Is Leslie Kaminoff's Yoga Anatomy Course good?

Hi

I’ve just learned that it is now possible to do an online version of Leslie Kaminoff’s Yoga Anatomy Course in NYC. He wrote the bestseller Yoga Anatomy.

Any thoughts on this, did anyone attend the course in new york?

Almost everyone in this blog comes from the states so please please do give me an answer! Your help is precious! thank you!

Gita

I attended Leslie’s anatomy course, as well as the ABCs, a few years ago, and I signed up for the new online version as a refresher. Leslie is interesting, dynamic, full of information - I felt I learned a lot, and the online course is proving to be practically as good as being there in person.

i also attended Leslie’s class in NYC and am taking advantage of this opportunity to review the course. Leslie is an outstanding and fun teacher. I’m extremely impressed with the design of the online course - in fact, the way it’s presented is the most comprehensive offering of this kind I’ve seen. Because people learn differently, having the option to learn via video, audio, transcript or all three is great.

I like his book, thought it could be more better:). But the online videos has horrible quality, I can not hear anything.

The video links via the newsletter aren’t great in terms of sound but they are different from what we are getting in the course. The course content is amazing, the sound is great and the having an audio download of the session is pretty cool too so I’ve been listening to it on the road then sitting down later and watching the whole thing because you really do need to see it. Plus there is the live chat on Tuesday nights and having those questions plus the questions from the ‘live’ students makes for lots of interesting discussion. It’s tons of info and at the moment I am way behind but I’m really glad I signed up.

Hi Gita,

Full disclosure - I am the publisher of this course! =)

To get a look at what Leslie teaches in class before you sign up, we offer video clips from Leslie’s teachings as a part of our free weekly email newsletter. You can check them out and see what you think before you ever decide if the course is right for you.

Just sign up here:

http://www.YogaAnatomy.net

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at kelsey@yogaanatomy.net

All My Best,

Kelsey

P.S. Before the course launched, we were using newsletter videos from last year, before we had sound. Those were definitely lacking in audio quality! =) We’ve spruced up a bit now though, since we have our production team on board. The new newsletter videos are more representative of the course quality.

I just wanted to publicly apologize to Kelsey. I woke up early this morning, saw their post, and deleted it thinking it was spam without reading it properly. My apologies and I’ll try not to make the same mistake in the future.

And welcome, Kelsey :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for pitching in and clearing up certain issues…i also felt the video quality was too poor… now im reassured

kelsey i know, i’ve been talking to you by email…thank you for your kind support…i’m always glad to see how friendly and open americans can be…you guys have such a bad image here in europe… obese, completely ignorant, religious fondamentalists, pro-war, the sub-prime disaster, buying all the old properties in europe, changing the wine market (parker)… i’m always pointing out that we have the same problems here, that we are part of the problems, but people love scape goats if you know what i mean… :slight_smile:

Coming back to the course, i’m convinced but financial negotiations are still on the table… :slight_smile: It’s terrible to try to argue with an academic person that dreams of oxford-like institutions…they assume all yoga related courses are hoaxes for rich bored people and they lead to nowhere…sigh… but I won’t give up i’ll manage to convince the old scholar!

BTW this would be a great new thread, how to convince the academia of the value of yoga related knowledge…i’m really into philosophy and reasoning and it is a pity that there’s this huge barrier between the two, when it really is the same thing - understanding our place in existence, exploring how our mind works…

thank you everyone and keep warm!