Hijackers of the Holy KRIYA YOGA

My friends and sincere seekers,

There are many men out there claiming to be “guru” - It is a sad affair to see these charlatans posing as yogis.

Pray to God that you find the fiery truth.

I am not interested in discussing many petty things, or reading any responses to this, so all that are interested beyond this post many contact me via email through my profile on this website.

FALSE GURU’S***

1. [B][I]U DHAMMENDRA VATS (INDIA) [/U][/I][/B]- TEACHES FALSE KRIYA. FALSE KRIYA IS DESTRUCTIVE AND NOT WHAT LAHIRI MAHASHAY SUGGESTS. RECOMMENDED ‘GURU’ OF ARRYA MISSION INSTITUTION. THIS GUY CLAIMS THAT HE IS A GREAT REALIZED KRIYA YOGI IN THE PANCHANON BHATTACHARYA LINEAGE. IN TRUTH THIS GUY HAS JUST RECENTLY BEEN [B]EXPOSED [U]HAVING HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONS WITH HIS STUDENTS[/U][/B] MIXING IN LUSTFUL SEX AND THE MERE WORDS OF YOGA. THIS MAN IS NOT A GURU. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH HIM OR WITH THE ARRYA MISSION INSTITUTION.

2. [B][U]SHIBENDU LAHIRI (TRAVELING)[/U][/B] - TEACHES FALSE KRIYA. FALSE KRIYA IS DESTRUCTIVE AND NOT WHAT LAHIRI MAHASHAY SUGGESTS. HIDES UNDER FALSE MYSTIQUE OF ALWAYS BEING IN ‘TRANCE’ - THERE IS A REASON SHIBENDU CAN RARELY LOOK AT YOU IN THE EYES OR EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO YOU. HE IS MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT COOKIES YOU MIGHT HAVE FOR DESSERT THAN YOUR SPIRITUAL PATH. HE HAS BEEN KICKED OUT OF PEOPLE’S HOME HE HAS STAYED IN BECAUSE [B][B]HE MADE SEXUAL ADVANCES ON THE WOMAN OF THE HOUSE[/B][/B]. ALSO, HE HAS COPIED JIDDU KRISHNAMURTI VERBATIM IN ALMOST ALL OF HIS PHILOSOPHICAL DIATRIBES. DOES MASS INITIATIONS, WHICH IS NOT ALLOWED IN KRIYA. WAS NOT AUTHORIZED TO INITIATE PEOPLE INTO KRIYA. HE IS CAUGHT UP IN MAYA AND DOESNT EVEN KNOW IT.

3. SRF - TEACHES FALSE KRIYA. FALSE KRIYA IS DESTRUCTIVE AND NOT WHAT LAHIRI MAHASHAY SUGGESTS. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS. SRF TEACHES A VERY EDITED VERSION OF KRIYA. PLEASE DO A LITTLE MORE WORK AT FINDING A GURU OR TEACHER OF KRIYA INSTEAD OF GETTING ALL EXCITED AT THE MANY STATEMENTS OF YOGANANDA’S ORGANIZATION.

Peace and love to all.

If you have any questions, you may contact me via email.

2 Likes

I’m not going to send you an email to ask you why the font in your post is atrocious.

This is a serious matter and people are being extremely misled and exploited, JSK.

Please respect that.

Thank you.

There are many false gurus. Find a way to be your own guru. Or, listen well and everyone can become your guru.

[QUOTE=omshanti;65808]This is a serious matter and people are being extremely misled and exploited, JSK.

Please respect that.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Hello,
What’s your opinion about Paramahamsa Satyananda Saraswati’s Kriya Yoga?
Thank you

Dear Panoramix,

It is my understanding that Paramahamsa Satyananda Saraswati teachings and techniques were gathered and collected from various reputable “Kundalini” aka Tantra practitioners. Some of these techniques, are in fact very similar to what is known as the Kriya yoga of Lahiri Mahashaya. Kriya yoga is a very very old thing, so bits and pieces of it can be latched onto by other people because of the perceived benefit/power coming from that technique. What makes Kriya uniquely different from other such techniques in the delicate attention to the subtle details of all aspects of your spinal energy centers. The information that is publicly accepted as factual information on the location of the actual chakras is in fact slightly incorrect, which more often then not causes one to “loose control” of the kundalini instead of guiding it in a beautiful dance/circulation of devotion to the true god, in combination with a very intensely rigorous mental sense of responsibility/power etc.

But to get back to your initial point, the techniques by the author you mentioned can possibly be used to prepare the body/mind/soul for the possibility of discovering more subtle pranayama of kriya.

Blessings and Love

Thank you.

Seekers of kriya, seers of truth;

A new online resource has been made available to kriya yogis. There is little on the site now, but bookmark it and check back regularly. This will be a great resource for certain individuals.

the address is kriyayogi.wordpress.com

thank you.

peace and love.

Hello all,

If you or any one you know is or has been mixed up in the guru mess, or have been confused/mislead by Dhamendra Vats, Arrya Mission Institution, Shibendu Lahiri, Self Realization Fellowship, Babaji’s Kriya Yoga (Canada), Sahaja Yoga, Himalayan Institute, Kundalini Yoga, Hathayoga, or any other variation thereof, please contact me at the email below. The yogic process is real and alive; it is the very core of your subtle self. There is no need to be confused or suspend your discrimination and intuition.

“Cognitive meditation is accompanied by
reasoning, discrimination, bliss and the sense of
’I am.’” - Patanjali

email: kriya@popfiasco.com

Which Sutra number is this?

[QUOTE=omshanti;65638]
My friends and sincere seekers,

There are many men out there claiming to be “guru” - It is a sad affair to see these charlatans posing as yogis.

Pray to God that you find the fiery truth.

I am not interested in discussing many petty things, or reading any responses to this, so all that are interested beyond this post many contact me via email through my profile on this website.

FALSE GURU’S***

1. [B][I]U DHAMMENDRA VATS (INDIA) [/U][/I][/B]- TEACHES FALSE KRIYA. FALSE KRIYA IS DESTRUCTIVE AND NOT WHAT LAHIRI MAHASHAY SUGGESTS. RECOMMENDED ‘GURU’ OF ARRYA MISSION INSTITUTION. THIS GUY CLAIMS THAT HE IS A GREAT REALIZED KRIYA YOGI IN THE PANCHANON BHATTACHARYA LINEAGE. IN TRUTH THIS GUY HAS JUST RECENTLY BEEN [B]EXPOSED [U]HAVING HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONS WITH HIS STUDENTS[/U][/B] MIXING IN LUSTFUL SEX AND THE MERE WORDS OF YOGA. THIS MAN IS NOT A GURU. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH HIM OR WITH THE ARRYA MISSION INSTITUTION.

2. [B][U]SHIBENDU LAHIRI (TRAVELING)[/U][/B] - TEACHES FALSE KRIYA. FALSE KRIYA IS DESTRUCTIVE AND NOT WHAT LAHIRI MAHASHAY SUGGESTS. HIDES UNDER FALSE MYSTIQUE OF ALWAYS BEING IN ‘TRANCE’ - THERE IS A REASON SHIBENDU CAN RARELY LOOK AT YOU IN THE EYES OR EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO YOU. HE IS MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT COOKIES YOU MIGHT HAVE FOR DESSERT THAN YOUR SPIRITUAL PATH. HE HAS BEEN KICKED OUT OF PEOPLE’S HOME HE HAS STAYED IN BECAUSE [B][B]HE MADE SEXUAL ADVANCES ON THE WOMAN OF THE HOUSE[/B][/B]. ALSO, HE HAS COPIED JIDDU KRISHNAMURTI VERBATIM IN ALMOST ALL OF HIS PHILOSOPHICAL DIATRIBES. DOES MASS INITIATIONS, WHICH IS NOT ALLOWED IN KRIYA. WAS NOT AUTHORIZED TO INITIATE PEOPLE INTO KRIYA. HE IS CAUGHT UP IN MAYA AND DOESNT EVEN KNOW IT.

3. SRF - TEACHES FALSE KRIYA. FALSE KRIYA IS DESTRUCTIVE AND NOT WHAT LAHIRI MAHASHAY SUGGESTS. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS. SRF TEACHES A VERY EDITED VERSION OF KRIYA. PLEASE DO A LITTLE MORE WORK AT FINDING A GURU OR TEACHER OF KRIYA INSTEAD OF GETTING ALL EXCITED AT THE MANY STATEMENTS OF YOGANANDA’S ORGANIZATION.

Peace and love to all.

If you have any questions, you may contact me via email.

[/QUOTE]
Are you writing from experience? What kind of “false kriya” is SRF administering? You say it is an"edited version" would you please tell me more? I would like to know if I am indeed being misled.

Lavendar

Lavendar,

Yes, indeed I am writing from personal experience. The SRF teaches students their version of kriya, it is a very much altered from what Lahiri Mahashaya originally taught. Yogananda originally changed some of the techniques (in an effort to simplify them for Americans), and also left some out (perhaps he did not understand the error of this omission). Beyond this, SRF as an organization has further confused the techniques and applications. It is a complicated subject, and I will possibly go into if you are a yogi and have an earnest interest. Contact me at kriya@popfiasco.com if you would like to discuss these things, it is not really appropriate to do so publicly.

For now, ONE of the things SRF/Yogananda changed was…

Nasal breathing vs. mouth breathing - In Kriyayoga, the student is taught to only do kriyapranayama through the nostrils, doing such activates the prana in a certain way that is particular for doing yoga (deep inner meditation) - SRF teaches a mouth breathing technique that is a hybrid of kriya and traditional diaphragm breathing, it is not the Kriyapranayam of Babaji/Lahiri Mahashaya. - It is impossible to even scratch the surface of how important this is.

As far as you practicing “bad kriya” etc. - are you experienced in pranayama or is SRF your first introduction to the concept/techniques? What do you fancy about SRF? What do you seek to gain from this? Why are you practicing this?

Om shanti shanti shanti

Want to know the sutra # (refer post #10) Thanks.

Sutra 1:17

The yogic process is real and alive; it is the very core of your subtle self. There is no need to be confused or suspend your discrimination and intuition.

“Cognitive meditation is accompanied by
reasoning, discrimination, bliss and the sense of
’I am.’” - Patanjali

It is very difficult to understand your context for the above quote and the contents themselves are confusing, while you urge not to be confused. Pātanjali is distinguishing in this sūtra ?meditation? from dhyāna, which are often taken as synonyms. While meditation occurs in the objective mode, dhyāna is completely subjective.

Sūtra I.17, refers to a refined emotional intelligence that brings full awareness of an object by concentrating on its fourfold nature?a form (appearance), through observation; the guṇa (word), through discrimination (engagement); a purpose (essence), through insight; and the soul, through immersion. Such ability prepares ground for the higher practices of pratyāhāra, dhāraṇā, dhyāna, and samādhī.

In its context, the appropriate word is ?insight? since an object can now be seen at once on all the three planes?in its appearance, identity, and meaning. Such insight fortifies your ability to read spiritually that brings awareness free from biases and conditioning.

?Intuition? is different since all the cognitive faculties are completely suspended and knowledge is accessed from the Universal meta-mind. ?Bliss? is altogether different as it requires transcendence from all the three planes.

Suhas Tambe,

I find your post funny and rather predictable.
Please sir, leave me in peace.

I will no longer post any translations, as these can always be argued by experts. The translation I posted was from BonGiovanni, I thought that particular translation was appropriate and fitting for the context of the conversation, it was a mere decoration on my post.

I am having a conversation with very specific people on here, and I am not that interested in your personal translation/commentary/ideas of the yoga sutras.

Beyond this, the Vedas and Yogsutras are happening and being transmitted/taught to you right now in your body from throughout the cosmos and God himself. Because of this, it is not wise to engage oneself in all sorts of hair-splitting over the translated texts. You have the choice to choose how you want to behave.

I respect your right to have a voice and speak freely, perhaps the readers/fans of your book “The Making of a Yoga Master” (Hohm Press, AZ, 2012) on Amazon.com would enjoy hearing/reading your discourses.

Thanks and good luck with your Sadhana.

Jai Shiva

Thanks.

There is little point in warning others about practicing ‘False Kriya Yoga’ because they are not likely to even know what ‘True Kriya Yoga’ is, because only initiates of Kriya Yoga are allowed to know it. I am one of those initiates, but I cannot guarantee whether the techniques I learned are 100% authentic Babaji’s techniques. What I can gurantee is that they are 100% effective.

There is indeed more chaos and confusion on this website than clarity and peace.
Alas, the internet is limited and tends to attract the lonely and egotistical humans that regularly post unwarranted opinions and have discussions with no one but themselves.
Many people are on here hiding behind the anonymity that forums provide. Many people are posting trash regarding perceptions that are based in illusion and the lower chakras.

For those that wish to communicate in an authentic and intimate fashion, I have provided my phone number and email address again below.

Thank you.

Morgan
California, USA
949-375-3389
morgan@popfiasco.com

I don’t know of the first two mentioned here but despite of the fact that SRF doesn’t teach the same techniques as Lahiri Mahasaya and Sri Yuktesrwaji did, their teaching seems to be suitable and help many. Unless there has been changes in what they teach since Yogananda’s departure, it is good to remember this work was initiated by him and he did the changes to the yogic teaching with his guru’s and Babaji’s permission. I know that it serves well because my own guru attained jivan mukta-state the second time she sat down to meditate with the techniques of SRF’s correspondence course. I’ve never been a SRF member and I’ve heard lot of s*hit of what the administrators of this organization have done since Yogananda’s passing but still there is some real juice there.
There’s a good free e-book by Swami Kriyananda on this. Search: Yogananda for the world.

There is no one path which is suitable to all. Not even with the one and only, original and authentic techniques.

I’ve learned that Satyananda’s Kriya comes from an ancient lineage. I’ve never seen or read anyone telling where Satyananda learned or got all the things because he didn’'t get that all from Sivananda of Rishikesh. I have a reason to believe that all that yogic wisdom came, at least in part, from a master called Siddha Bogarnath who is one of the greats in the same lineage as Babaji, Thirumoolar and others.