How many months does it take to tone your body if you do yoga poses for 3 hrs a week?

I have been doing yoga poses for flat stomach. i want to know when will you see the results if you practice yoga asanas for 3 hours a week?

Roosh, welcome to the forum. This will depend almost entirely on your diet, supplementary exercise program, current physical condition, metabolism, and genetic make up. The yoga poses may only provide limited effect.

[QUOTE=Roosh;54387]I have been doing yoga poses for flat stomach. i want to know when will you see the results if you practice yoga asanas for 3 hours a week?[/QUOTE]

Never.

I couldn’t resist.

I have got this book Yoga for flat abs by Bharat Thakur.

There are eight asanas for beginners.

1. Ek Pad Utthanasana
    2)Ardha Halasana
    3)Naukasana
    4)Karna Naukasana
    5)Utthita Utthana Padasana
    6)Kati Naukasana Prakar one
    7)Kati Naukasana Prakar two
  2. Kati Naukasana Prakar three.

I am not overweight. My weight is normal. But I have a ponge. So I was trying around 3-4 hours of this yoga per week.

I don’t understand how this yoga will never give you results.

[QUOTE=Roosh;54430]I have got this book Yoga for flat abs by Bharat Thakur.

There are eight asanas for beginners.

1. Ek Pad Utthanasana
    2)Ardha Halasana
    3)Naukasana
    4)Karna Naukasana
    5)Utthita Utthana Padasana
    6)Kati Naukasana Prakar one
    7)Kati Naukasana Prakar two
  2. Kati Naukasana Prakar three.

I am not overweight. My weight is normal. But I have a ponge. So I was trying around 3-4 hours of this yoga per week.

I don’t understand how this yoga will never give you results.[/QUOTE]

I think he was just being sarcastic lol! It really depends on your body type. Keep it up and Im sure you will eventually see results. No one can really give you a time frame.

I think he was just saying… you asked “when will you see results”, not “when will I see results”. Since he may never see you, then it’s likely he will never see the results.

As for having a “pooge”, if it is genetic, you may never see a flat stomach. But a flat stomach is not important, unless there is some specific reason you must have a flat stomach, such as you are a model or want to be one - unhealthy life choice imo lol.
My daughter inherited my “pooge”, and she is very fit and healthy. She still has a little pooge, and it gives her body some curve, which is much more attractive than flat, in my opinion and in the opinion of many others.
Don’t hate the pooge! Love it, but get your body fit so you can enjoy that pooge and all the rest of you for a very long time!

…or perhaps he was saying “3 hours a week isn’t enough”. Who knows.

Roosh I have a slightly difference perspective.
And I’ll present that to you in two parts. The first part is pragmatic. Sensible. Rational. Of the mental. It is not possible to spot reduce fat in the human body. If your body has a first storage location in the belly it will be the last location to go once you are lean all over. And even in that scenario it takes a tremendous amount of discpline to eat the right things and avoid the wrong things (for this purpose) as well as exercising properly with intensity and regularity.

My second facet here is that our mission as students on the path of yoga is to find, know and fully love ourselves unconditionally…with hair, without. With belly, without. With smooth skin or rough. With brown eyes or blue. With five fingers or six. The deeper work in yoga is to find balance in addressing this thing. “How can I give effort to being well, eating properly, getting the exercise through which I feel well AND at the same time really accept myself for me, as I am without becoming a complacent couch dosa?”. That is the question.

gordon

The simple answer to gaining fitness is to train as regularly as possible, but without straining yourself.
If 3-4 hours per week is all the time you have available right now, go for sun salutation 6 mornings per week for half an hour, first thing in the day. Meditate and relax before sleep.

In addition to the factors of diet, exercise and genetics it really depends on how active you are in your poses. For e.g. I recently had one of my instructors say something about a pose I hadn’t heard before- which muscle to engage and how breathe up and into a particular spot and all of a sudden it changed which muscles I was working. To look at me nothing had changed. I felt it the next day as I was quite sore too! So that’s also a factor with yoga.

I personally have the best thing for a pooch is learning to engage the really deep transverse muscles and working from there.

How many months does it take to tone your body if you do yoga poses for 3 hrs a week?

It takes between 3 months to 3 life-times depending on which body you are talking about - physical, astral or causal.

good one Suhas!

[QUOTE=Roosh;54430]I have got this book Yoga for flat abs by Bharat Thakur.[/QUOTE]

I’ll spare you the swami quotes and answer your question directly. “Flat abs” doesn’t make any sense. You can have strong abs, and you can have a flat belly, but flat abs doesn’t seem to mean anything. It’s not like your abs are poking out and giving you the pooch. It could be the natural shape of your body, or it could be that you have excessive fat on your belly. Asana practice can be effective in helping you strengthen your abs, but if excessive fat remains on your belly, you could have a 6-pack under there and no one would know.

Without seeing you, it’s hard to assess this pooch of yours. Also, I don’t think it’s possible to answer when you will see results because it depends on so many things. We don’t know anything about your lifestyle, what you eat, how active you are, etc. Maybe some more details would be helpful.

[QUOTE=trinley;54621]I’ll spare you the swami quotes and answer your question directly. “Flat abs” doesn’t make any sense. You can have strong abs, and you can have a flat belly, but flat abs doesn’t seem to mean anything. It’s not like your abs are poking out and giving you the pooch. It could be the natural shape of your body, or it could be that you have excessive fat on your belly. Asana practice can be effective in helping you strengthen your abs, but if excessive fat remains on your belly, you could have a 6-pack under there and no one would know.

Without seeing you, it’s hard to assess this pooch of yours. Also, I don’t think it’s possible to answer when you will see results because it depends on so many things. We don’t know anything about your lifestyle, what you eat, how active you are, etc. Maybe some more details would be helpful.[/QUOTE]

lol, I agree :slight_smile: what on earth is yoga for ‘flat abs’?? I think yoga is sometimes used to be marketed for people who are just too lazy too get off their ass and go for a run, or do push ups, and squats. There’s no easy way out… if you want to get in shape, you have to clean up your diet, and do some vigorous exercise… neither of which yoga provides.