TTC in Rishikesh

namaste

I have the opportunity to study yoga during my stay in india. I began searching for an inexpensive teacher training course and almost lost hope, finidng none under 1600 us dollars, unitl i stumbled upon this website…

yoga center rishikesh yog peeth india, yoga teacher training course in rishikesh India

unfortunately it is not the most informative of websites, learning most about the program through emails.

• 600 us dollars for four weeks (150 hour certificate)
  • 950 us dollars for six weeks (200 hour certificate)

certified by the Indian Government.

can you tell me your opinion, first impressions, and general feeling about this place which offers.

thank you kindly in advance for your responses.

peace love and light
scottie

Be Silent…and listen to your inner voice, it will know best. :wink:

No one can tell you, only you know. By questioning it already here tells me that you have doubt in you about it. But then again you have done yoga since the beginning of the year and you want to do a teacher’s course, I would ask the motivation behind this? Don’t you think a few more years in yoga might help you to make a more informed decision later? Why this great haste to rush into something where you will deal not only with the physical aspects of others, but also their spiritual evolution?

[quote=Pandara;12690]Be Silent…and listen to your inner voice, it will know best. :wink:

No one can tell you, only you know. By questioning it already here tells me that you have doubt in you about it. But then again you have done yoga since the beginning of the year and you want to do a teacher’s course, I would ask the motivation behind this? Don’t you think a few more years in yoga might help you to make a more informed decision later? Why this great haste to rush into something where you will deal not only with the physical aspects of others, but also their spiritual evolution?[/quote]

Hello Scottie, saw you answered my previous question about the teachers training (introduction) in this mail. To teach yoga it is indeed important that you have realy experienced it yourself for a period of time. You cannot offer to others what you do not have. As a teacher you will have a great responsibility towards your students. But i don know about your practice. I you want to teach i will advise you to go for the best training and for what you need and not for what is most cheap.
Namaste Louise

[quote=Pandara;12690]Be Silent…and listen to your inner voice, it will know best. :wink:

No one can tell you, only you know. By questioning it already here tells me that you have doubt in you about it. But then again you have done yoga since the beginning of the year and you want to do a teacher’s course, I would ask the motivation behind this? Don’t you think a few more years in yoga might help you to make a more informed decision later? Why this great haste to rush into something where you will deal not only with the physical aspects of others, but also their spiritual evolution?[/quote]

Yes, you are right.

My motivation for this is the desire to incorporate yoga fully into my own life making it a way of life and a way of balance: the philosophy, the history, the poses, the chakras, and once being knowledgeable enough, I would like to pass on to others what I know.

is it a premature and rushed decision?
well yes…

but i will fill you in on my reasoning…

Initially the trip to India was to spend time with my friend and his family, and simultaneously I had a friend who had mentioned the possibility of us looking in to Yoga retreats and possibly teacher training programs to get certified and begin teaching.

Looking further into yoga ashrams etc, I was advised by both friend and parent to go ahead and try for a TTC simply because I will be there and have the opportunity, and because they believed a certificate from India has something a little different from one out of the US. Both of their decisions, I believe now, were motivated by money: That I will have secured a job coming back to the states, a job that I will enjoy considering my distaste for the usual nine to five. I think they both might have had that in mind.

I recognize now that with your and Louise’s replies, that these are not necessarily for the right reasons.

However, considering that I have not had enough experience, this place does feel right now. 600 dollars to stay in a place for one month in India (roughly twenty dollars a day) with meals included and spending six hours a day to learn yoga extensively in areas typically not covered in yoga vacations or retreats, I will take this as an opportunity to get my feet wet and see what teaching is about. It is not as intensive as the TTC in other ashrams and so I will be able to explore outside with plenty of free time and experience India! i have never been outside of the States and this secures me a safe place to stay and the liberty to navigate my way around Rishikesh with a home base. Necessary, I believe, for someone not fully knowing what to expect in a different county, culture, etc.

I will more or less, treat this as a vacation but take what I learn very seriously. then when I am ready I do it all over again in the right setting at the right time, and spend the money I dont have right now to get certified and teach.

I do agree with you, I have a responsibly to my “students,” I would not want to put them at risk physically, or handle something as big as ones spiritual evolution.

After your post, I am certain this is right.

Thank you Pandara. I will not teach until I “know” I am ready, which will not be for a while anyway, considering my desire to serve with Americorps for one year and go back to school full time.

[quote=louise molenkamp;12693]Hello Scottie, saw you answered my previous question about the teachers training (introduction) in this mail. To teach yoga it is indeed important that you have realy experienced it yourself for a period of time. You cannot offer to others what you do not have. As a teacher you will have a great responsibility towards your students. But i don know about your practice. I you want to teach i will advise you to go for the best training and for what you need and not for what is most cheap.
Namaste Louise[/quote]

You are right, and thank you for sharing. I will follow through with this program with the intention of getting my feet wet while securing a place to stay in India for a month. I think that is unbeatable. When I am ready I will go for the best training.

very wise advice you two, thank you kindly for your honesty.
I have taken this to heart.

Namaste, and a safe Sunday.

with love peace and light
scottie

[quote=be silent galileah;12683]namaste

I have the opportunity to study yoga during my stay in india. I began searching for an inexpensive teacher training course and almost lost hope, finidng none under 1600 us dollars, unitl i stumbled upon this website…

yoga center rishikesh yog peeth india, yoga teacher training course in rishikesh India

unfortunately it is not the most informative of websites, learning most about the program through emails.

• 600 us dollars for four weeks (150 hour certificate)
  • 950 us dollars for six weeks (200 hour certificate)

certified by the Indian Government.

can you tell me your opinion, first impressions, and general feeling about this place which offers.

thank you kindly in advance for your responses.

peace love and light
scottie[/quote]

I took a peek at the website and my first impression is that looks like a solid program. I know the school to be reputable from my time in Rishikesh as well.

I know that you have considered what as been offered to you so far, and I would like to offer you something to consider too. I started studying Yoga therapy and Yoga practices for many years before I made myself available for consultations…nearly 10 years. I have both clients and friends who are committed students of Yoga who take teacher trainings to deepen their own personal practice; and then later, if it is appropriate they become teachers. For a few of my friends, other students would became very drawn to them from simply practicing along side them in a classroom–their personal practice was a lovely, sattvic practice that drew others in because of its merits. They are naturally arising teachers.

If you are enjoying your practice and are curious about going deeper, than by all means, take the training. Stay open-hearted and curious–learn all that you can. You are will undoubtedly be offered so much more than what you can get in a 1-2 hour yogasana class. Scottie, you are under no obligation to teach unless it is appropriate for you and from how thoughtful you occur to me in your responses, than I would have confidence in you keeping your integrity around that. One thing that my teacher, Mukunda, told my classmates and me at the beginning of our Yoga therapy program with him, is that someone could hold all of the certifications and degrees that there are offered in the world, but if they were not an authentic person who keeps their integrity and stays right in the world, than none of those certifications would matter to potential students and clients. From what I’ve seen and experienced, I couldn’t agree more.

Highest regards,
Nichole

Hello, I see your post a year ago, and I am wondering how did the TTC go? Was it good? I am considering the same place and wondering if it’s worth it?
Thank you,
Silga

Hello

I am practicing yoga for last 10 years and I wanted to do a good teacher training course for very long.
I wanted to go to India for the TTC as I wanted to have the knowledge directly from the roots. After long search
on internet and talking to many schools in India I did my TTC at Ananda Yoga Vedanta Ashram, North India.
It is beautiful ashram and a perfect place for those interested in Yoga and spirituality. The atmosphere is very peaceful, the teachers were very inspiring and caring. I learnt alot about teaching, correcting, alignments apart from the right principles, actually much more than I expected to learn from this course.
They only accept 15 students in a course, the course was an eye opener, I saw many differences in Yoga in Europe and Yoga in India, If you are serious about Yoga The I would highly recommend it, you can check them at anandayogashram.org

hi i’m also looking to get my training at yog peeth in rishikesh… it seem a quiet place and the schedule seem also well done and intense…it is important for me to be well prepare and to learn a safe practice so i can teach safely others… so to learn about anatomy,
alingment of the body , to stay fully in touch with the breath (importance of the breath in asanas)… anyways it would just be great to have more comment about this place…
shanti
stephanie

if there is other places in india that you recommand feel free

There is one Ashram at remote places of Himalaya. The ashram is located at Leh-Himalaya. My Guru Unity stays there. He is having excellent knowledge in Yoga and Meditation. He is low profile and not connected to people but if you do some research you will get contact information.

As a suggestion for YTT in India, we have heard very good comments about Anand Prakash Ashram at Rishikesh.

There’s also Bihar School of Yoga, very well recommended.

Om Shanti

Hello,

I dont know about this course but definitely it will depend on your moticvation and desire to learn. I can also recomend yoy this ashram: www(dot)yogapoint(dot)com They also offer very cheap courses and are good quality. I did my training there and it changed my life. I am now organizing my own retreats in India. If anyone is interested the site will be ready in july 2010: www(dot)himalayaretreats(dot)com
I am also offering 7 days intensive courses for those wanting to learn about traditional yoga and wanting to learn how to incorporate it into daily life.
Wish you the best with your search.

Jeffrey:D

I wouldn’t trust [I]any[/I] course in Rishikesh anymore, it’s a magnet for mercenary charlatans. In that town you will find people responding to the market, they give you whatever “spiritual commodity” you require, irrespective of whether it is in your own best interest, in the true tradition of yoga or if you are ready for it. Sincere people should stay away from there.

Find a training school that has International Certification, find a website with testimonials from past students. Infact, find the qualification you want first, THEN find a school that will give it to you.
“Recognised by the Indian government” hmmm?

At Sivananda schools they accept people for their one month Teacher Trainng Program who have NO yoga experience. Then you can call yourself a teacher! It’s a disgrace really ([I]it used to take many years[/I]!) There are Sivananda training schools in Europe, I visited one in Kerala in India, near Trivandrum.

Sometimes wanting to give others the benefit of what we have just learned is a way to [I]avoid[/I] putting it into practise ourselves, in our own lives (we want to turn it to some advantage rather than actually assimilating it). You know if that’s true.

Do your research, use your wits, be well informed.

The more I think about it I realize that India is not a country but a state of mind. It is a powerful place. I guess it will guide you to the right place according to your intentions. I would say listen to your heart and go where you feel ike going. India is also a place of extrems so dont get disappointed with negatieve storys.

Namaste

Please note that Rishikesh Yog Peeth, a registered yoga school (RYS 200) with Yoga Alliance, specializes in 200 hour yoga teacher training certification course (+100 hour additional training to enhance teaching skills). If internationally recognized yoga teacher training certificate course is irrelevant for you, then there are plenty of other options available for you which might be better or worse than the courses provided at Rishikesh Yog Peeth.

[QUOTE=yogiom;41372]Nameste

Did any one know yoga teachers training at Association for yoga and meditation, India at rishikesh. I heared the teacher Mahesh over there is very experienced and always full with students , can any one been there ?[/QUOTE]

Dear Yogiom

Google for [I]Association for yoga and meditation, India at rishikesh [/I]and check their website. First of all, it doesn’t seem to be a genuine association as its’ name suggests - may be I’m wrong. Secondly, they are misusing IYF logo by modifying the name which is a gross violation of ?. Thirdly, they are [B]misleading[/B] westerners by running a [B]pseudo[/B] website in the name of Indian [B]Yoga Alliance[/B]. All these things have been done intentionally and meticulously. Their yoga teacher might be good but his credibility becomes doubtful because of above mentioned wrong doings.:rolleyes: Anyway, these are my personal assumptions and it might be completely wrong. Better make your own judgement and beware of fake posters.:confused:

just wanted to post about the India Association for yoga and meditation India (AYM), or India Yoga Association loacted in Rishikesh laxman Julla. I was asked by the guru chetan to post on this forum last month while i was doing the training. He was looking over my shoulder the entire time. I therefore wanted to now write an honest review about the yoga school as it is a big commitment and expense to do your training.
well here it goes
the studio itself is gregous and the yoga is great. Chetan gives a really good class. With that said, from the moment i got there everything was a bout money. Chetan seemed to over work his staff , demand a lot of these ppl . He was so artificial and if you ever wanted to talk to him about anything you never felt like he was listening. he was not a spiritual leader on any level and thus if you want to be in a setting where you feel like the person guding you cares a bit more about you as a person than how deep your pockets are i would not sign up there. he does know a lot about the asans and you do learn quite a bit. singing up there is a sort of trade-off .

[QUOTE=happy1;67508]just wanted to post about the India Association for yoga and meditation India (AYM), or India Yoga Association loacted in Rishikesh laxman Julla. I was asked by the guru chetan to post on this forum last month while i was doing the training. He was looking over my shoulder the entire time. I therefore wanted to now write an honest review about the yoga school as it is a big commitment and expense to do your training.
well here it goes
the studio itself is gregous and the yoga is great. Chetan gives a really good class. With that said, from the moment i got there everything was a bout money. Chetan seemed to over work his staff , demand a lot of these ppl . He was so artificial and if you ever wanted to talk to him about anything you never felt like he was listening. he was not a spiritual leader on any level and thus if you want to be in a setting where you feel like the person guding you cares a bit more about you as a person than how deep your pockets are i would not sign up there. he does know a lot about the asans and you do learn quite a bit. singing up there is a sort of trade-off .[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Risikesh is all about money nowadays. It is very difficult to find a genuine class in Risikesh, its all plastic.
One day the Ganges will rise and wash the hypocrisy and greed away.

I attended one of the drop in classes while in Rishikesh. I attended one class, and that was enough for me not to attend any further. The man teaching the class was full of himself, boasting about his superior spiritual energy, he even said to us, ‘Be careful, if you stand do near me, you may not be able to withstand my great energy’

The facilities are terrible, and as somebody said earlier, it pretty much a guest house with a small yoga hall tagged on top. The classes are a rip-off: 150-200 for Yoga , then 200-300 for Yoga Nidra, then 400-500 for Reiki and they also offer massages for 300. It is a business, stay away. Then again you will be hard pressed to find any genuine Yoga place in Rishikesh.

Regarding, Chetan. I have personally talked to him and to his students. He is more of a business man than a Yoga teacher. One of his students I met over dinner said to me, ‘He is definitely not spiritual, I am a bit disapppointed, I wanted something a bit more spiritual’

I know how the Indian mentality works. They know what the Western consumer wants and they target them. For instance, since when was Reiki part of the great Indian tradition? Yet most places you go will also offer Reiki.
If you go to Rishikesh, do not go with any illusions of finding spirituality, you will be sorely disappointed. However, if you want a nice vacation, with some cheap Yoga classes, rafting and trekking and some delicious food, then Rishikesh comes highly recommended.