Pulled muscle

In class today we worked on the following sequence
Virabradrasana II / Trikonasana / Virabradrasana III / Ardha Chandrasana / Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana…back to Ardha Chandrasana / Virabradasana II and then we did this on the other leg…
We did this sequence 3 times on each side and on the last time on my left leg I heard a loud POP and felt like a muscle was being pulled in my low butt muscle (perhaps looking at my anatomy books the long head of the biceps femoris or Adductor Magnus)…teacher asked if I was ok and after taking a little break continued on with class.
Now for my question, I am feeling very sore in this area and wonder if I need to see a doctor about this. I am putting some ice on it now. I am able to walk of course but it is very uncomfortable.
Any suggestions?

I would just rest it for about a week, unless it is hurting you. I do martial arts and muscle injuries require just simple rest, maybe some anti-inflammatory gel.
Hope you feel better

CityMonk

It looks like a muscle strain, better to take a rest for couple days and then practice again still if you fill so consults a doctor.

Anytime I’ve heard of someone hearing a POP up in that area, it’s usually the hamstring tearing. Go see a Dr/ Physio Therapist/ Osteopath/ Chiro… asap.

You will probably need to take some time off from practicing to let it heal. I really hope it’s ok! Let us know what the diagnosis is once you’ve seen someone.

Good luck!

R.I.C.E

Do it

[QUOTE=gentle_yogini;30729]Anytime I’ve heard of someone hearing a POP up in that area, it’s usually the hamstring tearing. [/QUOTE]

This not not might be the case. Torn hamstring hurts like … (excuse my language) and it is hard to move around with torn one. One guy at my martial class had fainted when he got torn ligament.

I do hear pops in my hip all the time, and sometimes it is little sore.

By the way, A Better Me, how do you feel?