How long does it take to be able to do a full split?

According to Steve Ross, (I watch his show in the morning), it takes a while for the tissue connecting the hips/groin area to fully stretch, but when it does eventually stretch out it stays that way for good. For those of you who can do a full split, who long did it take you? Is it something you have to do continally to maintain, or is Steve right about it being permanant?

If you train it from childhood, you can train it to be permanant. But if you start as a grown up, yes - you may do the full side split, but usually with a warmup, you can, however, train your front splits to be always ready with no warm up. That’s the way it works for me and most of people I know. Also I am a man, for women it’s easier. I’ve been training for about a year. Must train every or every other day, each split for 10-15 minutes.

not about injury but about doing rather than being as it relates to the Asana. Many times we rush toward goals or final poses only to discover we’ve missed some of the fruit, the nectar of being present in our practice.

I personally have no idea about the time frame for reaching Hanumanasana. It’s irrelevant how long it takes. What’s of prime importance is the mindfull nature of your practice, full hanumanasana or Tadasana for that matter.How long does it take to stand with proper alignment in tadasana? How long does it take to master Adho Mukha Vrksasana in the middle of the room? It matters not.

It’s like students in Adho Mukha Svanasana with their heels to the floor (or not). The hamstrings may never fully release for them. And that’s okay. The pose can be rich and full without the heels to the floor. And working the hamstrings may be a lifetime “sport”