:stuck_out_tongue:

I love being a trendsetter!

No. I didn’t watch your video.

Now. Now I rest.

Interesting!

You know what else is interesting?

A fart.
Bromated vegetable oil.
The ineptitude of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Cher.
Joan Rivers.
Hoarders.
Bergman films.

What else is interesting I wonder?

Girls wearing miniskirts and transparent clothes in -10 weather?

Another good discourse Amir. I just wanted to make a comment on your tone a bit, it seems a bit pretentious sometimes. I did not really understand why you threw away the paper with the question to side and then stared at it, and then slowly came back in style. Some of these gestures are looking pretentious.

Be careful not to alienate your audience by acting up to the camera.

What’s interesting is that this thread probably would have died a natural death if you hadn’t bumped it up.

[QUOTE=Asuri;52242]What’s interesting is that this thread probably would have died a natural death if you hadn’t bumped it up.[/QUOTE]

YEah your probably right.

You know what else is Interesting?

My main Hindu Brosif SD - calling this guy pretentious. Not that I disagree or anything. I just find it all so interesting.

Surya,

“I did not really understand why you threw away the paper with the question to side and then stared at it, and then slowly came back in style.”

There are many things which will be very easy to misunderstand, which are certain to be misunderstood. Often times, it can be seen as egotism, anger but it is neither egotism nor anger. Neither is it a matter of being “in style”, or out of “style”, or anything of that kind. It is simply that once you are living in a certain state of consciousness, it becomes very natural that there is a certain intensity behind one’s actions. One yogi, Gorakshanath was a tremendously fierce personality. He was not a gentle lotus flowering in the field, he was a wild storm. But usually, unless you are just like a gentle lotus flowering the field, you are certain to be seen as “pretentious”, particularly if you are associated with anything “spiritual”, then you must be outwardly in a certain way according to one’s own ideas as to what it is to be “spiritual”. Bodhidharma used to have a short-temper. Rinzai used to strike his disciples continuously, if he asked a question and felt they hesitated to answer even for a moment, he would give them a blow. Vishwamitra was always in a state of anger. Neither of these kinds of people appear to be outwardly “humble”, but it is simply that once the energies of the mind come to a certain state of intensity, the actions that arise from oneself are bound reflect the same kind of intensity.

[QUOTE=Asuri;52242]What’s interesting is that this thread probably would have died a natural death if you hadn’t bumped it up.[/QUOTE]

Once, there were four disciples who were practicing meditation and agreed to observe a vow of silence for seven days.

On the first day all were silent. Their meditation had begun well, but when night came and the oil lamps were growing dim one of the pupils could not help saying to a servant: “Fix those lamps.”

The second disciple was surprised to hear the first one talk. and said “we are not supposed to say a word.”

“You two are stupid. Why did you talk?” asked the third.

“I am the only one who has not talked,” concluded the fourth.

It is simply that once you are living in a certain state of consciousness, it becomes very natural that there is a certain intensity behind one’s actions.

I think even your response is pretentious. I have watched discourses of many esteemed enlightened gurus and teachers, and they do not speak like you do or behave like you do:

I think you’re simply trying too hard to pretend to be a spiritual master, and believe me, it really does come across in your discourses. I will not be watching anymore discourses I am afraid. The information you share is sound, if not regurgitated, but your tone and pretentious behaviour is alienating. I think you need more sadhana before you don the title of a spiritual guru. In fact, it would probably be best to find a spiritual guru to check your ego.

It’s actually pretty pretentious to tell one what they “need” to do to improve themselves.

Surya,

“I think even your response is pretentious.”

Then this is your problem. You said you did not understand why I threw the paper. I responded to you by telling you why. If you did not want to know, you should not have mentioned it. And it is one’s own assumption that one cannot make statements about oneself without being egoistic. If one is truly liberated from one’s ego, then one can even declare one’s own enlightenment without there being even a particle of entanglement.

Neither is it correct to assume that once in a while, one who has become awakened is not going to be egoistic. To be awakened does not mean that somehow your humanity has been abandoned, the full spectrum of your humanity is still there. And if you want to see imperfections, you will find as many imperfections as you want.

“I have watched discourses of many esteemed enlightened gurus and teachers, and they do not speak like you do or behave like you do:”

You have far too many of your own assumptions and projections as to how a so called awakened one should be. And unless you have become absolutely mindful, you are bound to see everything according to your own likes and dislikes of the mind.

[QUOTE=Joanna63;52409]It’s actually pretty pretentious to tell one what they “need” to do to improve themselves.[/QUOTE]

So your saying we are all pretentious?

“I bow to you.”

@ Amir

I once told somebody on the forum that I did not think you were coming from a place of ego. I realize now that I was wrong. This is the crux of the problem right here:

You have convinced yourself that you are a liberated, enlightened being. As I watch you do your thing on the forum, I realize that it is your ego hard at work trying (but failing) to convince everybody else of the same thing. You exhibits all the signs of the egotistical, pretentious ass.

[ul]
[li]The language: whatsoever, one’s awakening, one’s anything, a particle of entanglement, just to name a few.[/li][li]The inability to even consider that criticism from others might be valid.[/li][li]Knows everything about everything.[/li][li]Believes he is always right.[/li][li]Must always have the last word.[/li][li]Thinks that anything he says or does is OK because he’s “enlightened”.[/li][/ul]

Amir will now come back and whine and cry that I’m a bad boy because I called him an ass, without realizing that my actual assessment of his behavior is far more harsh than anything I’ve called him.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;52240]Another good discourse Amir. I just wanted to make a comment on your tone a bit, it seems a bit pretentious sometimes. I did not really understand why you threw away the paper with the question to side and then stared at it, and then slowly came back in style. Some of these gestures are looking pretentious.

Be careful not to alienate your audience by acting up to the camera.[/QUOTE]

Also, the picture behind your head makes it look like you have horns growing out of the side of your head, and the occasional cat’s meow in the background doesn’t jive with the message.

@Amirmourad,

Can I ask what is your intention in making the video’s? This may or may not help to clear up some misconceptions some have. I’ve watched part of the first video and thought it was quite informative.

And just a general question to all. What is it specifically about what he says that angers you? I’m a bit confused, honestly. Is he enlightened? I don’t know him well enough to answer that. I just don’t see what warrants this angst.

You are correct in challenging some of our responses LG. I half regret my tongue-in-cheek post. I suppose amir’s ‘uber’ sincerity creates some skepticism. The issue is mine, not amir’s. And, as SD points out, there is an unnaturalness in his gestures that appears disingenuous. That said, better to not comment than to judge. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Asuri,

“You have convinced yourself that you are a liberated, enlightened being.”

If I say I have come to my awakening, you may accept it or reject it, it is irrelevant as far as your own being is concerned.

“As I watch you do your thing on the forum, I realize that it is your ego hard at work trying (but failing) to convince everybody else of the same thing.”

I am simply sharing my own understanding out of my own direct experience. If you do not like it, then you can continue on your way, my message is not for you.

Flexpinguin,

“Also, the picture behind your head makes it look like you have horns growing out of the side of your head, and the occasional cat’s meow in the background doesn’t jive with the message”

If you had truly understood the message, you would not have been concerned with such things.