Soul and Spirit...Are they one and the same?

Everything is energy and some of that energy is conscious. Just as humans, animals are on their own journey and are conscious energy, they have a soul. Just because a lower form of energy (predator) acts a certain way does not mean their action is justified, their energy continues to stay low. When you consume the flesh of another conscious energy, you are consuming it’s pain, torture, and death. You are putting a lower form of energy into your body thus lowering your own energy.

Part of our journey is becoming [B]aware[/B]. Consuming or not consuming an animal’s flesh is not the only way to decrease or increase your energy, but it is a powerful way. It’s up to you to decide if you want to continue being a lower form of energy or a higher form of energy. This is karmic, what you think and do is what you attract back to you.

Hello Spirittap,
With my respect, I wanted to ask you about this part of your post, specifically that animals have a soul. Is this a belief of your own or are you speaking to a specific teaching that you can share here? If it is a belief, would you speak more to it please?

Namaste,

Dear friends,

The authority of yoga , soul and spirituality is vedas.
As per vedas soul keeps taking birth after birth till it acheives salvation or moksha. Almighty God in vedas has told every soul to acheive this aim which is called moksha.
Soul is even smaller then 1/100 th micron size of hair. It is immortal, indestructible. This soul assumes different bodies as per the deeds it has performed. in this regard and further understanding and proof of this please read Gurucharitra, link i have given in vedas thread. It is not a belief.I have given you proof from sai charitra and life of recent siddha yogis who have taken birth within 500 years.Further different yonis i have explained to you by the preach of my Guruji based on vedas. Further theory of deeds as mentioned in vedas for you all is given below:
soul is neither male nor female or eunuch but bodies take the form of male, female etc

Theory of deeds :
There are three types of deeds (karmas) - sanchit, prarabhadh and kriyamann. Suppose one soul has to take birth (body). It means he has to face total number of deeds of his all previous lives and these deeds are called sanchit karmas but sanchit deeds are huge/unlimited and cannot be faced in one life. So the karmas which can be faced in one life are called prarabhadh (luck-destiny). So God has not made our luck at His own but Almighty God has taken the deeds which we have already done.

Yajurveda mantra 7/48 clarifies that human being is free to do any deed good or bad but God only awards the result. Now the balance deeds from sanchit deeds will be counted in the next life. Now the deeds which we do in our day today present life are called kriyamann.

If we do pious deeds according to Vedas, shastras and holy books and based on pious preaches of Rishi, Muni/learned saints then our all sanchit deeds are burnt and we can get salvation. Human beings are free in the matter of doing deeds good or bad. But result will be awarded by God. So we must worship and do pious deeds under guidance of a learned Guru. One should go always ahead for hard working, pious deeds, worship to make future bright himself. One should always work hard towards a right path.

Worship does not mean that we are free to discharge only our family duties, education, etc., but rather it is a sin. We have to get progress in both way at a time i.e., spiritualism and worldly progress i.e., science, education, duties towards family etc. God creates the universe according to His eternal law framed in Vedas which are always unchangeable and unchallengeable. So we have to follow the law of God always to get long happy life.

Total number of deeds of previous lives, when a soul is ready to take birth under the control of God, which are called Sanchit. When the soul takes birth then the soul starts bearing the result of his personal deeds within the present life and happenings will occur accordingly. Such types of deeds are called destiny (luck). The third types of deeds are present deeds which we are doing right from the morning to night. So if a person does pious deeds in the present life then as said above, his luck gets changed, i.e., if the person has to face trouble, sorrows etc., on a particular day that kind of trouble, sorrow etc., will be destroyed and he will not bear the consequences of that. So a person in human life can destroy all his bad deeds and can realise God and can attain final liberation and this is the best use of human life. So destiny (luck) is nothing but to face the result of our own deeds of previous lives.

[COLOR=darkred]Further the knowledge of vedas is of three types as per my guru
[/COLOR]In Vedas,you will find three education: (1.) Knowledge i.e., science, (2.) Form of Deeds i.e., (KARMA) and (3.) worship of Almighty, omnipresent, formless God who is one for whole universe. So the science which is being introduced uptil now has already been mentioned in Vedas. Though the above said three main matters are in huge number but I would like to quote only one or two examples of some matters.

1. SCIENCE:- (a) Yajurveda mantra 18/24 teaches counting right from numbers 1,2,3,4 to infinite. This mantra also teaches addition telling 1+2=3; 3+2=5 etc. Similarly, it teaches subtraction. (b) Rigveda mantra 1/34/11 state to the technicians/engineers to make aeroplanes which are capable to remain in the sky for a journey continuously for three days, three nights and further eleven days and eleven nights.

2. DEEDS:- Vedas educate about Brahmcharya, family life, vanprasth, sanyas (ascetiesm), political science, agriculture, duties of warrior, king, father, mother, brother, sister. Some examples of which are quoted below-
    (a) Rigveda mantra 4/57/8 projects the idea as to how cultivation/farming is done. It states that farmer should utilize the iron tools, plough etc., to plough the fields and should cultivate land to attain happiness by growing grains.
    (b) Atharvaveda mantra 2/7/1 states that king who is as glorious as fire should control thieves, dacoits to maintain peace in kingdom. Atharvaveda mantra 2/7/2 states that king who extracts tax from his subjects should punish the culprits to bring happiness for his subjects.

3. WORSHIP:- (dhyan/meditation) Yajurveda mantra 37/2 states that the God is formless and one. He rules the whole universe alone. As if His earth, heavenly bodies emitting light and space created by Him are in token to praise Him (God). The learned Tapasvis (saints, phakirs, ascetics etc.) concentrate their mind, intellect and all deeds within the greatest omnipresent God and realise him.

So God in the above mantras advises the people to do pious deeds to promote brotherhood on the earth, to get progress in each pious matter together and to get permanent peace and over all justice.

Those who follow the pious path are blessed by God with peace and long happy life and final liberation. This long, happy life along with pleasure is therefore the result of self pious deeds of a person. Secondly, the God states that when a person breaks the laws of God in Vedas, Quran sharief, Bible, Guru Granth Sahib or any other holy books then God awards the sins to the person and the result of the sins is sorrows, problems, tensions etc., so the said sorrows are also the result of self deeds of the person. From the above, it is concluded that pleasure or sorrows are to be faced by a person due to the result of his previous lives’ pious deeds or sins respectively. So, the destiny (luck) is due to one’s own deeds as said above and the result of deeds is awarded by Almighty God Himself.

thats all.
read biographies of the siddha yogis your all doubts and law of karma and God will be clear to you.
OM

[quote=Nichole;8649]Hello Spirittap,
With my respect, I wanted to ask you about this part of your post, specifically that animals have a soul. Is this a belief of your own or are you speaking to a specific teaching that you can share here? If it is a belief, would you speak more to it please?

Namaste,[/quote]

I didn’t learn this through Yoga. Through my own experience i have been visited by an animals Spirit. I have also seen a part of her Spirit, not sure why i didn’t see her whole, but she was there.

Just look into the eyes of another animal, it’s not hard to tell they have a soul. :slight_smile:

I cannot argue a personal experience … but could it be that the Spirit what visited you was belonging to the species, and not just to that particular physical instance ?

Hubert, the spirit i encountered was my cat who passed away. I wanted to give an example that animals do have souls in reply to Nichole saying “I wanted to ask you about this part of your post, specifically that animals have a soul”.

Spirittap,
My condolences for the loss of your beloved cat. Thanks for replying to my question and adding more. Your reply raised another question for me. Is another answer from you too much to ask for? :smiley:

Are the words spirit and soul interchangeable for you? Are spirit and soul the same thing?

Anytime, Nichole :).

I see Spirit and the Soul as the samething. Energy left behind may sometimes be mistaken for a Spirit though.

I’m not too familiar with yoga beliefs. I started practicing the moving/exercise part recently. I was told it is a good way to straighten out all the knots inside of me.

I was taught that meditation has the side effect of opening you up to Spirit interaction and communication. I have experienced Spirit since i was 5, but off and on. I did notice the experiences increased when i started meditating. Has anyone else experienced this?