Prahlad Jani

Hi, Prahlad Jani was a yogi who not only survived but maintained perfect health for two weeks without food or water under medical supervision.

I believe Inedia is the "explanation"

I was wondering if anyone would direct me to a detailed description on how Inedia is achieved, how one would learn to do this.

Thankyou for any help.

Interesting…

Hi
Last year on British T.V. there was a man from India who claimed he had never eaten or drank any water all his life. He said he sustained himself via the sun.
He was taken into a controlled experiment situation by a Scientist/Doctor who analysed him over a very long period of time, he was observed, tests were done, he lived in this special room and when he cleaned his teeth the water was measured before and after, etc etc, the conclusion was he wasn’t telling fibs, they didn’t know how or why but it was true. This man was very old.
THE SUN.???

[QUOTE=kareng;42873]Hi
Last year on British T.V. there was a man from India who claimed he had never eaten or drank any water all his life. He said he sustained himself via the sun.
He was taken into a controlled experiment situation by a Scientist/Doctor who analysed him over a very long period of time, he was observed, tests were done, he lived in this special room and when he cleaned his teeth the water was measured before and after, etc etc, the conclusion was he wasn’t telling fibs, they didn’t know how or why but it was true. This man was very old.
THE SUN.???[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried to find the source, but I’m pretty sure this was proved to be a hoax. I also read this newsreport.

[QUOTE=FlexPenguin;42973]I’ve tried to find the source, but I’m pretty sure this was proved to be a hoax. I also read this newsreport.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for telling me…just shows…it was of documentary level huh!?

I would'nt mind finding the source for that as well......This film you speak of Kareng

I would'nt rule it out as i have heard many similar stories.I suspect the theory goes you get prana from the Sun which is enough to sustain life.

A few of them have made the media recently i believe.Tests(controlled) done, accomplished yogis profiled.

70 years is quite a long time though.Anything is possible. I know i'm much less of a sceptic in many matters metaphysical,spiritual and so on since my intro. to yoga ,5 yrs ago btw now..

It was on sky and no doubt it will come around again…it was amongst a batch of spiritually based programmes on every evening. I do keep an eye on Sky so I will let you know.

I have to say that it did appear in all ways to be genuine.
Also, I know the Sun plays some kind of major role in things?..the inner guru likes the sun and makes effort regarding it…this I noted.

I remember the scientist referred to things, spiritual, Hinduism that at the time, I didn’t understand…should have made some notes!!, cant rememer xx

Indeed Kareng, Interesting.

Yes i think the Sun must like you say have major influence…it lends credibility to astrology theory or vedic jyotish they maybe call it… I’m sure SD could fill us in here…hehehe.

Also i noticed when i did my sunsalutations in the morning or at dawn the hour of bhamamurti or God supposedly , an auspicious time for sadhana,the prana in the air so to speak was more highly charged and to feel the Sun beating down on you is really nice, feeling wise…it is good to feel nice as well as be nice;)… Like there are less demons around from 4am onwards and generally onwards all throughout sunrise.There is more peace & quiet.

It is possible that in nnumber of years mainstream science will back everything up that ancient spiritual sicence has been saying & passing on for years.

And i do think these maps are useful- the philosphical and the spiritual- when you read about these things from the more experienced it all starts to make sense.I was looking at the Eswaren version of the Gita yesterday- my own copy was older.

Inner guru is drawn to the Sun. Good on you. xxx

Inner guru also loves making an effort,yes.

[QUOTE=core789;42979]Indeed Kareng, Interesting.

Yes i think the Sun must like you say have major influence…it lends credibility to astrology theory or vedic jyotish they maybe call it… I’m sure SD could fill us in here…hehehe.

Also i noticed when i did my sunsalutations in the morning or at dawn the hour of bhamamurti or God supposedly , an auspicious time for sadhana,the prana in the air so to speak was more highly charged and to feel the Sun beating down on you is really nice, feeling wise…it is good to feel nice as well as be nice;)… Like there are less demons around from 4am onwards and generally onwards all throughout sunrise.There is more peace & quiet.

It is possible that in nnumber of years mainstream science will back everything up that ancient spiritual sicence has been saying & passing on for years.

And i do think these maps are useful- the philosphical and the spiritual- when you read about these things from the more experienced it all starts to make sense.I was looking at the Eswaren version of the Gita yesterday- my own copy was older.

Inner guru is drawn to the Sun. Good on you. xxx

Inner guru also loves making an effort,yes.[/QUOTE]

Thank core…interesting about what you say…and yes lets ask Surya, he will know, im sure.

Ishvara makes it clear that the sun is significant, leans forward into its light, grows in size, and appears to, believe it or not, sunbathe in it… in western terms!

Also meditation as you say, at sunrise is special but also near to sunset I have noted and the longest day in the summer is another highly significant day…try it next year…especially 9.00pm to 10pmish xxx

Karen i am curious ,sorry for the upfront question but do you actually see a little buddha or christ-like figure perhaps sitting in full lotus and looking relaxed within the ajna field, perhaps, between the brows? Like this entity almost had an awareness just like you. I say it’s interesting and conceivbaly such a thing could be talked of such things are in some traditions as milestones. I’m of the hunch although these things ar beutiful they could be misleading and a distraction from practice. Just in the sense that if you enjoy the star wars film goin on in your third eye you might be just meditatinig because you’re enjoying it as a sensory diversion which is not to say that is not valid either… some kriya circles talk about the centre of ajna as all kinds of things.

i do like this idea of a little homunculus because that is what it kinda sounds.reminds me of that book by Lawrence Sterne, [I]Tristram Shandy[/I]- which is what i thought of. if it speaks to you then that is all that matters. there are gurus everywhere if we allow and listen.

you know i was’nt really dishing your idea from the start.I cannot possibly write off another person’s experience.xxxx

P.S I’ve got this manual called Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda and the last kundalin kriya in it invites you to imgaine i believe this minature liittle replica of yourself, within yourself if you get me. But that is inviting rather than a vision arising spontaneously but i guess you could have both.

Visions are beautiful and could be symbolic for the individual,like their own road-map but there may be questions relating to the significance we attach to it.Indeed when fireworks goo off it is very nice and can be really quite dramatic.

It should be fairly clear if your third-eye is fairly open. Yours seems fairly open to me but then only you can tell.Your sense of inner space really opens up. Could be you indeed?

BTW any sadhana between 4am the hour of Bhamamrutri or God & say up to about 7.30, when everyone else tends to get up round-about, i.e if you’re a worker, is aupsicious as long as you’re not falling asleep.And the prana being highly charged and the Sun waking up may have a certain amount to do with this.

[QUOTE=core789;42981]Karen i am curious ,sorry for the upfront question but do you actually see a little buddha or christ-like figure perhaps sitting in full lotus and looking relaxed within the ajna field, perhaps, between the brows? Like this entity almost had an awareness just like you. I say it’s interesting and conceivbaly such a thing could be talked of such things are in some traditions as milestones. I’m of the hunch although these things ar beutiful they could be misleading and a distraction from practice. Just in the sense that if you enjoy the star wars film goin on in your third eye you might be just meditatinig because you’re enjoying it as a sensory diversion which is not to say that is not valid either… some kriya circles talk about the centre of ajna as all kinds of things.

i do like this idea of a little homunculus because that is what it kinda sounds.reminds me of that book by Lawrence Sterne, [I]Tristram Shandy[/I]- which is what i thought of. if it speaks to you then that is all that matters. there are gurus everywhere if we allow and listen.

you know i was’nt really dishing your idea from the start.I cannot possibly write off another person’s experience.xxxx

The first sentance about
P.S I’ve got this manual called Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda and the last kundalin kriya in it invites you to imgaine i believe this minature liittle replica of yourself, within yourself if you get me. But that is inviting rather than a vision arsing spontaneously but i guess you could have both.[/QUOTE]

The first sentence asking if it has an awareness just like me, well difficult to answer, possible but difficult to say?

I know what you are saying about different entity’s, ones that can trick etc.

The thing is the measure of the experience. This is how one has to judge it. Remember that Ajna increases perception ESP. So sense steps in to give you an indication of this Gurus intention but below is why I know it is Ishvara as directed by Suhas.

Next is when you have this Good Guru with you, in open Ajna permanent state, your life is transformed for the time the Guru is active at the brow.

For example, I had a bad tooth forming, filling needed on back tooth. When the Guru was active at the brow, the tooth healed itself. I was super healthy, I mean super. I think if I had ran a marathon, I would have won it!

I was also extremely attractive to everyone who came my way, by this I don’t mean attractive as in sexually, although this too in response… but more across the broad spectrum of being liked. I was offered work in strange ways…just because the person wanted my company…,I was offered 5 different jobs in a short space of time, without asking.

Also a light from your eyes is emitted, subtle but noticeable by others and yourself in the mirror.

Also your mind is so peacefully happy and content…extreme in satisfaction.

Also a full day, busy, has no time attached to it…a feeling that the day was all in one, not separated by time.

So when I described this to some experts I have been told the same…Ishvara and in Buddhism the inner guru.

An account of some of this is in Ch’an Buddhism

I met a chinese guy a couple of months ago, broken English, not long here.from northern China. He was doing reflexology for me…he knew I was interested in Buddhism, i told him.

Later, .he commented, without me prompting him, an account of how he had been in his garden, relaxed etc and he then came in his house, sat down and suddenly in front of him, (centre of vision between his eyes and about 6 ft in front)… and ahead was a man, chair size, levitating, cross legged, Chinese, hair in pony tail, he said the man stayed for a while and then disappeared…he was shocked when I told him I understood, he hadn’t met anyone yet, who understood it.

I asked him if he was scared, he looked alert and said he wasn’t and really perhaps he should have been but wasn’t…this is significant because not only are you not scared but also, you don’t feel any need to go shout about it as its happening…I think the reason why is your own mind is in a perfect (almost say ) state to experience this
so your mind will not react badly,or need to amplify its significance… if you get me. xxxx

Well Karen…

I’m sorry i appeared sceptical.Although yyou know i was’nt really deep down.

My notion of Inner guru is just based on what i’ve read and studied alongisde active meditation experience.

I’ve had a little thoughts about what you’ve iterated here. And yes i tihink even to me it would be hard to deny that say inner guru is not a friend… It is indeed like a friend…indeed a very good analogy… a very close friend indeed… in fact so close that if reality is behind a curtain he or she is peeking through it and seeing everything, unfold etc like in a play, a supreme watcher.But to me the iner guru is an abstract watcher excpet, just a inner knowingness at the centre of awarness- it understand the causal body and identifies itself with atman,soul,spirit perhaps what others call purusha rather than prakriti(I think i may get those mixed up sometimes)

Anyway… def. interesting

.I think the reason why is your own mind is in a perfect (almost say ) state to experience this
so your mind will not react badly,or need to amplify its significance… if you get me. xxxx
Scared is’nt something you identify with as You are not scared, that is just wave running over your consiousness if anything and , as long as there is no real threat, you can let that one go which there is an art an kind of simple art to, or simply not identify if that emotion is present & felt. If you go deep and have pratyahara deployed then you accessing the subtle dimensions.Beyond even brain waves although they will manifest. When you get to beta and beyond, i can’t remember the exact freq. ranges but they do really slow down then you will not feel scared. Why not -well if your mind is pure then you won’t invite any negative forces or influences.Why is that- because they say you are purifying yourself. Of what exactly- They say the dirt or obstructions are karma- this could in more understandable language for some translate as past conditioniing, thoughts memories, a sense of old slef, old Kareng’s etc.

I had a really deep experience wheni started deep meditation on mantra where i imagined i could see myself almost and like alof of my karmic impurities were getting bruned away just within that short meditation. bu it was like i was almost like situated above the crown…and it was ucnomfrtable like i was being burned in a karmic fire but heart-opening. It felt like the equivalent purification i would get with 1-2 months asan practice.I think i had built up some negative karma partly because i lackeed good yogic guidance.This is where i think gurus come in they do literally help you like a little child that is lost.They are very caring and take their responsiblities seriously enough.