The emotional heart

M & I saw someone with both palms facing back. I asked her if she had heart disease in her family & she said no & that she didn’t have it either. After assessments were done I asked her about her husband & if he was still alive. She is 71 & had 7 children & was in prison for 3 months due to being a peace activist. Her husband had been buried last November so I asked her if he was the “love of her life” & she said no. I am thinking that the correlation of the heart & the hands facing posteriorly may be on a more emotional level so we talked about that & she agreed that it was a significant thing.

Does this happen very often, that emotional traumas or feelings cause significant changes to the physical body?

L

A ? A very intriguing discussion. To me heart is multidimensional organ. So I suspect that the correlation of emotional heart being closed would hold true here. How often we see this when people are depressed heart is not open and then are rounded shoulders. Who can say where this line is drawn between chronic and acute heart aches? Is it postural or structural? - that is temporary due to emotional state or more durable due to persistent mental state. by asking these questions you can come to conclusions about which kosha (dimension) is affected. Each of the five dimensions require different approach to Yoga Therapy. namaste mukunda