Shakti Mat

Can anyone share experience using shakti mat? I would like to get one, but they kinda expensive. A saw one on the ebay for $15 or so… does anyone has an experience and can advise me what is the difference between $70 mat and $15 mat if any…
Thank you

I’ve not heard of it, sorry.
I purchased a PER mat several years ago from barefoot yoga and I’ve been using that mat, when needed, ever since.

Some mats smell, others have a slippery shinny coating (which may or may not go away). Some are actually too sticky. Some are too thin, while others require a new rack on your bike just to tote them.

If you are just starting, a $17 may be fine. Though reasonably do not expect it to last more than a year with regular use. Start looking at mats you like in class and go from there. Of course at the end of the day, it’s just a mat. There was a time where asana practice didn’t involve mats. Just as there was a day you could own one pair of tennis shoes :slight_smile:

Hi InnerAthlete, this is the Shakti Mat. It’s a modern version of the bed of nails. Quite interesting.

Hi CityMonk, if you ever buy one, please let us know your impressions. I’ve read only good things about them, but I read them all on the sites where they’re sold…

INNER ATHLETE, i’m talking about shakti (iplicator) mat, (not the mat for practice). Friend of mine uses it for neck and low back pains and he says it works terrific, but the one he got is like 50 years old and i dont think I can but one like that…

CityMonk,

SHAKTI MAT (iplicator) is a magical magic!!!
I have one ( my grandfather brought it from korea or something), my mat is is about 10" by 15" , and it is about 40 yo:) works great, same plastic spikes (just have to glue them back sometimes). +

Our entire family uses it, works great for back pains, tense muscles, headaches. I’m using it after my MMA class for other wear-and-tear pains. I saw the one on ebay you are talking about (the cheap one) looks just like mine, but different color. If I were you, I would get 15 buck one unless you want to pay for label name and other “cool marketing staff”:slight_smile:

Thank you, rajaram,
That what I was thinking:) I don’t want to pay for brand names but want to have good shakti mat

Hi,

I have one they are great.

The difference with the cheaper ones is that the spikes are not as sharp - so less effective - also the quality of the cotton is not the best.

They are probably best for back pain www backpainmat com au but you can really relax on them - I fall asleep most times I use it.

You can even do Yoga on it - here are some poses on Youtube - search - “bed of nails yoga” .

All the best…Sam

[QUOTE=ausirish;28548]Hi,

The difference with the cheaper ones is that the spikes are not as sharp - so less effective - also the quality of the cotton is not the best.

[/QUOTE]

hi ausinish

just curious about these spikes - how different are they from the rubber stubs found on yogictoes mat towels?

i am quite interested in these shakti mats but i need to order them online as they are not retailed in my part of the world. your advice of a durable and effective brand would be much appreciated. :stuck_out_tongue:

hi!

i bought shakti mat for my mum for christmas. i got one myself! its great! relaxing and awesome!

i saw so many “spike mats” for much cheaper then original one… in my opinion its all the same:P

Hi,

They are more like the new plastic spikes on the soles of golf shoes if you are familiar with them.

They dont give at all - but they dont penetrate the skin.

As regards the brands- there are lots out there as people say - I think the Indian ones are better (personal) I do sell some in Australia - so have checked out a few- but dont want to use the forum to sell.

There are some on Amazon that might ship to you.

All the best…Sam

QUOTE=tessiesasha;28564]hi ausinish

just curious about these spikes - how different are they from the rubber stubs found on yogictoes mat towels?

i am quite interested in these shakti mats but i need to order them online as they are not retailed in my part of the world. your advice of a durable and effective brand would be much appreciated. :p[/QUOTE]

The shakti mat is great, I keep falling asleep on mine. You get a real wooosh of energy if you try doing tadasana or tree on it too :slight_smile:

Hello! They have the original Swedish Shakti Mat on wellnesstreehouse.com It’s only 39.95!!!

I have one I got in Sweden and it’s soooo amazing! Everybody I know in Sweden has one! Not kidding! I fall asleep on it all the time. All stress and tention just melts away. I wouldn’t go for the fake ones, this one in made in India and has organic cotton fabric. I promise the spikes wont come off either :wink:

$40 per piece of plastic!!! No way! i got my from ebay just for $14 and I’m very happy! Just the same plastic spikes!

Sorry, I am not familiar with it. I like the Manduka mats. I use the big black mat. It is a bit heavy, but excellent quality.

Activewear.usa, we are discussing Shakti Mat. It’s a modern version of the bed of nails. Quite interesting.

hi health & wellness

how do you maintain your Pranamat Eco mat as in can it be washed by hand or machine?

thx for the info will be ordering online and hoping that someone can hand carry bk for me fr the States next mth. :stuck_out_tongue:

one of my friend is currently in the big apple new york wld anyone be able to tell me where this Pranamat Eco mat can be purchased over there?

here is a link to the ebay store where I got mine cheap and healing:)) bed of nails :slight_smile: (the dude sells everything thought:) not just shakti mat)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shakti-Mat-acupuncture-massage-iplikator-1152-spikes-/320500550024?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4a9f524988#ht_606wt_1137