Marijuana and yoga

Interesting mandarinyoga…I know that Garlic and onions have this problem but I have never heard of drugs and alcohol attracting the lower levels by smell>…? I know they can lead to heedlessness as apparently said by Master Buddha which might lead to an attraction to a lower soul.

It is confusing because Marijuana isn’t excluded in Hinduism?

If the garlic, onions, drugs and alcohol attract, maybe things like perfumes will, even soap?. After all, we don’t all like the same smells do we

kind Regards Kareng

Ozone…Aghoris eat human beings as well! They pull out the dead bodies from the Ganges.

I think I would have to be under the influence to do this!

Kind Regards Kareng

When you believe in things that you don’t understand, then you suffer. Superstition…?

Isn’t a widespread wisdom the following? Good and bad do not exist, they are merely perspectives.

Why do so many people who claim to follow a path of enlightenment, peace, meditation, and yoga, also claim so many negative things about a certain plant? These disrespecting tantrums tell so much more about the student than about the plant and the so-called lower creatures who are attracted to its smell.

Like I reacted in the other thread on cannabis & yoga, I’d like to know what Patanjali really meant when he wrote about osadhi/ausadhi (sutras, chapter 4, part 1). Most yogis who totally condemn and patronize the use of ganja haven’t heard of this term and Patanjali’s mentioning of it yet, so it would be interesting to discuss, to say the least.

Condemning ganja use in total feels to me like a sign of not recognizing the allpervading truth that light is present in everything.

When I speak about cannabis, I always refer to vaporizing the female flowers at 230 degrees celsius in minute quantities combined with pranayama, and preferably some postures. It would be nice if the general discussion on cannabis would focus on this, rather than assuming hemp users are taking lungbursting, mindcracking tokes of huge bongs, or even worse, combining hemp with tobacco in a bleeched paper and burning it far over 230 degrees celsius.

Most users actually do the latter, but the negative effects in those practices have nothing to do with hemp specifically–burning any plant combined with tobacco and bleeched paper produces these effects. So if we’re talking about hemp, let’s talk about hemp: when it is used in a pure and ahimsa way.

I’d like to add that the years I’ve used hemp, I feel a strong synergy with living an ahimsa inspired life, for example through frugarianism (eating what is botanically called the fruit of a plant species, after the plant has released it naturally at the end of its ripening process). I think eating mainly plant food and meditating on non-violence as a daily practice is a very good combination, if not a requirement, for using hemp.

Recently I started doing a few asanas and some pranayama–they have similar qualities in that respect as e.g. frugarianism.

I’m fine with people shunning ausadhi, and I wish for all yogis to be fully content by the fact that yoga is attracting so much people who don’t shun ausadhi.

Also a note for the people who have seen terrible things happening in auras and chakras of hemp users–some more experiments are necessary to make such a perception part of a valuable pool of information. We need to generate hundreds, preferably thousands of such accounts, if we want to use it in a functional debate.

For example, I’d be curious what you see in the following case:

1. Meditate on this life as it is
  2. Find bliss in how it is
  3. Find bliss in hemp users being hemp users
  4. Do your favorite asanas, pranayama, yoga practice, etc.
  5. Witness 1 after 1 the auras and chakras of at least 10 people, who have practiced ausadhi within a yogic framework for at least 5 years, inhale controlled amounts of vapor of organically grown female hemp flowers.