Enlightenment, Light Body, and Kundalini

I’ve been thinking, is there much difference between Light (rainbow) body, kundalini, and enlightenment?
Light body, so I’ve read anyways, is a state obtained when one lets go of everything including their ideas of how things work and accept everything in it’s natural state.
If you awaken kundalini, it seems to me that one would just naturally know what is and what isn’t; it seems to me, at that point, you could be considered enlightened because you’d be able to perceive the true state of things very clearly.
I’m open to being told I’m wrong or corrected ^.^ Though I prefer a correction when I’m told i’m wrong :wink: So, please, discuss.

Have never heard of Light Body… is it something like aura? something new-agy or old philosophical concept?

Well, you’ve heard of the idea that we have different bodies (vehicles) whether or not we’re aware of them on different planes of existence. The light body being a vehicle of energy being able to explore things our human mind can’t even truly begin to perceive. Tara, the white Tara specifically, so I’ve read, was said to have done this, attributing to her pure white appearance.
It’s like the idea of your consciousness shifting to your astral body I suppose. However, something I’ve heard is that it’s potentially possible to manifest the light body in the physical realm of existence and maintain as a being of energy, though, apparently nobody is in such a state currently. Which, kind of (possible or not) makes sense due to the way this world is working right now. (not so well)
The light body is a bit more than that, it’s a lot to do with connection to the divine. It’s like… the energy reflection of your physical self I guess, it’s supposed to look much like you currently do, however the appearance can supposedly differ. It sounds a lot like inhabiting just your etheric body. But, if that were to happen. I wonder if the average person would even notice. Or… if it would take a clairvoyant to notice you…

“is there much difference between Light (rainbow) body, kundalini, and enlightenment?”

There is a tremendous difference, although each may be seen as different aspects of the same process. What one is referring to as Kundalini is just a means of transformation towards enlightenment. To develop the Kundalini and channel it’s energy along the spinal cord towards the top part of the brain between the two brain hemispheres is the whole approach of the science of Tantra Yoga. But to simply dissolve into the Oneness of the original nature of existence is not the only interest of Tantra-Yoga. Along with enlightenment, there is a possibility of creating a vessel through which one may transfer one’s consciousness at the time of death. In Tibetan yoga it has been called the rainbow body, in most yogic sciences it is referred to as the divya-sharira. To create a suitable instrument which can function as a vessel for one’s enlightenment beyond the body - requires tremendous sadhana involving the transformation of the energies of the subtle body into such a crystallized state, that such a vessel may even pass through death without being destroyed.

There is a tremendous danger in the practice of these methods, which unfortunately a large number of hatha-yogis have become entangled. And that is why most hatha-yogis had become obsessed with the body- at the expense of coming to one’s liberation in this lifetime. Because to use such methods without it arising out of one’s attachment and identification with the ego is as rare as one can imagine. In most cases, unless one has already come to a tremendous awareness of oneself, it is bound to only nourish one’s ego a million times fold. But, if you are capable of using the ego without becoming identified, then even the ego can become an instrument in the hands of a master.

Light body, so I’ve read anyways, is a …

feel the G’s in static … padmasana …

speaking from experience (check out my blog):

kundalini rising transforms your pranic body, allowing you to…
…enter the Etheric Trance (which could be called a ‘light body’)
…enter samadhi (definately a body of light)

samadhi transforms your pranic and physical body further, activating the wheel portion of the chakras (sometimes people get confused about the ‘aura,’ the ‘energy center’ and the wheel) and…
…the chakras when active make the rainbow body, which during the highest samadhi, allows you to fall into your own stargate and astral project into the cosmic realm and eventually be endowed with enlightenment.

for you sanskrit junkies the highest state of samadhi after nirvikalpa is purusha khyati samadhi, or the no-self/self of no-where/now-here. it’s basically in the realm of incomprehensibility, but still cool to think about.

[QUOTE=FutureHumanDestiny;69181]speaking from experience (check out my blog):

…the chakras when active make the rainbow body, which during the highest samadhi, allows you to fall into your own stargate and astral project into the cosmic realm and eventually be endowed with enlightenment.
[/QUOTE]

I actually laughed out loud when I read this. It’s entertaining. Where did you get this?

[QUOTE=Serenity;58210]I’ve been thinking, is there much difference between Light (rainbow) body, kundalini, and enlightenment?
Light body, so I’ve read anyways, is a state obtained when one lets go of everything including their ideas of how things work and accept everything in it’s natural state.
If you awaken kundalini, it seems to me that one would just naturally know what is and what isn’t; it seems to me, at that point, you could be considered enlightened because you’d be able to perceive the true state of things very clearly.
I’m open to being told I’m wrong or corrected ^.^ Though I prefer a correction when I’m told i’m wrong :wink: So, please, discuss.[/QUOTE]

I think you need a course in comparative religion to answer this. These terms come from different traditions:

Enlightenment - Buddhism
Light Body - probably Christianity
kundlini - Hinduism

Is there much difference? I’d say yes, quite a bit. Are there similarities? I’m sure there are.

[QUOTE=Asuri;69231]I actually laughed out loud when I read this. It’s entertaining. Where did you get this?[/QUOTE]

from personal experience, thank you. which part was the funniest?

[QUOTE=Asuri;69231]I actually laughed out loud when I read this. It’s entertaining. Where did you get this?[/QUOTE]

if you were laughing then you missed the point.

the point is that there’s a tremendous amount of misinformation in the world and on the web, and that people are trying to sort it out.

spirituality isn’t just strange, or stranger than people imagine, it’s stranger than they are willing to accept and people who refuse to consider the possibilities are going to miss the enlightenment boat when it comes to town.

-dale

[QUOTE=Asuri;69232]I think you need a course in comparative religion to answer this. These terms come from different traditions:

Enlightenment - Buddhism
Light Body - probably Christianity
kundlini - Hinduism

Is there much difference? I’d say yes, quite a bit. Are there similarities? I’m sure there are.[/QUOTE]

No, they do not.

Enlightenment: Samadhi(perfect wisdom)
Light body: Taijasa, Sukshma sharira

@Surya Deva

Well I certainly wouldn’t want to argue with an expert like yourself.

@FutureHumanDestiny

I think the part about the stargate was probably the funniest. So let’s see if I understand you. You made this up to make a point about all the misinformation that’s out there? What exactly did you experience that brought you to this realization? How is it relevant to the original post, which actually was a fairly serious question?

[QUOTE=Asuri;69256]@FutureHumanDestiny

I think the part about the stargate was probably the funniest. So let’s see if I understand you. You made this up to make a point about all the misinformation that’s out there? What exactly did you experience that brought you to this realization? How is it relevant to the original post, which actually was a fairly serious question?[/QUOTE]

now i’m the one giggling.

are you familiar with the concept of enlightenment, arising out of samadhi, which eventuates from kundalini, which results from kriya yog, which advances from kundalini yoga?

Good grief - another realized master. It sounds to me like you’re mixing up a bunch of traditions. So I repeat, where are you getting this stuff?

[QUOTE=Asuri;69263]Good grief - another realized master. It sounds to me like you’re mixing up a bunch of traditions. So I repeat, where are you getting this stuff?[/QUOTE]

how would you recognize a master if you had one in front of you?

I’m really not into silly games. Apparently you are.

[QUOTE=Asuri;69281]I’m really not into silly games. Apparently you are.[/QUOTE]

your ego is preventing you from receiving the meaning of my messages. i would be glad to answer all of your questions, but i detect more malevolence than a kind hearted discussion would tolerate. in other words, you have mistaken me for someone i’m not.

i join forums like these in order to reach out to genuine spiritual aspirants who strive to comprehend the spiritual (not material) path.

so first of all those terms are ubiquitous, not from different traditions. i will explain in the hopes that we can return to peace in this thread.

you can verify this information however you want. it’s even on wikipedia, of all places.
yoga is the ancient hindu tradition of physical purification that prepares the body and mind for yog, or the spiritual tradition. the ultimate goal of yoga is for the yogi to attain enlightenment, known in buddhism as buddha-hood.

buddhism spun off of jainism, which is a type of ancient hinduism.
sufis in islam pursue enlightenment, as do kabbalahists.
african zulu and the hopi have spiritual enlightenment traditions.

the source text for kundalini + enlightenment which have a foundation in yoga is the hatha yoga pradipika, a sanskrit text outlining the use of asanas, mudras, bandhas and breathing with the ultimate goal of raising kundalini and enlightenment.

there is evidence that other ancient cultures had enlightenment and kundalini traditions, however, i won’t bother you with them.

the reason i came to this forum is because it’s a traditional indian yoga forum, or appears to be. i wouldn’t expect it’s members to laugh at it’s own traditions, or those who discuss them.

i hope that we can continue to discuss them peacefully and without fear of being reprimanded by the yoga gods.

i hope that we can continue to discuss them peacefully and without fear of being reprimanded by the yoga gods.

Your views are very much welcome on this forum, don’t let one spoiled apple spoil your impression of people here. Most people on this forum can relate to what you are saying. Asuri cannot relate, because he thinks of everything in a highly compartmentalized way, so when he sees somebody drawing comparisons between different traditions or schools of thought, he has a hostile reaction to it. You are hardly the first person Asuri has been unduly rude and acerbic to.

Furthermore, he is largely ignorant about the traditions he defends, and in his case having a little knowledge is dangerous, hence why he fails to understand them or compare and contrast with others. He feels like he knows them and defends them like a protective parent, but in actual fact his knowledge is often inadequate, even in those areas he feels is his territory(Samkhya for example) and too narrow because he lacks knowledge in other related areas.

thank you surya.

i hope that we can learn together as brethren.

namaste.