Hysterectomy

I’ve just had a laproscopic total hysterectomy and would like to know of suggestions for post-operative yoga practice.
I’m a practitioner of over 30 years and teach yoga.

For post surgical recovery, i would recommend the same for all procuedures with some special recommendations for what you have just gone through. I would suggest doing plenty of yoga nidra (see Richard Miller’s site www.nondual.com for tapes and books on this); restorative poses with one or two days of an extended session 90-120 minutes; and all asana practice with emphasis upon abdominal wave breathing (ujjaye) relaxing the abdomen on inhalations and contracting it on exhalations. In addition i would gradually move towards agnisar dhouti, uddiyana and mula bandhas plus aswini mudra for toning the abdominal and pelvic walls. Rolling bridge (as described in my book) to tone and flex the spinal column and rectus abdominis. Plenty of increased meditation and reading the wonder text Vasistha’s Yoga translated by Swami Ventakesananda. This text reveals the secrets of why yoga and what is the self that does not die. best wishes.
namaste mukunda