Sacral pain

Hello Mukunda~

Before I make any requests, I just want to tell you how much I value what you are doing in your work! I have been practicing yoga for about 11 years and teaching for the past 2. My first introduction to your work was through Amy Weintraub who has been my teacher for the last 3 years. I also work with Maria Mendola in Tucson. I have been dealing with a hypermobile sacrum for several years now and I had always had a very difficult time doing backbends. Well, Maria walked me through your version of camel and I realized that I have been doing backbends wrong for almost 11 years. It was always the pelvic tilt that I could not seem to get right. It was such a wonderfully freeing moment when I got into camel and Maria adjusted me - I felt soo open. I cannot believe the progress that I have made in that area of my body since I learned your version of camel! My back feels so wonderful and it is only when I am so distracted from life that I encounter problems with my back. I have gained such awareness of that area after learning your camel. I had spent so much time working on releasing that area on staying away from backbends that my back had become so weak in that area. Now I love doing backbends - they make up a large portion of my practice - because they finally feel good, I finally feel length!!

My students also love hearing that their heels shouldnt touch the ground in downward facing dog - the sighs of relief as they move into a beautiful expression of the dog are a wonderful sound to hear. So, thank you for that!

How delightful that this delicate situation is being resolved. blessings. mukunda