What Do You Believe?

In order to understand another’s views, sometimes we need to understand from whence they arise. This gives rise to belief, of more importantly, [B]faith[/B].

I will start off by saying that ‘I believe in all beliefs’ because to only believe in one aspect of a multidimensional and multi-purpose Being really kinda places limitations on It.

Still, having the notion of an ‘abstract Deity’ was just too [I]abstract.[/I] Even Lord Jesus realised that when he said: "The way to The Father is through Me’. I needed a ‘Divine Image’ I could relate to.

I always had a fascination and quite a few profound experiences within the Hindu Faith and as soon as I saw the first image of Lord Shiva, I immediately felt it, like a bolt of lightning…but I am [I]still[/I] not satisfied with any of the artistic representations of Him. lol

I am actually a member of the Shaiva Bhairav sect. Yep, I know I am placing limits on my God, but I will [I]always[/I] pay my dearest love and worship to the beheader of Brahma and destroyer of Daksha’s sacrifice (Aum Namah Shivaya).

I am also a firm believer in Vedanta (Advaita Vedanta) in accordance with the works and principles of Adi Shankacharya and my spiritual practice combines two schools of opposing Yogic Tradition culminating in a third- viz: Jnana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga, both reconciling into Laya Yoga.

I believe that the Divine Soul can be everywhere and nowhere simultaneously as described by Sruti and we can say either ‘neti neti’ or ‘aham Brahmasmi’ according to the laws of particle physics alone.

You go into that ‘rabbit hole’ and come out the other end of it, only to arrive at the entrance [I]to[/I] that ‘rabbit hole’ even before you first went into it and just see yourself standing there…then you watch yourself watching yourself standing there and suddenly, the whole universe looks like a scene out of ‘Becoming John Malkovich’. lol

So, basically yup, Hindu person and in the attempt to get to know/like me, I’ll answer any question I can as honestly as I can. Thanks.

न च प्राणसंज्ञो न वै पंचवायुः, न वा सप्तधातुः न वा पञ्चकोशः । न वाक्पाणिपादं न चोपस्थपायु, चिदानन्दरूपः शिवोऽहम् शिवोऽहम् ।। 2 ।। )

न मे द्वेषरागौ न मे लोभमोहौ, मदो नैव मे नैव मात्सर्यभावः । न धर्मो न चार्थो न कामो न मोक्षः, चिदानन्दरूपः शिवोऽहम् शिवोऽहम् ।। 3 ।। )

English Translation (in whole):

I am not mind, nor intellect, nor ego,
nor the reflections of inner self (chitta).
I am not the five senses.
I am beyond that.
I am not the ether, nor the earth,
nor the fire, nor the wind (the five elements).
I am indeed,
That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva,
love and pure consciousness.

1. Neither can I be termed as energy (prana),
    nor five types of breath (vayus),
    nor the seven material essences,
    nor the five coverings (pancha-kosha).
    Neither am I the five instruments of elimination,
    procreation, motion, grasping, or speaking.
    I am indeed,

2. I have no hatred or dislike,
    nor affiliation or liking,
    nor greed,
    nor delusion,
    nor pride or haughtiness,
    nor feelings of envy or jealousy.
    I have no duty (dharma),
    nor any money,
    nor any desire (kama),
    nor even liberation (moksha).
    I am indeed,

3. I have neither merit (virtue),
    nor demerit (vice).
    I do not commit sins or good deeds,
    nor have happiness or sorrow,
    pain or pleasure.
    I do not need mantras, holy places,
    scriptures (Vedas), rituals or sacrifices (yagnas).
    I am none of the triad of
    the observer or one who experiences,
    the process of observing or experiencing,
    or any object being observed or experienced.
    I am indeed,

4. I do not have fear of death,
    as I do not have death.
    I have no separation from my true self,
    no doubt about my existence,
    nor have I discrimination on the basis of birth.
    I have no father or mother,
    nor did I have a birth.
    I am not the relative,
    nor the friend,
    nor the guru,
    nor the disciple.
    I am indeed,

5. I am all pervasive.
    I am without any attributes,
    and without any form.
    I have neither attachment to the world,
    nor to liberation (mukti).
    I have no wishes for anything
    because I am everything,
    everywhere,
    every time,
    always in equilibrium.
    I am indeed,

That’s the core essence of all my belief.

Why have beliefs? What is the reason for such things? What happens when beliefs turn into doubts?

Hello, Nobody

I like the writing you have posted. Can you tell me from what text you are quoting from? I too share a liking for the image of the Cosmic Dancer (Shiva Nataraj).

Peace

[QUOTE=Lavendar;81186]Hello, Nobody

I like the writing you have posted. Can you tell me from what text you are quoting from? I too share a liking for the image of the Cosmic Dancer (Shiva Nataraj).

Peace[/QUOTE]

Peace to you as well.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this.

The quote is from the Atmastakam by Adi Shankaracharya

Yes. The raw, primal power behind Lord Shiva’s Nataraja form is amazing.

Aum Namah Shivaya.

[QUOTE=Juniper;81176]Why have beliefs? What is the reason for such things? What happens when beliefs turn into doubts?[/QUOTE]
When you truly believe something with all your heart and soul, there isn’t any room for doubt. Not when it’s something like this.

If there’s any doubt, there’s absolutely no belief.

That’s why we have them.

In the end though, we are the believer and the belief itself, so yes, it’s pointless.

Nobody,

Thank you for the information and the Youtube link.

OM Namah Shivaya

Om shanti, shanti, shanti

[QUOTE=Lavendar;81273]Nobody,

Thank you for the information and the Youtube link.

OM Namah Shivaya

Om shanti, shanti, shanti[/QUOTE]

No problems. Glad you liked it.

I am only too happy to share this, just to share a small part of it.

Seeing as I have no outlet for this other than to turn inwards again…

So, why Nataraja? Why is it this specific Deity and form I am so addicted to?

Well, there’s Shakti and there’s Maha Shakti. People can practice Yoga and raise their energies and all, but when Lord Shiva is in Tandavam, [I]He[/I] is doing it.

The Dance of the Lord is what destroys ignorance and burns Karma to ashes. It’s what also beheads Brahma and Daksha to illustrate that point.

JAI VIRABADRA!!! JAI KAL BHAIRAV!!!

Everything in the Universe resonates to and is bound by this Dance…the Dance of Maha Kala or the very Wheel of Master Time Himself, surrounded by a halo of holy Spiritual Fire. This is Nataraja, this is the [I]Eternal[/I] Shiva.

Yes, we are all a part of Tandavam. He dances within us.

Aum Namah Shivaya.

I believe that there is only me and everything else is just a illusion.

in experience until then everything is open for consideration but unworthy of belief. Faith is entirely different.

I believe in God.

[QUOTE=Nobody;81267]When you truly believe something with all your heart and soul, there isn’t any room for doubt. Not when it’s something like this.

If there’s any doubt, there’s absolutely no belief.

That’s why we have them.

In the end though, we are the believer and the belief itself, so yes, it’s pointless.[/QUOTE]
Oh I think doubt is important. It is the recognition that our beliefs, however firmly held, are finite perceptions of the Infinite.

[QUOTE=Seeking;83325]in experience until then everything is open for consideration but unworthy of belief. Faith is entirely different.

I believe in God.[/QUOTE]
Me too.
But I cannot claim to have full, exclusive knowledge of God.
Therefore, whilst rooted in my own belief, I may not attack others for theirs.

[QUOTE=wickeddeath2;83309]I believe that there is only me and everything else is just a illusion.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, being an illusion myself, I was unable to read that.

:wink:

Use the ever expanding tool of human consciousness however believe nothing, including this very statement, verify everything with conformation of your direct experience.

[QUOTE=Juniper;81176]Why have beliefs? What is the reason for such things? What happens when beliefs turn into doubts?[/QUOTE]

fantastically said. However, apathy is the worst disease.

start with apathy, end with fascism