions were only 60 minutes long, but to me, our sessions seemed to stretch on for what seemed like hours. I always feel that the time ticks away too slowly. Perhaps it’s because I sweat a lot and I feel so uncomfortable when I’m drenched.

Is this an abnormal mindset for a noob like me?

Thanks in advance for your advice! :slight_smile:

Yes yes yes. It must be good Yoga. You may be missing a point however. Yoga has a unique ability to lower stress in our daily lives, by creating a ‘virtual stressful’ situation during our practice, and allowing us to relax in that situation. Whenever you feel impatient, use this as THE CHANCE to develop patience. If you feel like time is going too slow, bring your mind back to what you are doing, and stop focusing on the future. Just focus on the moment and focus on your asana(poses) and enjoy your Yoga. Don’t let your mind wander. Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=YogiAdam;33944] Yoga has a unique ability to lower stress in our daily lives, by creating a ‘virtual stressful’ situation during our practice, and allowing us to relax in that situation. [/QUOTE]
I like the way you think. That`s an interesting idea.
ohmmm, you may get real patience if you change your whole life in this direction. Sleep enough, eat sattvic food, and the main thing - change your attitude to things, that grab your attention during sessions. Mostly they are on the surface, easy to find. Some analysis about it, and you are ready to get a rhythm of perception that you need in a particular time.
Boring things are becoming interesting.

Hi ohmmm,

when I was your age (I have no idea how old you are), I found Asana-sessions simply: Booooooring. Maybe that’s the problem. Today I sometimes find it boring too, then I - is that heresy…? - watch tv. But that’s becoming more and more rare, because mostly I enjoy the postures and working with them and my body. If you’re a beginner, it might not be fun at all, but you can “keep yourself busy” be paying very close attention to what you are doing. There are bazillions of details to any posture, beginning with Tadasana (the mountain pose), so actually you have something to be occupied with.

One thing that helped me a lot to establish a regular practice was simply making the decision: I do a session every day. Period.

I also have a short attention span. Hopefully it can calm both of us lol