Kechari mudra

hi all i was interested in kechari mudra since i began reading and practicing tantra, i have started with it about 4 months ago, 3 months which i had off because i had dentist appointments during that time and such, also i cut a bit to deep on one of the cuts and was waiting for it to heal.

ok
here we go
question

1. does this method have to be cut at the same place on the tongue frenum?

2. does it lengthen your tongue, i understand by cutting it can make it more free, but haven’t noticed it go any longer when extending my tongue.

3. i can get my tongue right behind my tonsils and just about to cover my nasal passage, how much further does one need to get before hitting the sweet spot?

4. i am looking for a tantra teacher in australia, brisbane area, can somebody help? or somebody that knows some of the unknown practices by westerners?

cheers

This beautiful mudra is actually a naturally arising experience resulting from true spiritual awakening. The tongue automatically goes back and up beyond the uvula to taste the nectar amrita that drops from a secret center above the oral cavity. To taste it is to know the true bliss within your own self. It is not a means to that awakening. Tantra should be learned from a teacher. You can contact me for a series of 18 lessons in Tantra practices that evolve into Spirit. It is free.

Let me make it clear that there is spiritual awakening from following the guidance of a mentor or teacher and then there is self effort (determined effort is one of the meaning of hatha).  Unfortunately this mudra is horribly described in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.  This midieval text describes cutting the frenulum.  One should not cause pain or damage to the body in the name of spiritual advancement.  It is wrong.  The tongue can be stretched manually by the hands to assist in learning this procedure.  My first teacher studied with Krishnamacharya who taught him to grip the tongue and pull it outward.  But the attainment this leads to is kumbhaka, suspension of the breath.  That can more readily be learned by just practicing natural length of the pause between breath motions.  may you find a suitable mentor.  namaste mukunda