Pranamat Eco Yoga Mat

Does anyone have one of these? If so than what is you opinion about it?

I’ve heard the manduka black mat, that’s the only colour it comes in, is really good ,especially for cushioning- i believe it’s thicker than usual.Though it costs a fortune compared certainly to other mats.

I currently use the barefoot eco mat,made in the UK,cream coloured :smiley: .But usually a rug most of the time ( for meditation and gentle asana etc)

Actually Pranamat Eco is not just simply yoga mat - it is acupressure yoga mat. There is big difference. Also, as far as I know, Pranamat Eco is made of natural materials. I was planning to buy it for my self, to help with my back tensions and to fight with stress. As I heard that it is a perfect self-healing, which can be used at home. It is more expensive than the other synthetic massage mats, so that is why I wanted to hear other people opinions before buying it :slight_smile: I do not want to buy cheap synthetic acupressure mats; I better pay more, but will have a quality product.

Hi Dolcevita,

I agree with you completely.If you take your practice seriously then what you practice on, the mat or the environment, is a small investment.

And I’ve always thought those synthetic mats made you feel less connected to Mother Earth, and energetically.I think it actually might affect your ability to ground; the analogy is like electricity.

I know nothing about acu-pressure mats but i peeked in your other hyperlink in shaktimat thread and looked cool & interesting–100% natural including "linen & coconut fibre’.

The one i’ve got is kinda a type of rubber( not the smelly sort) and jute fibre strands woven, enmeshed into it which looks like hemp.It is very sticky but i rarely use it, as i say i practice more on a nice comfy 1" rug.

The harmony jade sounds intersting-possibly quite rubbery but never seen that one before.

Sometimes i use blocks to elevate the hips for siddhasana or a cushion to rest the head on in savasana or yoga nidra.Comfortable is important.

What do I think of the pranamat eco mat? I have no opinions on the mat as I’ve never used it. It may be fantastic, or it may be a piece of junk. What I do know is that you (dolcevita5) or someone else at your location has registered two other accounts (based upon a simple IP search) that did nothing but spam about the pranamat eco mat. And as I look through the posts you’ve made with this account, low and behold, some are spam or shill posts about the pranamat eco mat again. And funny enough, your IP tells me you’re from Latvia which just so happens to be where the company you linked to in this post is based.

So, rather than ban you and remove ALL your posts, I am going to remove most of your posts and see if you want to respond to this thread. And due to the fact the yogaforums.com is highly trusted in the eyes of Google, make no mistake, when people Google for pranamat eco mat reviews they will soon come upon this thread where someone who is affiliated with that mat is called out for spamming up yoga websites in an attempt to sell their yoga mat. I give the benefit of the doubt and simply remove spam posts and ban the account initially. At that point, it should be obvious to the poster that what they are doing is against a websites rules. As you have re-registered and done the same thing again and again, now I am taking a different approach since what you’re doing is, in my opinion, malicious. As such, yogis looking for a new yoga mat can now decide for themselves whether they want to affiliate themselves with such a company and purchase a pranamat eco mat or not.

Low and behold, this thread is already number one in Google for the search query Pranamat eco yoga mat

:cool:

By the way, a review of your mat says,

Materials: What makes Pranamat so special? Lotuses are made from eco friendly H.I.P.S. plastic, (releases 43% less hazardous emissions into the air, 42% less use of water and requires 30% less power inputs); always suitable for re-processing. The substance decays in a soil not leaving any traces after disposing. Lotuses plastic was produced in Germany and casted in Estonia.
If your materials come from Germany and Estonia, your mat is SO FAR from being eco friendly it’s hilarious (unless you’re only selling to people in those localized areas which you’re not). This is due to the amount of embodied energy in every single one of those yoga mats because the materials are shipped LONG distance, using petroleum and petroleum based products. Your marketing department is, in my opinion, either incompetent or at best, deceptive.

[QUOTE=David;30885]What do I think of the pranamat eco mat? I have no opinions on the mat as I’ve never used it. It may be fantastic, or it may be a piece of junk. What I do know is that you (dolcevita5) or someone else at your location has registered two other accounts (based upon a simple IP search) that did nothing but spam about the pranamat eco mat. [/QUOTE]

Dear David, the reply that you have wrote me back is really disappointing to me, because, same as you I do not know who else was writing about Pranamat at this forum. I absolutely respect your forum and all people who is participating here in conversations. I am a new person here, and have never ever tried to promote any kind of product here. If it sounds so for somebody, that I guess I need to apologies for that. I am really an independent person - a young student, and believe me I have nothing in common with promoting any sort of company - it just not the way I am living. I have many other things to do and to live with :slight_smile: Anyways, if I made someone to be that angry, so you put your awful reply as No.1 in the Google research, than probably it is something wrong with YOU, as I though that people related to Yoga should be generous and kind :slight_smile: If you ask me again about if I personally related to the promotion of this specific yoga mat or any other product - my answer is NO and I feel sorry if someone felt like this. Please do not think negative, live and think positive - this is what really matters. People are different and can judge by themselves. I know that I am an honest person and do not advertise anybody - all I am writing is just MY PERSONAL opinion. And I feel sorry that just because of someones bad mood and negative karma, the good and respectful company will have such negative review about their good product. have a nice day, David, and many happy days to you, your friends and family :slight_smile: Namaste.

In yoga we have something called satya which is usually translated to truthfulness. When looking for a yoga mat, I am not only looking at the mat itself, but the company that produces it. A company that does not at least attempt to practice yogic ideals will not get my money.

This forum software has outstanding IP logging. You’re coming in on a static IP from Latvia. The two other accounts that talked about the pranamat eco yoga mat have the same exact IP. So yes, they could be another person at your location or company who also tried to shill here, but considering hilarious similarities between the birth dates and email addresses of the three accounts, I’m guessing they are all you.

I have a ton of other evidence as well if you decide to keep lying. I’m a good poker player, I don’t show my hand and I’ve been doing what I’ve been doing in this thread for a LONG time. Removing all modesty, I’m quite good at it and probably get an enormously unhealthy sense of enjoyment out of exposing shitty companies that prey on the sincere ideals of people who want to make a difference by buying “eco friendly” products. So keep digging the hole deeper if you like, I’m having fun. :slight_smile:

P.S. I’m also an EXTREMELY forgiving person when people decide to tell the truth as we all make mistakes. Your call…

Dear David, I can see and totally understand of what you are staying and I really have no any doubts in your professionalism, regardless this forum moderation. When I was opening this thread the only thing I wanted for me personally is just to ask people their opinion. Now I can see that this thread has brought so many negative and angry replies, which I have never aimed to have. As I am very positive person and I do not want to harm or disappoint anybody, I do not see any further point to continue this thread, by making it full of trash and negative words. Also due to my respect to this forum, to you David and all participants, I am looking forward to discontinue this topic and not to keep pushing this theme any longer. I think that’s what this forum is all about - positive attitude to each other and understanding of each others feelings :slight_smile:

Are you in any way associated with the Pranamat Eco yoga mat? The truth gets me to drop this and I’ll close the thread and let you and your company hopefully learn from your mistakes.

I do really and honestly apologies for my incorrect actions and for misleading some people. I am a young person, and I really do not want to harm the company due to my unprofessionalism and own personal mistakes. I really looking forward to discontinue this thread, as it consists only from negative things, which is no good and pleasant for anybody. People are born to learn form their mistakes.

Thank you for your honesty. I don’t know your position at your company, but I sincerely hope you and your company can learn from this. In addition, I offer you an olive branch. Read up on embodied energy and the problem associated with it and the production/shipping of yoga mats and like products. If your company can come up with an innovative way of dealing with that issue and produce TRULY eco friendly products, you’re welcome to come back here and tell us about them. And if I like what you’re doing, I’ll market them for free. Considering I own dozens of yoga websites, you’d be off and running. Embodied energy is a daunting problem though…

Thread closed as promised.

Namaste.