Advanced Yoga Poses

Dear PemaTingdron

On what assumption you say that the man doing Shirasana is doing it wrong?

First of all accusation is supported by facts not by assumption. You say it looks that his entire body weight is on his forehead, but are you really sure about that. ?

FYI most of his body weight is on his elbows and shoulders.

Your comment has just reveled your ignorance?

You have 36 years of experience of practicing yoga. May I ask what have you learned or missed in yoga?

The man who is practicing Shirsasana was in terriable car accident on Highway, his sedan became hatchback. So for the facts, the rear of the car was struck. According to medical science this guy would have had whiplash because of rear end damaged. This guy had pain in his neck and in his back because of accident. He not only teaches Yoga but believes in it too. So he did not go to doctor, chiropractor or physiotherapist and was teaching Yoga next morning after accident. He practiced shirshasana and scorpio Pose after 2 days of accident.

Would PemaTingdron dare to do that?

Raise yourself beyond Asanas and open the vile of window of your brain.

OM Namah Shivaya!
God bless her!

Sorry, but where is this person in this thread you are addressing or do I miss something here?

[QUOTE=Pandara;22012]Sorry, but where is this person in this thread you are addressing or do I miss something here?[/QUOTE]

http://yogagta.com/

This is the person.

Dear TorontoYoga,

Generally, the etiquette of forums (especially a yoga forum)
is such that we are all making joyful effort to assist each other.

Since your post is addressed to me, and is your [I]very first [/I]post, I am
welcoming you to these forums. Please be advised that a spirit
of respect is advisable. If you took the time to read my longer post,
I addressed your friend or student (Oak333) “with respect…I was surprised to see the photo.”

Since you have joined Yoga Forums now…perhaps this experience
has offered a wonderful opportunity for you to learn and share with other yogins.

In brief, this thread was begun by a beginner
who has posted many times in these forums. He
was inquiring about doing what he termed “advanced” asanas such as headstand.
My [I]intention[/I] is to help him.

To respond to your quote here:

On what assumption you say that the man doing Shirasana is doing it wrong?

First of all accusation is supported by facts not by assumption. You say it looks that his entire body weight is on his forehead, but are you really sure about that. ?

The “assumption” is your web-site photo which I [I]already[/I] explained. Am I sure about it?
Yes, I am letting you know how it looks. It is my opinion.
Many books and web-sites use photos to show asanas in “good’ form and 'not so good” form.

To reiterate:
See Plate 190 of BKS Iyengar demonstrating a ‘good’ Sirsasana from his aforementioned classic text, Light on Yoga.

[/QUOTE]

Again…to repeat what [I]I already posted[/I]:

[QUOTE]Perhaps you may wish to suggest (since you know them and posted their site link for us all to visit)
that they articulate their homepage a bit more effectively.
They may indeed be wonderful teachers…just not discerning web-designers, as “a picture tells a thousand words.”

Namaste,
Nancy

[quote=aka360Yogini;21723]Yes…Ditto.

To oak333:

A new student–someone like yalgaar (who started this thread)–can learn by your linked photo: what [I]not[/I] to do in headstand.

[/quote]

I will criticize no one unless asked by him to do so, and then only with a desire to help.

Yogananda-Metaphysical Meditations

You have criticized “torontoyoga” rather too much, even though the criticism was in a polite form. By the law of action-reaction you got from him a counter-criticism, even though not in a quite polite form.

We all here are dedicated to yoga and friendly to one another. Let us make
peace again. And we will always have to remember the motto above of Yogananda.

Namaste

Peace to all…perhaps this thread can dissolve…

[QUOTE=aka360Yogini;22159]Peace to all…perhaps this thread can dissolve…[/QUOTE]

Sure. After all karmas were redeemed.

Cheers.