Sacroiliac mobility exercise

Hi Mukunda,

I am trying your sacroiliac mobility exercise for my right hip and groin strain. I also have a right patella maltrack and both knees has been diagnosed mild meniscus injuries by physiotherapist, as a result of some dance twisting movements.

The knee problems happened during my dance training. I frequently have to keep my hips turned out wide and knees in squat position in indian dance. I am guessing this position and my excessive side bends might have caused imbalance in hip joint muscles, thus my hip pain and patella maltrack. I have stopped dancing for a year now as I feel I need to take care of my body first.

My question is: I would like to try this exercise for my hip without agravating my meniscus injuries. In the posting where you included a pdf photo demonstration, the first exercise - ‘the left foot points back beside the hip’. I would like to know if I can modify this position so that I don’t have to fold my leg back and tuck my foot next to the hip. That is the reason why I am not doing the Hero pose.

I appreciate your advice.

I also feel a muscle under my right sit bone when I am tilting my pelvis forward and back for exercise 1. My sit bone will pass and bump over this muscle for the forward tilt and then again bump over it for the backward tilt. My physiotherapist had told me that my R piriformis muscle is too tight because of muscle imbalance and also long durations of hip turnout (plie). Besides pain on side of hip and groin, I get pain in the buttock and it radiates down the back of my thigh.

Hi
I urgently need Sacroiliac Stabilizing Exercise.pdf. The link is not working.

I am suffering from Sacroiliac pain for past 4 months. It happened while I was playing Squash & had no clue to the actual problem. Even my Orthopaedic couldn;t diagnose it but after reading ur columns, I can feel that it is Sacroiliac as I also have the same pain on right side in a qtr size area.
Pl share with me all the info u have & also point to me for any youtube videos on teh excersise.

Thanks in adv

Hello Clive, I am sorry about the SI exercise pdf being corrupted–I am working on get that back up on this site.

Cheers,

Nichole… Thanks…
Meanwhile can u pl stell me some excersise wheich I can start doing so I get some relief.
I am able to sit in the crozz Traiangle pose but don;t know what to do next.
ALso it is quite painful to sit in that pose so pl advise how to set my sacroiliac joint correctly… How many days/ sitting it takes to set the joint correctly?
Pl email me the link/excersise files.

Hello Clive,
I have uploaded the SI Stabilizing exercise to this thread: http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/f18/sacroiliac-stabilizing-exercise-226.html. You can download it from there. I can’t add more now because of my time constraints, but this will get you started before we talk.

Be well,
Nichole

Hi Nichole
Thanks a lot for ur help.
Now Looking back, I can diagnose that I had a fall on my right buttock & hence Sacro-iliac joint was inflamed. After doing some yoga excercises suggested by u, the pain has reduced. However I still have pain at the sacrum joint at teh back & bending etc is painful.
What other excerise I should do to completely cure myself. I foundthat using a Infra Red Lamp provides temporary relief.
Pl advice

Pl advice