Inverting

Q - As for me, I’ve noticed some strange things happening while I’m inverting. I’ve only noticed since I’ve caught my reflection in the mirror~~i look so uncomfortable; veins in my neck protruding and my face red, cheeks sort of puffy. It?s so strange since i love inversions they are my favorite asanas (I’m primarily referencing head/handstands). When i see photos of people in these postures they look so at ease. Do you think my breath is simply not full enough and/or is this symbolic of unconscious issues? (Maybe I’m holding on to unnecessary stuff) possibly control issues? Feet off the ground and upside down offers new perspective…maybe something really heavy is about to come up for me that i haven’t ever dealt w/before?? Sorry to run on like that…just brainstorming. Any insight will be greatly appreciated, naturally.

Be well, Stephanie

The signs you see in yourself are those of one struggling. Relax the efforts you are making (remember Patanjali?s sutra II, 47) and redirect effort so that weight goes onto outer shoulders. The more the neck is flattened and weight bearing these signs will occur. Your speculations may be seeking to provide a movement to insight, continue with these reflections (thoughts in the mind always seeks to find access to the next kosha ? the wisdom of insight).