Manuka honey & neti

Thanks calvinjones.

THIS IS SO INTERESTING! thanks so much for posting!

Namaste!

Folks, I had a spoonful of Manuka Honey before my matcha this morning & my sinus were open. I could breath :-D. So I was laying in bed & sinus were acting up again so I took a tablespoon of honey again & sinuses are open for biz again! The one I am using is Active 16+ honey. I had been doing neti for a while but went to doctor 2 weeks ago & she gave me nasanex & said sinuses are inflamed. I used nasanex once but did not want to keep using it for 2 weeks since it has steroids? All I can say is this honey works! I am going to keep eating 2 tablespoons daily & see how the sinus react. Might try the neti with honey as well. I figured I have to google this its working too well!!! I have been having sinus issues for over 2 years. Where 1 nostril is constantly blocked. I hope this helps other people. I just ordered the honey other day for my daily cup of matcha tea but figured let me eat a spoonful to get the taste!

I have been using Celtic Grey Sea Salt (1/2 tsp for 2 cups) and baking soda (1/4 tsp) with a gob of Manuka Honey. I believe that the honey is created from Tea Tree pollens. Anyone know if this is true?

I couldn’t say what benefits I’ve received from this practice, but it feels great to rinse my head out.

Also, I’ve done some research on the indigenous honeys’ affect on hay fever…it seems that the protiens are altered through the digestive process (of the bees), making it irrelevant to the allergy.

Whatever works for you, though.

I got mine from Australia

I have had excellent results gaining acute congestion relief from chewing up and swallowing thin slices of jalepeno. I think any chili with comparable skoville (sp?) value will work. The relief is complete and has generally lasted just short of an hour.

Yeah…You are absolutely right joe…you can also try the ginger.

The reason this works and antibiotics less-so is because these opportunistic invaders find fleshy niches to thrive that are just far enough from our circulatory tissues that our own bloodstream can’t infiltrate these ‘layers.’ Hence why Nettie pots are so simple & effective because they breach from the outside rather than through immunological routes (bloodstream) – via attacks on the bacterial metabolic machinery like bloodstream often similarly attempt but only in unreachable and protracted vanity. This realization has recently been communicated to cancer research community (google ‘Do biofilms make for better cancer models’) as there is a belief that once invader cells clump/film/colonize/tumorize – its game over for the immunological routes of treatment basically without purposefully penetrating the mass with substances that can proliferated within or cause apoptosis. Similarly they’re now modifying bacteria to invade tumors and ‘eat’ the tumor flesh but leave our somatic cells alone.

However in my own experience it is neither salt water rinses 5 times a day nor antibiotics that you achieve the ultimate solution unless you can sustain a lot of antibiotics without side-effects – then it might work. But lets assume like most people we want a more reasonable, non-medically accessible, healthier, and affordable route – though let me tell you HONEY in your nose is not easier as I’ll explain below. Honey is that thing and very unique and safe in that regard.

Eventually whether its antibiotics or salt-water, you’ll realize these invaders
are always there and able to recolonize after months pass usually. Therefore its likely you need a route that ‘works’ not ‘snort of works’ (pun intended). Honey is that route but it takes patience and understanding to do what the posts in this thread are encouraging the infected to do. I’m sure any of them that claim to work do indeed work as claimed. However it will be up to you to determine when the invaders are truly gone – like with antibiotics. Generally you’ll feel better and the infected region will return to feeling normal / healthy gradually.

Basically bacterial biofilms are the cause of all this antibiotic research and crude/unreliable approache$ to fighting the non-systemic infections that possess resistance to virtually anything over their compressed evolutionary lives (bacterial cell evolution) – especially in recurring infections. The reason why as I noted above and you can read about in several modern research papers on the topic from sinusitis to MRSA is because of biofilm niches / genetic islands – which are critical masses that bacterial cells achieve that give them super-powers or synergies with their own kind. There is also another mechanism that confers ‘stealthiness’ especially to our own immune systems when dealing with bacterial biofilms – its called Horizontal Gene Transfer… and yes, it means that like Vertical (think mammalian procreation device) these cells CREATE ‘cellular hybrids’ in our local somatic cells by splicing specialized symbiotic or masking genes with our own in these localized areas (sinus folds, dermis, certain prone internal tissues, etc). Additionally bacteria area highly polymorphic meaning they evolve at a hyper pace compared to normal mammalian cells. They (bacterial colonies) do so by generating many random new genes to ‘test for survival’ against the local biochemical environment – then HGT selects the key genes to other ‘alive’ peers – like p2p piracy in computing/media. Once the key genes are selected naturally they propagate very rapidly and establish biofilm resistance which is much more difficult to overcome immunological-wise.

Enter Honey – honey is Nature’s miracle drug & food. Long known transhistorically and transculturally as one of the few and only universal substances for curing anything from sickness to infections. The reason why is bees are a unique hunter/gathering/storing insect species. They create a food source we widely consume – and they store it automatically in a centralized repository without much protest of our using it. This is something insects generally don’t do, not to mention insects don’t ‘get around’ flying to myriads of flowers and pollen types which are all potential drug compounds in of themselves. The bee honey has selected a key antimicrobial chemical composition over about 100+million years where it must resist any kind of bacterial strain or else be invaded with biofilm destruction. You’ll never see honey infected with anything because it CAN NOT bee infected :wink: – chemically its impossible.

The key to this chemical composition is unclear to humans otherwise we’d have synthesized it perhaps as we’re trying to do today in r&d. Though it is believed that hydrogen peroxide slow-release present in ALL honey is the substance that performs a majority of the microbial genocide at safe levels that don’t harm our cells. It has a composition that even biofilms are 100% demonstrated to be unable to adapt to Naturally – therefore doctors and scientists are finally acknowledging that Honey is the substance worth studying more than drugs perhaps. The reason they avoid it though is you can’t patent an unmodified animal product – so they’re trying to safely modify / medicalize (bandages, adding chemical components, etc) honey so they can profit from it. So stay tuned on that front – but we’re not really there yet so PLEASE give this a try if you can’t overcome infection trying everything except honey till now. If you’ve tried honey and it didn’t totally work… I’m not sure what to say – maybe not long enough, maybe not ‘pushed’ or sustained long enough on the film, etc… hard to say.

And the best part is unlike virtually any other antibiotic – honey does not have side-effects that go beyond a few minutes post-nasal cleansing perhaps. Honey though is like a killer antibiotic but its also like a safe-sugar based topical one. However ingesting honey doesn’t get the ‘antibiotic’ effects into your blood like natural or designer drug treatments do. Therefore topical is the best/only route to treat infections with honey, except GI tract infections perhaps. Therefore you can put it anywhere in or on your body with little to no side effects. I.e. putting honey up your nose will result in at worse a temporary allergic reaction of eyes watering like onions but maybe longer + stronger effect I can attest to that. But it goes away in a couple of minutes leaving your sinuses purged and ‘smelling weird’ for a while. Just start with light mixtures (fresh water + honey) and concentrate up from there as you know what to expect in your nose or ears. The ‘water’ is usually amber colored after I stir it.

Good luck and read more on Google if you don’t believe me… there’s personal testimonies, institutions, medical practitioners, etc that all attest to the curative effects of honey on infections. However I haven’t seen as many ‘testimonies’ nor studies done on putting it up your nose… so I’m starting with my testimony that it works. And Manuka (super potent) studies are being done to prove similarly right now but any normal clover / blossom / etc honey should do the trick.

"The key to this chemical composition is unclear’ is partly untrue. Antibacterial properties of honey are the result of the low water activity causing osmosis, chelation of free iron, its slow release of hydrogen peroxide, high acidity, and the antibacterial activity of methylglyoxal. So it is becoming clearer the effects it has but not the ‘ideal’ honey structure yet.

[QUOTE=Bokker5;36899]I’ve suffered with sinus infections for many years and may be able to offer some little help. After 25 years of chronic sinus problems and numerous operations I found the major cause of my problems was an allergy to cows milk. The headaches, bunged up nose and chestyness all suddenly disappeared after completely removing cows milk from my diet.

That is until about 10 years ago when I got a sinus infection that has refused to go away. The neti pot and salt water has made a big improvement, but not cleared the infection. I suspect the problem is down to bugs hiding in the damaged (operated on) nasal cavities and reinfecting the infected area as soon as antibiotics are stopped.

After reading these threads I will be trying Manuka honey for sure and will post the result - good or bad. Thanks to all contributors;)[/QUOTE]

Did you try neem oil probably better than manuka honey, neem is a wonder. Just do a google search and you will find out. Manuka honey is probably good also but there are other local honey that was used in europe in ancient time and it also worked on wounds. People tend to forget and miss this.

I saw that allen mixed some oil with saltwater i was going to advice you to mix neem oil instead. If using pure oil on your body it could get little red but it will go away quick when you stop using it, maybe not for all but if you have a sensitive skin just be aware of it. But if mixing with water it should not be an issue.

You could also get neem leaves chew some and swallow then and/or use the leaves juice in the saltwater. it is also very potent.

Fresh neem leaves could be available in asian supermarket as margosa or sadao. Sadao is thai and the thai neem is less bitter than the indian but still works very good. and costs a fraction of manuka honey.

I got a fungal infection a warm day that was not visible/gone after one night after using the oil and you could not see it had been there at all. The day prior it was an open wound and itching. I never tried manuka but i doubt it could be that quick also you are paying top dollars for it due to marketing whereas the neem leaves are cheap. same goes for acai very expensive and raw cacao beans are not that expensive but far more higher orac and other useful stuff. New superfood comes and price is sky high suddenly and aggressively marketed.

Extra info on oil.
The neem oil however will stain your clothes so if using it rub it in thoroughly and take a paper and press on skin gently to remove excess oil and it will stain less and use clothes you dont care about or black where its not visible.

Neem is indeed a very versatile plant.
Used neem when I was still studying.
Did research studies on neem on high
school and college. It actually is a good
insect repellent as well. 8)

I love Manuka honey as well, but it’s super
expensive. Costs 50%-70% more than regular
honey but it gives the same results in my opinion.
All kinds of honey have antiseptic properties

cheers,
Sexy Yogi