What to bring a yogi for dinner?

I have a somewhat out of order question and I hope anyone of you can help me.
It is REALLY URGENT…

I am invited for dinner tomorrow eve at a Yogi’s place and I dont know if I can bring a bottle of wine or if this would be a wrong thing to do?

I dont want to bring tea or anything like that cause i know too little about it…

Can anyone help?
Thanks soooo much!
Adisababa:confused:

A yogi would be a renunciate and therefore you’d not need to bring anything at all.
However since we’re likely talking about someone who “does” yoga rather than a yogi there’s a slightly more pragmatic answer.

The deeper practice of Yoga has us evaluate and address the ways in which we block our organic abilities to feel. Alcohol is a blocker though many do not view it in this way. It would depend completely on the person. I would prefer that you not bring alcohol to an event at my place HOWEVER if you did AND I was a serious practitioner of Yoga, then I’d accept your gift graciously without even a hint of disturbance.

There are some who do drink and smoke and so on so it depends on your particular host. If you brought something simple and vegetarian you would be safe - like some hummus and pita? A Salad with organic, washed veggies?? But again whatever you bring would be graciously accepted by anyone practicing Yoga.

I agree, InnerAthlete. The real hope is that this particular yogi takes a non-judgemental attitude at least as seriously as his/her chosen diet and will notice your intent to participate in the meal rather than any assumptions that guided your choice of gift.

The question “What can I bring?” might be in order. (just like with anyone else.)

Or a host/hostess gift that isn’t food, like an amaryllis (potted bulb with big showy flower). They’re in stores everywhere and just weeks away from blooming.

Enjoy dinner!

Please don’t worry. Anything you bring will be most appreciated by any gracious host/hostess. The point of any dinner party is to enjoy some food with company that you desire to spend time with, it is not important what is brought. Simply enjoy the evening.

Why don’t you ask them what you can bring

A big fat New York steak with extra hormones and antibiotics added, a 3000 calorie hunk of Godiva cheesecake, and a liter of Everclear alcohol just to test how yogiful they really are.

I kid of course.

Instead of Everclear, take whiskey.

:lol:

Most of the yogis I know love chocolate, it seems to be an addiction for most, so I always give chocolate and appreciate chocolate if I get visited.

I also love to give freshly picked veggies from my garden or I make my own basil pesto, which is always a welcome gift for most people.

Thank you all for your great replies! I am really touched by your friendliness and helpfulness!
I guess I won’t bring alcohol now and maybe go for a flower (good old classic, how did I forget???) or maybe some nice candles?
The pitta and hummus is a great idea, too as that would be wonderful for a starter…

Will think it over.
Thanks again everybody. Really appreciated your help.
P.s. Sorry for using the term Yogi if this is not appropriate… just didn’t know ho to call a person who is really into Yoga and the philosophy behind it.
pps. I am also on my best way to become a Yogi :slight_smile:

Cheers
Me

How about an organic vegetarian wine or some white tea? Just a thought. Enjoy your night!

[QUOTE=Aztec Yoga;14733]How about an organic vegetarian wine or some white tea? Just a thought. Enjoy your night![/QUOTE]
also I saw in the local health food:
-vegan lasagnia with fat layer of cheese and organic pork:)
Vine is a poison…and no compromise here. point

I would bring fruits, it is not unusual for ANY party and would be useful for this kind of event as well.

tea and fruits

This thread is over 2 years old and was recently bumped, but add as you like.

I am with Mike, be a mindful guest, and ask what you could bring to share with others at the meal. If your host has the meal planned and complete, you may bring a gift of tea, a candle or flowers that your host can enjoy at another time.

And rather than staying in a place of no compromise and criticism, one could offer to bring their favorite veggie dish, or a non-alcoholic drink as a contribution, so that you can enjoy it along with the host and the other guests.

Gathering to eat together is a blessing and gift that is best enjoyed with an open-heart!

*nichole