Which is better for Weight Loss? Yoga or Pilates

Yoga and Pilates now is a fad. Which do you considered the best training method to lose weight?

[QUOTE=yogalates;77311]Yoga and Pilates now is a fad. Which do you considered the best training method to lose weight?[/QUOTE]

Hi yogalates,

According traditional lord Shiva is the founder of yoga,At first lord Shiva teach yoga to his wife Parvati,During this time one fish listen all advice from lord Shiva after that fish produce one beautiful baby and this baby is call as Matchhnder Nath then Matchander Nath teach yoga to Gorakha Nath then Swatmaram etc…So one traditional come from lord Shiva and this traditional is call as Hatha yoga traditional,
All yoga is come from hatha yog Like Ashtanga Vinyasa,Hot yoga,Bikram yoga,Iyenger yoga Etc…

There are very big difference between Yog and Yoga,Hatha is Yog but Hot is yoga,Pilates also yoga but not Yog.If you practice Pilates Then you will get very good physical fitness and also reduce your weight but by the practice of traditional Yog not only you can reduce your weight but also you are able to get very good physical fitness,Mental health and Inner peace.But something is better then nothing,You can practice either Yog or Pilates according your choice, Nothing is wrong in this world,Everything is created by god,Nature,human beings for whole universe,

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.

[QUOTE=Mahal;79909]Hi yogalates,

According traditional lord Shiva is the founder of yoga,At first lord Shiva teach yoga to his wife Parvati,During this time one fish listen all advice from lord Shiva after that fish produce one beautiful baby and this baby is call as Matchhnder Nath then Matchander Nath teach yoga to Gorakha Nath then Swatmaram etc…So one traditional come from lord Shiva and this traditional is call as Hatha yoga traditional,
All yoga is come from hatha yog Like Ashtanga Vinyasa,Hot yoga,Bikram yoga,Iyenger yoga Etc…

There are very big difference between Yog and Yoga,Hatha is Yog but Hot is yoga,Pilates also yoga but not Yog.If you practice Pilates Then you will get very good physical fitness and also reduce your weight but by the practice of traditional Yog not only you can reduce your weight but also you are able to get very good physical fitness,Mental health and Inner peace.But something is better then nothing,You can practice either Yog or Pilates according your choice, Nothing is wrong in this world,Everything is created by god,Nature,human beings for whole universe,

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.[/QUOTE]
Hi Mahal

You say:
[ul]According traditional lord Shiva is the founder of yoga[/ul]
[ul]There are very big difference between Yog and Yoga, Hatha is Yog but Hot is yoga[/ul]
Does it mean that lord Shiva had no knowledge of “Yog”?

Personally, I don’t know much about yoga that’s why :confused:

Really you are very Active and very alert about find the mistake,
My intention is lord Shiva is founder of Yog But I am new In forum ,After once post I have no idea how to correct the mistake.Any way thank you for replay and please worship to lord Shiva then you will be a nice yogi with in few day and also if you respect to yoga then your mind will be positive instead of searching mistake :slight_smile:
Really appreciate,
Thank you,
best regards,

[QUOTE=Mahal;79916]Really you are very Active and very alert about find the mistake,
My intention is lord Shiva is founder of Yog But I am new In forum ,After once post I have no idea how to correct the mistake.Any way thank you for replay and please worship to lord Shiva then you will be a nice yogi with in few day and also if you respect to yoga then your mind will be positive instead of searching mistake :slight_smile:
Really appreciate,
Thank you,
best regards,[/QUOTE]

Dear Mahal

My question was very simple and your answer is equally complicated.

You admit that you made a mistake. I don’t know for what you thanked me. And after that you started preaching…with a :grin:

Should I really care about what people like you suggest?

[QUOTE=ActiveLink;79918]Dear Mahal

My question was very simple and your answer is equally complicated.

[/QUOTE]

Namaste dear Active link,

I think Your life is complicated that’s why everything is looking to you as complicated,

There are lot of on-replayed threads in Forum,I just try ed for answer of some threads,Some body asked what is good for weight Loss? I answered Pilates is good for weight loss but you can get all benefits By the practice of Yog.

Any way again I am copying my answer and will paste with correct according my knowledge,

[B][I]
Hi yogalates,

According traditional lord Shiva is the founder of yog,At first lord Shiva teach yog to his wife Parvati,During this time one fish listen all advice from lord Shiva after that fish produce one beautiful baby and this baby is call as Matchhnder Nath then Matchander Nath teach yog to Gorakha Nath then Swatmaram etc…So one traditional come from lord Shiva and this traditional is call as Hatha yog traditional,
All yog is come from hatha yog Like Ashtanga Vinyasa,Hot yoga,Bikram yoga,Iyenger yoga Etc…

There are very big difference between Yog and Yoga,Hatha is Yog but Hot is yoga,Pilates also yoga but not Yog.If you practice Pilates Then you will get very good physical fitness and also reduce your weight but by the practice of traditional Yog not only you can reduce your weight but also you are able to get very good physical fitness,Mental health and Inner peace.But something is better then nothing,You can practice either Yog or Pilates according your choice, Nothing is wrong in this world,Everything is created by god,Nature,human beings for whole universe,[/I][/B]

I think now you have no any problem about Yog and Yoga word,

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.

[QUOTE=Mahal;79919]Namaste dear Active link,

I think Your life is complicated that’s why everything is looking to you as complicated.

I think now you have no any problem about Yog and Yoga word,

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.[/QUOTE]

Wow !! You are great.

One request: should I learn yog or yoga to be a good and knowledgeable person like you?

[QUOTE=ActiveLink;79921]Wow !! You are great.

One request: should I learn yog or yoga to be a good and knowledgeable person like you?[/QUOTE]

Strong person don’t put others down… They lift them up,–Watson

You are wel-come for learn yog or yoga

Thank you
Best regards,

Yoga diet or go on the raw diet weight will never be a problem imho
Cheers

[QUOTE=yogalates;77311]Yoga and Pilates now is a fad. Which do you considered the best training method to lose weight?[/QUOTE]

I think cardiovascular exercise and proper diet are the best training method for weight loss. Pilates-type exercises work well for strengthening/toning the muscles, but I’ve never attended a Pilates class that really raised my heart rate enough to call it cardiovascular exercise. As for yoga, some forms are more strenuous than others, so I think the more strenuous/intense/fast paced forms could raise the heart rate high enough to do the trick.

Running. Even then, you have to run a lot to lose a little. Overweight is mostly about what people put in their mouths.

[QUOTE=yoga4Astrongback;80001]I think cardiovascular exercise and proper diet are the best training method for weight loss. Pilates-type exercises work well for strengthening/toning the muscles, but I’ve never attended a Pilates class that really raised my heart rate enough to call it cardiovascular exercise. As for yoga, some forms are more strenuous than others, so I think the more strenuous/intense/fast paced forms could raise the heart rate high enough to do the trick.[/QUOTE]

I agree with strongback.

For me i lose more weight doing yoga than cardio. cardio makes me hungry thus i eat more than i should. Yoga makes me feel full , thus i eat less and lose weight.

But then yoga is more demanding than riding a bike. And doing it in the morning before breakfast really makes a different.

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;80012]For me i lose more weight doing yoga than cardio. cardio makes me hungry thus i eat more than i should. Yoga makes me feel full , thus i eat less and lose weight.

But then yoga is more demanding than riding a bike. And doing it in the morning before breakfast really makes a different.[/QUOTE]

Before breakfast that is a. weight losers secret weapon
Also there are no rules that says when you have to eat .eat when you are hungry don’t over eat .eat for breakfast what you eat the rest of the day ,what makes breakfast any different ? Eat salad everyday try to eat a raw diet ,if you can .
I weigh the same thing I did in high school why ? Well I swim and do yoga everyday and eat a raw diet ,it is really easy. Pluse it tastes really good . Imho
Cheers

Hi Yogalates,

Both yoga and pilates have many benefits to your health. However, losing weight is not one of the major benefits that they can offer. Just consider weight loss as an additional benefit and not as a major one.

If your goal is weight loss then you should concentrate on cardio exercises which is known to burn much more calories.

you need to understand one very crucial point here. First find out what is causing weight gain. Many people rush to lose weight and they do lose to some extent for sure but they gain again very fast. Change in life style is must. 90% weight gain issue is because of sedentary life style only. I have written an article on weightloss and how yoga helps in that. you can read it at http://www.sohamyogastudio.org/News.php. Search for “weightloss” word. All the best…

Pushing yourself away from the table before you hit the ‘overeat’ zone in the best training method.

You cannot out-train a bad diet.

Your diet contributes to 80% (or more!) of the fat-loss equation. Yoga asana and/or pilates can both contribute to your physical health and wellbeing but seriously, it’s your diet that will yield lost weight.

Calories in vs calories out is the equation to balance for weight loss. Cardio exercises raise your heart rate to a steady state or high intensity intervals which burn more calories. Both yoga and pilates can be taught at high levels of intensity but neither keep the heart rate up steadily for significant calorie burn when compared to cardio. Yoga and pilates will help to build a stronger more supple body which will help you to perform better both physically and mentally. If weight loss is your greatest concern make sure you move, burn calories and monitor what you are eating for best results.

One point to pay attention here. Cardio is good for a person who is already engaged in the physical activities and fit to a good extend. If you are overweight and if you have heart related issues like BP and others then by doing cardio you will end up over loading your heart and lungs. You may be successful in burning few calories to some limit but at the cost of damaging knee ligament (if you run on trademill) or some other organs. As mentioned earlier and also by Chris R above that change in lifestyle and diet is the secret key along with Yoga. You need to overcome your stress as well because stress changes your hormones and eventually you gain weight. Once you are back to normal, you can add any other activities like cardio etc.

I like pilates better. I just feel like I have had more of a workout.