Torn rotator cuff

Hello,
Two weeks ago I fell on my outstretched right arm and recieved a complete tear of the rotator cuff, specifically the supraspinatus tendon torn at the anterior terminus. I am in a sling and cannot raise my arm from the shoulder in any direction. The orthopedic surgeon says there is a 50/50 chance that it could heal without surgery, so I am at this point staying in the sling some and also take the arm out and move it around sometimes also. Other than a shot of cortisone I have recieved no other treatment. I am doing what one armed yoga that I can and also manipulate the hurt arm with the good arm, but not to a point of pain. Is there anything that I specifically should not do with the arm? Anything that I could do to help facillitate healing process? Also, when will you return to Yogaville, as I could come for an appointment with you there.
Many thanks for any help you have to offer!
Jan

contact me at yogimukunda@comcast.net for appts. In general i would do all my joint freeing series but not do shoulder abduction motions shown in page 147 #13. That is the specific motion of the supraspinatus. massage especially with BF & S ointment is of great benefit. This can be bought from wholesale at Emerson Ecologics 800-654-4432 if you have resale license. If not i can bring to Yogaville for you or you can buy direct by mail for $25 to me. I owned a massage school in Sacramento in early 80s and found this to be a wonder linament formula. in 25 years of use i have found nothing better. Definitely combination of glucosamine and chondrotin plus vitamin A & E are helpful supplements but this linament is best. I can show you self massage or do to you with a friend observing who can help you. Other forms of energetic healing can be done in person. namaste mukunda

I have just finished surgery, physical therapy and rehab of torn rotator cuff (supraspinatus: BIG TEAR–4 mm). I am 5 months post surgery now, and doing ok, but shoulder is still weak. I am lifting some weights, as per physical therapist, but would like specific reccomendations about yoga postures to strengthen shoulder so this will not happen again. Also, my internal rotation is not so good. I do have 160 degrees extension, and external rotation is 90 degrees. Will I ever be able to do handstand, headstand again? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!