Yoga Nude

My sister and I have been doing our sessions in the nude lately. Anyone else do it nude?

kiiiinky

Hi. LoL yes I guess so. We just thought it would be fun once, but we kept doing it since. A bit strange too.

Yes, when summer comes it is much more pleasant do do yoga nude than wearing sweaty clothes. But still, some postures are easier to perform while having sime clothes on, because sweat makes skin slippery. Also, in meditation and pranayama body becomes still and it may become cold. So, nude is nice, but not always and not necessary.

Those are good points. Thank you. Maybe as we become more advanced, we will find that being totally nude may not be good every session. Thank you for that opinion.

I have visited many forums in my online experience, and there used to be a lot more activity. I used to be able to discuss a topic for a while then. These days you are kind of lucky to even get a reply. Oh, and thanks to those who did reply :slight_smile:

Do you know some little bit busier forum? I’d also like to see more activity on forum.

I would imagine there is, but I haven’t really checked around. Maybe it’s a good idea for me. I mean a lot of the people here seem to just read, and not discuss, which is fine I guess, but I was kind of looking for more insight rather than just telling about it.

I strongly feel that one should not perform yoga nude. If one feels quite hot during summer, then wear some light clothes and do it. Yoga is not just a physical or mental exercise but also a spiritual exercise. It was founded by spiritual people. Do we pray to God without wearing anything? It we do so, then it would be showing disrespect to God. Similarly, when we are involved in this spiritual exercise, let us be decent. Well, this is just my opinion. I dont know if I can convince those people who wish to do yoga nude. Some may think I am a guy from an old school. I would surely like Mukunda & Chandra to comment on this issue.

Thomas

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate what you are saying as it is your opinion and how you wish to apply it.

My sister and I feel that doing our sessions in the nude, increase our natural feeling of spiritualness within ourselves, not as it pertains to God.

We also think that it is sensual.

I agree with Tompasand (Thomas). It is disgusting to note that Curt and her sister like doing yoga nude. I dont belong to the Western society where nudism is not uncommon. But I just dont understand how these two sisters become nude in front of each other and do yoga. Yoga is not a play or game. Please don’t do it just for fun or passing time. Respect it. If at all these “sisters” love seeing each other nude, go and take bath together and spend as much time in shower or do other things nude but for heavens sake, dont do yoga nude.

John from India

Johnny, thank you for your input. I am her brother by the way, not her sister.

I must say it is a little bit odd, but certainly not disgusting. So what? As long as they do not make incest it is all ok. Sorry to put it so directly.
And do you really think God will be offended if you do yoga nude? Isn’t God the one who created us as well as the whole Creation? Isn’t God always present, even in our bedroom? Are we less human when we’re nude? How can we therefore wash ourselves? Uptight - button up? I don’t prefer practising nude although sometimes I do it, only because of heat. But I do it alone in my room. Wearing clothes, in my opinnion, is showing respect to society, not to God. After all, do you know of “Naga babas”, the shaivite order in India who are completely nude, all the time.

Thank you, Hadma for your understanding, and for that information. Also let us remember that God created us nude. We are born nude. So wearing clothes is actually not natural, except for protection when it’s cold.

My sister and I simply tried it to once to see what it would be like, and we liked the whole feeling of it, so we never stopped doing it this way.

I think I speak for my me and my sister both, when I say incest never has entered our minds, and never will. We are human beings, so of course it is sensual, and has it’s point of arousal, but it’s also very liberating, comfortable and very free feeling. It is a bonding experience for us, and a lot of fun to boot.

It is very clean. Believe me. Even while warming up and stretching as we assist each other, we never forget we are brother and sister. That’s just plain common sense.

Curt, I thought you were a girl and you were doing yoga nude with your sister. Now you are telling me that you are a guy and doing yoga with your sister. What do you call it if it is not disgusting? It is certainly disgusting in my society. A brother seeing her sister nude and vice versa!
Yes Hadma, I have seen those disgusting nude babas, who are a menace to our society. I feel embarrassed when I see them and imagine what people around the world are thinking of India. Don’t compare those drug addict babas to the people in a civilized society. We are not less human when we are nude in our bedroom but we are definitely not better than animals when we show our nudity to others, that too our close relatives. We are the best creation of God, Who has given us brain to differentiate good from bad. Adam and Eve were nude in the Paradise until they sinned against God. Soon after they sinned, they started to feel shy and tried to hide from God. Who made them to feel shy, if it is not God? Does it not mean that God wants us to wear clothes? How can you think that it is not showing disrespect to God? Why do we wear best dress when we go to churches, temples and mosques? I agree with you that we can?t hide our nudity from God, who created us nude but it doesn?t mean that we have to show Him our private parts. If we have any sexual problems we go to a concerned doctor who may check our private parts but do you think it is decency if we just go to a doctor without any problems and show our things to him? Besides, is there any religion which teaches that a brother and sister can be nude together?

John

I don’t think it matters who a person is nude with. Nudity is no sin. My sister and I find it pleasurable as well.

John, all the things you said are only result of civilisation you’ve born in. I respect your opinnion but I must disagree with you. You say: Adam and Eve were nude in the Paradise until they sinned against God. Soon after they sinned, they started to feel shy and tried to hide from God. So you’ve already pointed out the reason for being unconfortable without clothes - it is the inner feeling of sin. It is the inner feeling of dirtyness, and fear of God - embeded by christianity. Aside with fact that the story of Adam and Eve is only alegory, the reason they felt shy wasn’t in God (beacuse God was there before, and nudity was no problem) but in their own impurities, in their own minds. The reason why in most of the societies nudity is kind of tabu is in human’s sexuality. When nude childen play in the sand, nobody thinks it’s a problem. But seeing two adult persons being nude is completely different story. In western culture this has even more impact because of two thousand years sexual suppression tought by christianity. It’s no wonder that sexual suppression resulted in hypocrity of western culture - on one side complete western civilisation is obsessed with sex (look all the media!), and on other side sex is “forbidden fruit”. Humans definitelly have problem with sexuality and therefore with nudity too. If humans would have healthy attitude towards their sexuality, considering it being just one of the bodily needs and fulfilling it as all the other needs, then there would be no problem with nudity. I’m not talking here about sexual freedom in sense that there should be no rules (this kind of attitude is just one of results of sexual suppression). Just that people should not feel guilt about it. And if one has no problem with nudity, God also doesn’t have a problem.
As other cultures are concerned, things may be different. It’s a fact that indian culture is sometimes more conservative than culture in western countries, but still India is tollerant enough to accept various lifestyles, no matter how different than ordinary lifestyle. Therefore although naga-babas aren’t so widespread when compared to overall indian population, and though people are somewhat frightened of them, still they’re very respected. They are considered being the “core” of hinduism. Their nudity is simbol of complete surrenfer to God. They don’t possess anything except a pot for begged food and rudraksha mala around neck. The only clothes they wear is ash from the dhuni, the holy fire. There were many great yogis and saints who were completely nude. And their nudity wasn’t result of patological sexuality, but rather of complete renunciation. Think over - how much surrendering and faith one has to have to renounce everything, even one’s very own clothes, and to put own life only in the hands of God? This isn’t so shallow as it may look. So, what I want to say is that it is all matter of social customs. If someone doesn’t have problem with being nude, why shouldnt be nude in his/her own space. Of course, walking around nude is completely different subject, as well as being nude for some weird sexual reasons, but I think this is another story.

wow theres some hilarious mofos on here

curt buddy, i think soem of these guys are just yanking your chain too.

yes you where born nude, clothing are a man made invention, but enough with opinion lets talk about something real.

mantak chia who i believe to be teaching some of the most advanced meditation techniques in the world right now recomends males to do meditation in the nude because your testicles need to hang freely for propper chi circulation, not be restrained in anyway (even if its just a light tug on your underwear…they need to hang)

this is natural, nature evolved for millions of years for your balls to hang. not be supported by clothing (western science will also back me up on this as they recomend boxers to men with low sperm count as opposed to tighty whiteys which constrain the testicles)

HOWEVER

mantak chia specifically says women should wear panties during meditation because their chi can escape or “breathe out” of the vagina. wearing panties helps connect the microcosomic orbit ina woman.

(im referenceing the book Taoist secrets of love by Mantak Chia here)

Thanks for those points and your input, memoria.

After reading that, I am debating whether or not to tell my sister that it may be better to wear a thong. I mean she loves the total nude way so much, she might not want to.

i have a feeling its only a matter of time before curt pulls out the karma sutra book.