Posture

I was wondering if this is something that is a by product of training Yoga

First I should say I am over 6’ tall and I always try and maintain proper posture but every time after I am done with my Yoga practice for the day I feel as if I am taller and my posture is much better and stronger and teh longer I train Yoga the longer that feeling lasts or appears more often.

Although it feels great I was wondering if anyone else experienced something similar

Are you asking if posture can be a by product of an asana practice?
I’d rephrase it slightly like so “postural integrity can be enhanced through yoga asana practice”.

I do think my posture has gotten better since starting my yoga practice, or at least I’m more aware of it. And furthermore, I notice myself balancing on one foot while waiting on line at the supermarket (or wherever). I also think my sleeping positions have gotten more funky as my flexibility has gotten better. It’s a funny side effect! :wink:

No, I am not asking if posture can get better, I have no doubt it does.

It is just a feeling I am talking about, and as I thought about this more last night I guess it is more like I seem to be more aware of my posture. I had pretty good posture prior to my return to yoga it is just now that I am back training yoga I guess I am more aware of it after I finish practice where previously I was not so aware of it. Also this awareness at first was only short lived not it seems to last longer.

But it is this sense of actually feeling taller that is rather interesting. I can’t reach any higher or see over more things it is just a feeling where I feel taller after practice than before and I was wondering if these are common side effect.

Thanks