Anulom vilom prayanama help

Hi All

I am doing Anulom vilom prayanama for the last 30 days twice daily for 15 minutes. I found that i have mild headache . later on after seeing the ramdev baba’s video i found that i am doing prayanama in wrong way.I am not taking deep breaths rather i am taking short braeths.Is the headache is the cause for doing anulom vilom prayanama wrongly.
what to do now.
Can anybody please help

[QUOTE=amitjainsinbox;76537]Hi All

I am doing Anulom vilom prayanama for the last 30 days twice daily for 15 minutes. I found that i have mild headache . later on after seeing the ramdev baba’s video i found that i am doing prayanama in wrong way.I am not taking deep breaths rather i am taking short braeths.Is the headache is the cause for doing anulom vilom prayanama wrongly.
what to do now.
Can anybody please help[/QUOTE]

Currently i stopped doing anulom vilom. Now i got the right technique to do it.
will i resume with the right technique or wait for few days

Are you doing breath retention?

I would suggest that you dont do breath retention to start with.

Just breath in and out for the first and maybe second week then you can start breath retention slowly. DONT DO ANY Advanced pranayama as you are more likely to have the side effects instead of benefits.

Thanks for your advice

I am not doing breath retention .
just not breathing in the right way.
you can say that i am not taking deep breaths but taking small breaths.
as in anulom vilom ,you have to take deep breaths.
I think due to this headache starts.now i want to know how to get rid of that headache.
if i resume anulom vilom with right technique,then it will help me getting relief from headache.

thanks a lot for listening.

Just try and see what happens. I posted in your other same thread. Do that first week.

fakeyogis, i do get dizzy if i do not do breath retention on inhale:))
the breath should not be too deep neither too shallow … no tension should be felt in the ears or head…

Well if you continue dizziness will pass.

By doing breath retention is like skipping level one ,which is balancing of the prana.

You could try for one week and see if there is any difference about how you feel. Unless you will pass out if you breath in that way then i suggest you avoid it.

Also breathing should be done with expanding the belly if we breath in and does not expand belly i guess there could be pressure in the head.

If we do not balance prana no pranayama can actually take place and it could also lead to problems further ahead.

And people wanting to raise kundalini must have a balanced prana or else it can be severe problems.

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;76604]

And people wanting to raise kundalini must have a balanced prana or else it can be severe problems.[/QUOTE]

i’ve heard a lot statement s like this, but for decade of yoga practice have not seen anyone get hurt by pranayama…

can you please give me and example of what kind of severe problem can happen?

Just do a google if you want to know about it, there is lots of post where people got sideeffects also what i said was not what you ask now, it was that you need to balance the prana otherwise the kundalini awakening can be severe. Also how many of those did extreme breath retention for example? Holding the breath for long time could of course be dangerous and that does not need explanation.

And do you think that all people you know would speak openly regarding all yoga related problems? Maybe someone would not speak openly as that person would be dumbfounded immediately if it comes out he did it after reading it on the net.

Btw did you since last time Try and did your dizziness go away?

Hi Folks,

You can ONLY learn pranayama in the presence of a teacher. Why? Because the teaching is dependent on viewing the student, while they are practicing. If I’m on a video, I can’t see you, so it’s impossible for me to teach you and likewise, impossible for you to learn. Sorry.

Find a teacher: it’s the difference between night and day.
siva

[QUOTE=amitjainsinbox;76569]

i found that i am doing prayanama in wrong way.I am not taking deep breaths rather i am taking short braeths.

(…)

Now i got the right technique to do it.

(…)

just not breathing in the right way. you can say that i am not taking deep breaths but taking small breaths.

(…)

if i resume anulom vilom with right technique,then it will help me getting relief from headache.

[/QUOTE]

It would really be helpful if you could describe what you mean by ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ technique. Do you mean the deepness of your breath? What is it that you did ‘wrong’ before and that you have changed now? What exactly is your technique? The hand position? How do you breathe? Into the belly? Into the rib cage? How long is your breath? What is your counting rhythm? If you explain a bit more, we might be able to give better advice. A real teacher would be better though.

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;77042]Just do a google if you want to know about it, there is lots of post where people got sideeffects also what i said was not what you ask now, it was that you need to balance the prana otherwise the kundalini awakening can be severe. Also how many of those did extreme breath retention for example? Holding the breath for long time could of course be dangerous and that does not need explanation.

And do you think that all people you know would speak openly regarding all yoga related problems? Maybe someone would not speak openly as that person would be dumbfounded immediately if it comes out he did it after reading it on the net.[/QUOTE]

again blah-blah-blah… do you know anyone in person who g[B]et hurt[/B]? I see that weak, sick and predisposed to get hurt person can demadge diaphragm, lungs, esophagus by [B]severe practice of[/B] some pranayama, again, but most of pranayama is not hurt, moreover not going to drive people nuts like you said in your previous post:roll:

yes, side effect while doing it :slight_smile: (disiness, shorrtness of breath) not an [B]insanity [/B]

of course if one will retain breath for infinite, he will die:)

Holding the breath for long time could of course be dangerous and that does not need explanation.

I think that does need an explanation. I have never heard of anyone getting hurt by holding their breath for a long time, except when holding their head under water at the same time…

I used to hold my breath for almost 2 minutes and nothing had happened…
there are some side effects of pranayama, but ones you notice it you know that something is off and you modify the practice…

HOLDING THE BREATH IS NO_NO FOR HPB, yes it can raise BP, but for the healthy person, or ever unmedicated HPB it should be no problem.

again depends on how one retention, if one sweats to hold the air in make strange sounds = and strain, that might hurt… but the retention calmly with a serene face and mind - that’s OK!

i’ve heard a lot of talk that “breath of fire” is VERY VERY dangerous, but i think this is just talk. Look at BOXERS, they exhale every time they punch, exhale hard, just like the “breath of fire” and what? they do not get hurt by the breath itself.

[QUOTE=CityMonk;77294]I used to hold my breath for almost 2 minutes and nothing had happened…
there are some side effects of pranayama, but ones you notice it you know that something is off and you modify the practice…

HOLDING THE BREATH IS NO_NO FOR HPB, yes it can raise BP, but for the healthy person, or ever unmedicated HPB it should be no problem.

again depends on how one retention, if one sweats to hold the air in make strange sounds = and strain, that might hurt… but the retention calmly with a serene face and mind - that’s OK!

i’ve heard a lot of talk that “breath of fire” is VERY VERY dangerous, but i think this is just talk. Look at BOXERS, they exhale every time they punch, exhale hard, just like the “breath of fire” and what? they do not get hurt by the breath itself.[/QUOTE]

There are practices Where root and neck lock are applied so that air does not escape Those Ways and i dont think it happens after 2 mins. so you are surely safe.