Two Days off the Mat.....Feels Weird

Hi All,

So I had to take a couple days off the mat as I had a wedding to go to this weekend and on Saturday morning when I wanted to practice my stomach was acting up to the point of feeling like I was going to puke so I figured it was not a good idea. It felt so weird not to practice for two days so I am definetely looking forward to my practice tonight for about a half hour and getting back to my mat. What is the hardest thing after taking a couple days off the mat for everyone?

I have been sick off and on the past couple of weeks so I haven’t been consistent. I find myself yearning to practice though after a couple of days. However, I find that it isn’t hard to get back into it even with a couple days break. I actually need to take more breaks because I find myself overdoing it. What kind of yoga do you practice? I guess it would be hard to get back into “power yoga”. I tend to do my own routines though which allows me to work at my own pace.

I practice what would be considered vinyasa flow yoga. I tend to do my own sequences but also use a lot of the sequences that I get from my yoga journal magazine each month to keep my practice fresh and prevent boredom.

I was thinking of subscribing to Yoga Journal but am on the fence about it. I downloaded their iPhone app which is “so so”. Maybe I just don’t know how to use it correctly. I would like to refresh my routine though.

After a few days without yoga I always notice how tight my down dog feels. Before I make it back to my mat I can feel my body and mind getting tighter with every passing day.

I can understand that. I tend to notice my breathing is more labored after time off the mat.

[QUOTE=a.mi;64653]I was thinking of subscribing to Yoga Journal but am on the fence about it. I downloaded their iPhone app which is “so so”. Maybe I just don’t know how to use it correctly. I would like to refresh my routine though.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely suggest subscribing. It is so worth it for the articles and the sequences that come in each issue. I tear out the sequences and keep them so my practice stays fresh and I can do targeted yoga if I need or want to. a.mi, I would look into the subscription and it is relatively well priced:)

It really is a worthwhile subscription. I just wish that my studio didn’t get them several weeks before I do.

Well I signed up for a subscription today and hopefully the wait won’t be too long. I know subscriptions tend to take a few months before they arrive.

[QUOTE=a.mi;64767]Well I signed up for a subscription today and hopefully the wait won’t be too long. I know subscriptions tend to take a few months before they arrive.[/QUOTE]

It may be October’s issue that is your first one but trust me, the wait is worth it:)