How long do the benefits of yoga last?

Hello and thanks for your previous replies!
Does anyone know,how long does the effect of stretch and excersice last?Many thanks,relax:)

[QUOTE=mr.relax;13703]Hello and thanks for your previous replies!
Does anyone know,how long does the effect of stretch and excersice last?Many thanks,relax:)[/QUOTE]

Mr. Relax
this is something that varies from person to person. When doing asanas/stretching/exercise, the point would be to be mindful of the posture. So you do the exercise and then go out into daily life. If in daily life you slump forward right away you will start to lessson the benefits, but not completely void them,some benefits will remain. The more mindful one can become of themselves outside their sitting practice, the greater and longer lasting of the benefits inside of their practice. of my words please only concern yourself with what rings true and disregard the rest. I wish you the best brother
i am love, I am joy, i am peace
we are one
and i am brother neil

The answer to your question depends on the perspective of the respondent.
And since you do not specify exactly what effects you are referring to the door is wide open for the reader to run amok.

The effects of our actions last forever. It is one of the basic rules of karma. If you practice right now your life will never be the same. If you do not practice right now your life will never be the same.

[QUOTE=InnerAthlete;13708]The answer to your question depends on the perspective of the respondent.
And since you do not specify exactly what effects you are referring to the door is wide open for the reader to run amok.

The effects of our actions last forever. It is one of the basic rules of karma. If you practice right now your life will never be the same. If you do not practice right now your life will never be the same.[/QUOTE]

Brother IA, a side of the elephant that is obvious but I did not see from my limited perspective when typing. since reading your post my life is forever changed. :slight_smile:
we are love, we are light, we are joy
we are one
i am brother neil

If you keep it up, it will last a very long time.

… until my mother calls. :p;)

[QUOTE=Missi;18664]… until my mother calls. :p;)[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha ha ha

I’ve just had a break from yoga for 2 months due to personal issues. The effects of it lasted a week or so.

I came back to yoga this week and was suprised to find I wasn’t as out-of-practice as I though I would be…seems to last quite a while physically :slight_smile:

I don’t think the mental aspect of it lasted as much though, but I did stop meditation at the same time which quite honestly was something I really should have kept up.