What is Kundalini rising?

I have googled it, and I can’t find a clear answer.Can someone please give me a clear, concise definition?

Thank you :smiley:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2324837246189907116#

I watched two minutes of that 22 minute video you linked there seeker guy…

HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU EVER GET SUCKERED IN BY THAT STUPID WALRUS?

Duh. Err.

She doesn’t even know the chakras. After touching her heart - she touched her lower abdomen and totally botched up the real meaning - calling where she was touching “the center of divine wisdom?”

After that I didn’t need to watch that nincompoop - duh - and - uh - her way in her comfy chair any further.

[QUOTE=Pear Martini;55364]I have googled it, and I can’t find a clear answer.Can someone please give me a clear, concise definition?

Thank you :-D[/QUOTE]

No because those who speak on it don’t really know, and those who do really know won’t tell you.

[QUOTE=Pear Martini;55364]I have googled it, and I can’t find a clear answer.Can someone please give me a clear, concise definition?

Thank you [/QUOTE]

It is very simply put energetic potential rising up through the shushumna or central nadi located where the spinal cord is and rising up and peircing through the so called main 3 “knots”/energetic obstructions or g[I]ranthis[/I]… Indeed some tantric texts technically speaking actually locate sushumna slightly in front of but also outside the spinal cord but you don’t need to know this.

So it is energetic potential dormant but also arising from beneath the muladhara chakra located at the perieneum which is the physical body’s correlate if that makes anysense. It is usually mythologised as a snake coiled around the base 3 and a half times( it hink there may be some mathematical and symblolic significance to this number; it might even be written into DNA. I think i once came across this somewhere).

Anyway, it rises upwards and peirces through the knots and clears the chakras if all goes well in the process. You want a free passage for kundalini to makes its free ascension upwards and when it reaches the brain or third-eye and sahasrara chakra it sets of explosions in the brain which are rather like mini-orgasms.It is these events that will ultimately expand your consciousness, sometimes quite dramatically, refine your perceptions, brinig about greater clarity and awareness and so forth.

Usually you can’t really force an awakening or safe one at least.And it usually systematic progressive affair rather than an overnight sensation.It does’nt really happen that way or not safely.

It is really psycho-energetic potential that is unleashed but stored at the base or root and resident withn the nervous system mainly( although you could also include the endocrine system as well here)when certain circuits are opened up and multiple levers pushed, vibrations set off etc etc. There are many methods and approaches.An exciting array indeed. Most usualy have to combine one or two of the main yogas perhaps out of say hatha yoga, laya yoga, mantra yoga, raja yoga or kundalini yoga etc.

Based on eperience it can actually be a somewhat tricky and time-consuming business rousing kundalini and waking the Divine Goddess.And i say Godess because it does fell like a very beautiful massage from the inside that. You feel like you’re being carressed and i’ve said this before but mild awakenings may be characterised by a slight “intoxication by ecstasy” feeling. These are just part of the fireworks and signposts on the path if you want to call it that. Like i say it can be abit tricky but if you’ve got a decent enough tool-base and the right understanding and some knowledge it is possible.You just earnestly apply the tools in a scientific fashion and perhaps pray for a bit of divine grace to shower you too also though this is perhaps more or less [I]bhakti[/I]( devotional mania I sometimes or perhaps like to think of it as) and having the attitiude of surrender(all important…indeed you might even say critical for meditation to work as meditation is relaxed awareness…or such a state)…When you’re doing “spiritual” practices it is easy to get over-hung up on results.You just work patiently and they will come rather than chase after them. But it does require investment of time and energy and disicipline.

[QUOTE=The Scales;55416]I watched two minutes of that 22 minute video you linked there seeker guy…

HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU EVER GET SUCKERED IN BY THAT STUPID WALRUS?

Duh. Err.

She doesn’t even know the chakras. After touching her heart - she touched her lower abdomen and totally botched up the real meaning - calling where she was touching “the center of divine wisdom?”

After that I didn’t need to watch that nincompoop - duh - and - uh - her way in her comfy chair any further.[/QUOTE]

…lol

Sexy Hot Walrus…:wink:

Look at my fingers HaHA.

She does look like a fortune teller you might see in a fairground.She also looks ever so slightly creepy too. But hey i know nothing about Sahaja Yoga or this dudess.

I’d give her one.:wink: Am I allowed to say that?..

Tribute to Shri Mataji by Claes Nobel
Claes Nobel is grandson of Ludvig Nobel and grand nephew to Alfred Nobel, who established the Nobel Prizes.

Barack & Michelle Obama's Felicitation Letter for Shri Mataji

[QUOTE=core789;55437]…lol

Look at my fingers HaHA.

• vibrations?

Jai Shree Mataji

…And don’t criticize
What you can’t understand…

~Bob Dylan.

[QUOTE=bjoy;55447][QUOTE=core789;55437]…lol

Look at my fingers HaHA.

• vibrations?

Jai Shree Mataji[/QUOTE]

Hi bjoy,

On reflection i realised i was more talking nonsense and joking around.I think i had an image of a crystal ball-gazer conjured up in my mind when i looked at some of Sri Matajee’s pictures.

You’re right , i know nothing about Sahaja yoga.What seems slightly apparent is it’s distinctiveness in terms of some of it’s techniques and how the subtle body/bodies are activated.The cool breeze on the forehead or rather above at the crown more like is classic kundalini symptoms or effects and i can attest to it myself…simply knowing what look for it though very subtle.It is often a sign of activity in the crown and/or third-eye at least i believe.Some folk might find some of the theory unorthdox but then again as i say i don’t know enough abou it.The waving the hands over the head or heart areas almost sounds more like an attunment technique that you might see in reiki or say EFT. But these are thing i don’t know enough about. It’s typically a stand aloneyoga i get the impression. And perhaps some folk are also just warning of the issue of guru-dependeency or even guru-worhsip and the pitfalls for the unwary. The problem when you have someone assume great influence is that when folk take every last word of the guru for gospel truth and hang on it say they don’t research or authentically question or seek out themself( it lazy to trust someone else because ther’e less work) then they can be open to manipulation and and being heavily influenced by such a person.In other words they stop questioning anything that is being said. So i think it always wise to question even the so called gurus. or those that may have assumed some sort of quasi-guru status like that.Also the prescriptions they may hand out you might want to modify as you see fit perhaps. She seems like an alright person.I’ve still to watch that link posted earlier but yes you are very right. No point dishing something without giving it a fair assessment.But it is intriguing that some may dismissit as complete garbage and i think i can understand why they might say that for some of the reasons i mentioned.That is obviously not to say it is though.It is cerrtainly intriguing.

There are so many yogas out there that i probably would’nt have the time to road-test this one (one has to be selective)going by the website that i visited because the time-scales were typically over about a year perhaps to get to grips with it i suppose and therfore give it a fair appraisal. I did actually try some of the techinques although i probably was’nt quite up to speed with it or familar with what i was meant to be doing. I just watched a couple of u-tube type videos i think it was. I also previewed very briefly indeed the course they had written up online.

Was i doing it right or long enough?. I simply don’t know. But i did’nt feel compelled enough to continue exploring. Just because i’d rather stick with what i know, am familar with and know will produce results.There is also the dangers of getting stuck within the ridgity of a monlothis system without mustering the couraage to break free or at least be flexible.Does it work? ( and i mean for YOU) seems to be one of the main questions to only be concerned with.Why does it work or why does’nt it work so well etc etc.

Most techniques or apporaches will take you Home as long as the practitioner/seeker is sincere and willing. In some ways the technique can be secondary or less important, some might venture irrelevant( although when you do say that then you can get into the area of placebo and mind ovver-matter. i do believe yoga is a science that can be raionalised and understood) and the main ingredient bhakti or spiritual desire. How badly do you want whatever you think you’re gooing to get?

Bottom line is it is good to question whatever teachings are being conveyed to you.A credible good teacher or guru etc i think should teach his/her student to always question what’s indeed is being taught at least at a certain stage after they’ve learned the ropes and find out forthemself. That way they can become independent from even so called gurus , i.e not depdent on anyone and can think for themself, i.e autonomous.That is why they say an authentic guru will only point the finger to inner guru residing within us all. But it might to take you a while to get in touch within inner guru and cultivate that relationship and those insights.If any kind of teacher/guru is just saying beleive everything i say then he/she sounds like he’s not doing his/her job properly.Indeed you could be led down a garden path of some sort perhaps.

Always question is a good idea.

None of the people who are giving your ‘guru’ props and congratulations are yogis. So how would they know she is a fraud?

They wouldn’t.

I however do know that Jabba the Hut is indeed a fraud.

and bjoy please don’t attempt to belittle my understanding. I’ve forgotten more about yoga and this phenomenal universe than your fat sweaty guru ever knew.

Where she does have me beat is: being a fat bon bon eating slug who Talks Nonsense, pulls the wool over peoples eyes, pretends to be a guru when in fact she is a charlatan, and gathers chelas and milks them to o create a spiritual empire built on asat.

MOOOOOOO.

It should not be taken for granted that the Kundalini energy is something that is already there. That is a tremendous misunderstanding. It is there, in the sense that it is there just as a seed, just as a potential. Otherwise, it is not there in the sense that if you do not do the work that is needed, that potential will never blossom into a living reality. That is why it is far better to understand that what we are calling “Kundalini” is something that is created by you - as you are you have only the ingredients but you have to combine them together in a particular way. It is a kind of alchemy, of transmuting certain energies from one form into another form. Just as in chemistry you can combine several different chemicals together to form different substances, each with their own effect, similarly it is the case at the level of the subtle body. What we call “Kundalini” is a by product of certain subtle energies coming together within the sushumna, the central channel of the spinal cord. This central channel contains two other subtler channels. The subtlest of them contains a passageway through which the “Kundalini” enters, called the door of Brahman. It is through the door of Brahman that the “Kundalini”, once it is created, starts rising up the sushumna - activating each of the chakras in turn.

There are several life energies flowing through one’s system. In the awakening of Kundalini, two of them are of our concern, prana and apana. Prana is at the level of the heart and corresponds to the energy flowing through the ida nadi on the left side of the spinal cord. Apana is at the sacral level, and also corresponds to the energy which is flowing through the pingala nadi on the right side of the spinal cord. Prana is negatively charged, apana is positively charged - and when the two are combined together, there is a certain “explosion” of energy that takes place which has been called the Kundalini. That is precisely what one is trying to do through such methods as Maha Bandha. Prana at the chest flows in an upward direction, apana at the sacral level flows in a downward direction - and what you are trying to do is to reverse the directions of these subtle energies. Through a practice like Maha Bandha, prana is made to flow downwards, apana is made to flow upwards, and when these two energies meet at the navel, there is a certain reaction that happens in the sushumna which we call the awakening of Kundalini.

The work of awakening Kundalini involves bringing these two life energies together and forcing them into the sushumna of the spinal cord. That is why the sushumna channel is considered one of the most significant nadis in the yogic sciences, because both the awakening of Kundalini and the ascending of Kundalini, takes place within the sushumna nadi. So some work is needed to create a certain preparedness of the sushumna so that it can become a suitable vessel for such an energy.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;55490]It should not be taken for granted that the Kundalini energy is something that is already there. That is a tremendous misunderstanding. It is there, in the sense that it is there just as a seed, just as a potential. Otherwise, it is not there in the sense that if you do not do the work that is needed, that potential will never blossom into a living reality. That is why it is far better to understand that what we are calling “Kundalini” is something that is created by you - as you are you have only the ingredients but you have to combine them together in a particular way. It is a kind of alchemy, of transmuting certain energies from one form into another form. Just as in chemistry you can combine several different chemicals together to form different substances, each with their own effect, similarly it is the case at the level of the subtle body. What we call “Kundalini” is a by product of certain subtle energies coming together within the sushumna, the central channel of the spinal cord. This central channel contains two other subtler channels. The subtlest of them contains a passageway through which the “Kundalini” enters, called the door of Brahman. It is through the door of Brahman that the “Kundalini”, once it is created, starts rising up the sushumna - activating each of the chakras in turn.

There are several life energies flowing through one’s system. In the awakening of Kundalini, two of them are of our concern, prana and apana. Prana is at the level of the heart and corresponds to the energy flowing through the ida nadi on the left side of the spinal cord. Apana is at the sacral level, and also corresponds to the energy which is flowing through the pingala nadi on the right side of the spinal cord. Prana is negatively charged, apana is positively charged - and when the two are combined together, there is a certain “explosion” of energy that takes place which has been called the Kundalini. That is precisely what one is trying to do through such methods as Maha Bandha. Prana at the chest flows in an upward direction, apana at the sacral level flows in a downward direction - and what you are trying to do is to reverse the directions of these subtle energies. Through a practice like Maha Bandha, prana is made to flow downwards, apana is made to flow upwards, and when these two energies meet at the navel, there is a certain reaction that happens in the sushumna which we call the awakening of Kundalini.

The work of awakening Kundalini involves bringing these two life energies together and forcing them into the sushumna of the spinal cord. That is why the sushumna channel is considered one of the most significant nadis in the yogic sciences, because both the awakening of Kundalini and the ascending of Kundalini, takes place within the sushumna nadi. So some work is needed to create a certain preparedness of the sushumna so that it can become a suitable vessel for such an energy.[/QUOTE]

As I said.

Those who claim to know something of this - don’t really.

and those that really do - won’t tell you.

P.S. I also love how this foolish snake always talks in ambiguity.

certain. work. doing. tremendous. certain energies.

BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. He drones on for 10 minutes and says absolutely

Nothing.

Scales,

That is fine, but being as asleep as you are, I do not consider your perceptions to be of any value.

“Those who claim to know something of this - don’t really.
and those that really do - won’t tell you.”

It seems that somebody else’s voice has hijacjed your mind. Otherwise, if you had seen into the heart of the matter - it would be impossible to say such a thing.

For those who know, to remain silent would be an even greater disservice to all those who have the potential to realize themselves. That is why a man like Gautama Buddha was speaking unceasingly for 40 years, constantly traveling. Bodhidharma had traveled from India to China, an enormous trip in those days, just to spread the message of awakening. Patanjali could not keep his mouth shut and ended up drooling all over his sutras. Jiddu Krishnamurti refused to remain silent, and kept on speaking until his dying day. One’s understanding has nothing to do with whether one is speaking or not speaking. Just as there are those who do not speak and have no understanding, similarly there are those who speak and have tremendous understanding - whether one is speaking or not speaking, that is not the critereon. In fact, if it weren’t for those who decided not to remain silent about the matter, most of what you know of the yogic sciences today would not even exist. If certain masters have said things like “those who speak, do not know”, if you think they are talking about the physical act of speaking - you have missed the whole point. They were just saying that, if you have really come to your liberation, then you are not going to be blinded by all of the knowledge you have gathered in the mind. And because there are those who know nothing else except the borrowed knowledge they have gathered, when such people speak - they may seem tremendously knowledgeable, but deep within themselves the man is in the dark, he is as ignorant as he has always been.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;55510]Scales,

That is fine, but being as asleep as you are, I do not consider your perceptions to be of any value.

“Those who claim to know something of this - don’t really.
and those that really do - won’t tell you.”

It seems that somebody else’s voice has hijacjed your mind. Otherwise, if you had seen into the heart of the matter - it would be impossible to say such a thing.

For those who know, to remain silent would be an even greater disservice to all those who have the potential to realize themselves. That is why a man like Gautama Buddha was speaking unceasingly for 40 years, constantly traveling. Bodhidharma had traveled from India to China, an enormous trip in those days, just to spread the message of awakening. Patanjali could not keep his mouth shut and ended up drooling all over his sutras. Jiddu Krishnamurti refused to remain silent, and kept on speaking until his dying day. One’s understanding has nothing to do with whether one is speaking or not speaking. Just as there are those who do not speak and have no understanding, similarly there are those who speak and have tremendous understanding - whether one is speaking or not speaking, that is not the critereon. In fact, if it weren’t for those who decided not to remain silent about the matter, most of what you know of the yogic sciences today would not even exist. If certain masters have said things like “those who speak, do not know”, if you think they are talking about the physical act of speaking - you have missed the whole point. They were just saying that, if you have really come to your liberation, then you are not going to be blinded by all of the knowledge you have gathered in the mind. And because there are those who know nothing else except the borrowed knowledge they have gathered, when such people speak - they may seem tremendously knowledgeable, but deep within themselves the man is in the dark, he is as ignorant as he has always been.[/QUOTE]

I knew someone would take the bait on this topic.

Core doesn’t bother me.

But you?

Eh…

You think liberation and enlightenment is associated with kundalini?

How Popular.

“You think liberation and enlightenment is associated with kundalini?”

No. Like any energy, it can be used in countless different ways depending on the hands which are using them. If you are using Kundalini as a means, then either it can lead you towards an even deeper unconsciousness, or it can lead towards more and more awareness. So if Kundalini is used as a stairway towards one’s liberation, then one will have to figure out in what way it can be used for such a thing. The same is the case with any method, even meditation. There are people who have been practicing meditation for almost their whole lives, and they have remained asleep. Because if you are going to use meditation, what is needed is not meditation in itself - that is the greatest misunderstanding. What is needed is right meditation.

deja vu

There are people who have been practicing meditation for almost their whole lives, and they have remained asleep.

escapist