Lumbar discs

Thank you for your reply. The muscle spasm has occurred from where I believe the psoas attaches to the spine at L 3, 4 which is the same place where my discs are herniated. There is guarding at that point and pain when I would be in a locust or cobra position. There is also a tightness that goes from iliac crest to the glut and over the hip. Right now everything seems to be getting better but I have had to temper what I do and I still have pain near L 3, 4, 5. Revolved triangle seems to help quite a bit and I wonder if you could explain why. I question the exercise Gomukhasana and wonder if that is one that could be causing my problem. I hope that I have explained my problem well enough for you to understand and help Thank you, D

Revolving triangle can stretch the iliotibial band (IT). That is often associated tightness with lumbar disc issues. The IT band attaches to both an internal hip rotator (tensor fascia lata) and an external hip rotator (gluteus maximus). The ideal is to have an assessment of what motion is restricted then the Asana can be guided more specifically. Gomukhasana can especially release the IT band and depending on the hip restriction that can affect opening in either or both internal and external hip rotation motions. It is a very intense poses for those with this condition and normally the restriction will release best (more so than in revolving triangle) provided prompting is gentle and progressive.