Prostate Cancer

I have a 45ish year old man, stockbroker, thick bodied, has a slight speaking slowness to him, likes to practice strong asana (used to come to my asana/pranayama classes on private basis), sweet, recently divorced after 25 years, no huge physical problems. He was recently diagnosed with prostrate cancer. He is deciding within next month to go for surgery or radiation therapy. Heading toward surgery at the moment. I have done one session with him in which I used NLP/Time Line Therapy to work toward releasing negative emotions, specifically anger. We then worked on breath awareness and breathing into the heart, filling the torso with light and allowing the exhale to release unneeded energies. Finally, I asked him to ask his unconscious what quality his body/spirit needed and to visualize with every breath, that quality entering his body. (Much of this I have gotten from your work).

He wants to meet again. I am planning on doing more Time Line Therapy with him to release negative emotions and perhaps some underlying limiting decisions/beliefs. Thereafter, I will offer him more heart pranayama, nadi shodhana, a gratitude meditation, to begin and keep a journal, and using his own hands in directing energy into his immune system. Even though he will likely not like it (he likes strong asana), I will offer him the joint freeing series done in a meditative manner. CAN you offer modifications of the above, or other possibilities to work with him?

First of all one must give the student what they want - strong asanas not a problem so give to him. but do them in such a manner as to call his attention inwardly – looking for what do you feel (emotions, energy, muscles). Then later on add the following pelvic floor exercises too. (*see post “prostate surgery”) He will be scared of loosing his manhood, erections, and possibility of incontinence is there. address them too.