Plough injury?

I am 29yo male who has done yoga on and off for a few years last night i was doing a plough stretch when i stood up after this pose i experienced blurred vision for about 30 minutes followed by numbness in my left hand, forearm and the left side of my mouth. the numbness subsided in a few minutes. today my neck and head feel a bit sore and tight but other than that i feel fine. my question is has anyone else experienced theese symptoms after doing the plough?

Sounds pretty intense!. Just some thoughts. Did you go into and/or out of plough too fast?. Did you give yourself enough room between the neck, chest and legs…no cruchcing?. Warmed up properly?. How about arm support and pressue of your leg weight . It may perhaps have been some nerve or meridian in your neck, shoulder, back that got pressed on the wrong way or too much blood pressue to heart, head?. Where you in strain or breathing ok?. Be so careful. I love yoga but sometimes the simplest things we even have experience in doing can be scary. Once I did sphinx and cobra then childs pose when I went onto my back to do another pose my head was swimming and could no way find my balance for near 10 mins even when I tried to stand up. I was like someone on a rocking boat!. I figured that it must have been the pressure on my sciatica nerve area. I try to much more mindful with those poses after that one. :x

Good Luck!

This may be a simple nerve pinch, however, the signs of numbness down the left arm and into the jaw are all typical of a heart attack. Doesn’t matter that you’re 29. It’s best to get checked out first, ask questions later!

If it’s a nerve pinch you may need to discontinue the plow pose. It can put great pressure on the cervical vertebrae, and so the nerves in the area. Many yoga teachers now teach the pose only with a blanket under the shoulders, elevating the body a bit, to give the neck some space and so avoid compression of the vertebrae.