How to Choose the Best Yoga Teacher Training for you

A Yoga Teacher Training course can be a deeply transformative and profound journey into your innermost self. Here are some helpful guidelines in choosing the right teacher training program for you.

[B]1. Make sure your Yoga Training is Spiritually Focused[/B]

Spiritual Awakening is the very essence of yoga. Yoga offers not only an approach to work with the body and mind but also offers a complete and holistic system of self-transformation that allows for each individual to discover their true Spiritual Self. As such inner transformation is integral on the path of yoga and any teacher training course that emphasizes yoga as spiritual path will give you the opportunity to discover and deepen your spiritual connection.
[B]
2. Choose Yoga Teachers Who Live and Embody the Essence of Yoga
[/B]
Some students choose a training program based on their personal holiday schedule or their preference for one style of yoga asana practice, without ever understanding who they will be learning from. While this is now common, central to authentic yoga is finding a teacher that is truly able to embody the balance, wisdom and compassion that is the hallmark of a real yogi or yogini. Their life experience and spiritual maturity will act as an ongoing source of inspiration and guidance for you as you deepen your own spiritual connection and learn how to teach yoga through the intuitive heart.

[B]3. Research the Content of the Courses[/B]

Aim for a well-rounded and holistic approach to yoga. Yoga trainings that are deeply rooted in the classical yoga tradition while still being highly applicable to the modern age offer you the best all-around training. Be careful of courses that are only asana based, those that emphasize only health and fitness, or those schools which have trademarked their style of yoga?. Though anatomy training is important, when it becomes dominant and there is too much focus on the physical body it can indicate that the essence of yoga is being overlooked. The schools that teach you how to market yourself as a yoga teacher, how to start your own yoga school or how to do business are adding to the confusion and wasting your time. Being a real yoga teacher is neither a job nor a profession. It is an inner calling from the heart that will open the doors to higher levels of awareness from which you will be able to heal and guide others on their path of awakening. Schools that support this, will rather, encourage you towards disciplined self-practice, healthy diet, silence, self-reflection, meditation and other practical spiritual techniques. These tools will enhance both your prana and awareness, so that you may gain the inner strength to meet every moment with peace and equanimity.

[B]4. Find an Intimate Group Setting[/B]

One on one attention and care for your individual process will offer you a safe and supportive environment from which you can learn, ask questions and develop a personal connection with your teachers. The essence of Yoga is actually impossible to learn. It is in actuality a heart to heart and mind to mind transmission of pure awareness that occurs when both the teacher and student are ready. Try to attend only small group retreats as it will be easier for you to develop this personal connection. Though large groups can have a lot of energy, yoga teacher trainings are an intense learning environment where you may benefit more from the intimacy and affection shared in smaller gatherings. Be mindful of yoga trainings with large faculties of teachers. This often indicates that the main teachers do not have enough experience with the various facets of yoga and have only studied yoga asana sufficiently enough to teach only this aspect of yoga . Unless the faculty is well organized and has much experience complementing each other?s teachings you may get a disconnected and fragmented body of teachings that are hard to integrate.

[B]5. Practice Yoga in Nature[/B]

Yoga is best practiced in a natural environment where the earth is clean, the water is abundant, the temperature is mild, the air is pure and the space is clear. Yoga studios, small rooms, rented halls in cities are probably not the best choice. A retreat center or ashram in nature, away from the faced paced lifestyle of modern cities, is ideal. If at all possible find a community of other yoga practitioners and spiritually minded people. There you will find community support, a slow paced lifestyle and the conditions necessary to deepen your own practice with little effort.

[B]6. Pre-requisites and Screening[/B]

Many yoga schools and teachers are teaching with the aim of learning a livelihood to support themselves and their families going what they love ? yoga. While this is totally reasonable sometimes in order to fill their courses there is a lack of discernment as to who is really ready to become a yoga teacher. Many yoga schools have zero pre-requisites and will accept anyone, no matter what age, how much background or experience they may have. Many unqualified yoga teachers graduate from yoga teacher courses each year, only because they paid their tuition; thus, diluting the noble tradition of yoga. Though these students benefit deeply from their training they may not be really qualified to teach based on their own experience of yoga. If a school screens their students you can presume that they are not in it for financial reasons & are wanting to attract the highest quality students. As such you will likely be in a training course with many other mature and competent fellow students.

[B]7. Practice Teaching[/B]

To apply what you have learned while in the yoga teacher training it is important that the course you choose has ample time for practice teaching. Practicums, or practice teaching time, provide students the confidence they need to teach classes skillfully and compassionately. Many students remark on feeling inadequately prepared to teach, if they have attended a program with little practice teaching time. The learning curve, which can be full of learning from mistakes, can be easily surmounted in a supportive and nurturing environment in the presence of your fellow students and teachers. They will gently guide you to teach yoga from the heart even when the mind gets in the way.

Original Article posted on : www.thailandyoga.net

2 Likes

There are many factors which need to be considered before making a choice. I have met many many people who did TTCs but they dont feel confident and ready to teach, so I always did alot of research before mine. I have done a couple of yoga teacher trainings so far so here is what i recommend to think about:

[ul]
[li]Course Curriculum.
[/li][li]Certification acceptance.
[/li][li]Background of the teachers.
[/li][li]Reputation of the school.
[/li][li]Enough teaching techniques and hands on practice hours. ( Some courses I found were just advance yoga courses no proper training on teaching others).
[/li][li]Teaching style, post course support.
[/li][li]Feedback from graduates.
[/li][/ul]

I followed in my 200 hour ttcs in India at Sivananda Yoga Ashram and Arhanta Yoga Ashram and both were great, the style taught was very similar to each other but both had their own very strong points so i can highly recommend them,

I recommend to do TTC in India for obvious reasons, and I also came across many YTTC which were taught by westerners in rented hotels in Rishikesh, Dharamshala and some other “Yoga touristic places” but i preferred to study at a Yoga ashram with Indian teachers to understand the roots of it, but that also depends on personal choice.
Cheers,

1 Like

[QUOTE=hathayogi;83140]I followed in my 200 hour ttcs in India at Sivananda Yoga Ashram and Arhanta Yoga Ashram and both were great, the style taught was very similar to each other but both had their own very strong points so i can highly recommend them,

I recommend to do TTC in India for obvious reasons, and I also came across many YTTC which were taught by westerners in rented hotels in Rishikesh, Dharamshala and some other “Yoga touristic places” but i preferred to study at a Yoga ashram with Indian teachers to understand the roots of it, but that also depends on personal choice.
Cheers,[/QUOTE]

Dear HathaYogi

There is no doubt that you are a quite knowledgeable and experienced yogi. As per your profile info, you belong to a beautiful country called “Netherlands”. It’d be quite helpful and appreciated, if you reply to the following queries:

1. After completing your TTC from Sivananda and Arhanta, are you able to teach yoga to westerners or you refer them to India to learn yoga from an Indian teacher?

2. You came across many YTTC which were taught by westerners in rented hotels in Rishikesh, Dharamshala and some other “Yoga touristic places” - [I][B]can you explain what exactly is wrong with what and how they are teaching? [/B][/I]

Thank you.

1 Like

This article is very meaningful.
If you are interested in yoga then you should read it!

https://theyogawiz.com/yoga-poses/do-not-get-wrong-about-yoga-for-men.html

In case you're considering turning into a yoga instructor, here are some significant inquiries you should pose about best yoga teacher training in india institute you're thinking about.

1. What style of yoga is educated?
    Try not to pick a yoga educator preparing on the grounds that the dates fit your timetable, or it's shoddy. Or maybe, train in the style that you need to instruct. Furthermore, if a school offers to you, however you haven't encountered its style, go to a class first, or possibly watch a video in that style.
    Likewise, does the program center around only one style, or is it a blend of styles? Each style has its own qualities and accentuations, and in the event that you really need to comprehend what you're instructing, it's ideal to concentrate on one style.

2. What training format do you want?
    You can head out to a private preparing, or you may locate a nearby preparing that empowers you to inhabit home the whole time. Every ha its focal points. A neighborhood preparing gives you a chance to proceed with your work or family commitments while you train. A private preparing lifts you out of that everyday practice into a more profound, all the more changing drenching in yoga as a lifestyle.

3. Which aspects of yoga does the training emphasize?
    A few schools center just around the physical asanas (yoga stances), seeing yoga as a wellness routine. Others consider yoga to be an instrument for fruitful living on all dimensions, so they incorporate reflection, sound way of life, and profound development. Make sure you get what you're searching for.

4. What is an average class size?
    The littler the class, the more close to home consideration you're probably going to get.

5. Is the school well established and respected?
    Ask to what extent the school has been in activity, and what number of alumni they have had. In the event that credibility is imperative to you, search for a school that is a piece of a long-established yoga custom.

6. Do you feel great with the personnel?
    On the off chance that you don't definitely know the executive of the program, request to chat with the person in question so you can pose inquiries. Try not to be modest; you're thinking about a major responsibility, and it's a superbly substantial solicitation.

7. What do past alumni state about the program?
    Request that the school place you in contact with past alumni. They can facilitate your psyche about this important choice — or help you stay away from a major oversight

Start learning from experts we are at Arhanta yoga, Our 200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in India is a certified professional course that deals with an in-depth knowledge of Hatha Yoga. This comprehensive course is ideal for people who wish to pursue teaching yoga or advance further in their yoga journey. The course is led by knowledgeable and experienced teachers from our yoga ashram in India. Since 2009, more than 6000 yoga teachers have been certified at our ashrams in India and in the Netherlands.

Worldwide a ccreditation

Our yoga teacher training in India is accredited by Yoga Alliance, International Yoga Association, International Yoga Federation and CRKBO (The Netherlands)

What will you get?

• Professional and intensive teacher training at an authentic yoga ashram in India
  • A well-rounded curriculum: 170+ Hatha Yoga asanas, yogic philosophy, yoga anatomy and much more
  • Expert teaching skills, proper instruction, correction, and modification techniques
  • Daily three hours of hands-on teaching practice
  • A worldwide accredited yoga teacher certification
  • A chance to study at a traditional yoga ashram in India
  • Guidance for starting your own yoga school or yoga studio
  • Post-course support and mentoring

The article is very informative. I had taken training from the world's best and old yoga institute -Kaivalyadhama and I would recommend you the same. visit :Certificate Course in Yoga - KaivalyaDhama