Will I ever master these poses?

I have been doing yoga on and off for about a year and I have the intention of doing it regularly from now on. I have trouble with some poses and wondered if I keep doing them long enough, will I get to the point where I can actually master them correctly? Or will I always have trouble? Such as downward facing dog… I can’t straighten my legs and get my heels on the floor… I just bought some yoga blocks, but could I ever master this without them? And table (???) hurts my arms!Will it ever be comfortable? Thanks

believe it or not, downward dog and table DO become easier with practice and patience. i have found that progress in yoga comes little by little, so gradually that you may not notice until one day…your heels will reach the floor or all at one your head will come to your knee in janu sirasana. same goes for table. as you gain strength and flexibility, you will progress.

i remember my first teacher telling me that eventually, with practice down dog can become a resting pose. i thought that was impossible, but now i tell my students the same thing. as long as you are striving, you are progressing.

namaste!~