Please help me. I'm a victim of ashwini mudra

i am thankful to all the people who have advised me. as of now i could not find a teacher and i have stopped doing mula bandh. i no longer do yoga and i have stopped my attempts to take my apana upwards. because i was hospitalized and i dont want to land up in hospital again.

Namaste,
First stop what you are doing!
These are the rules of ANY exercise according to Ayurveda:
No exercise at all (bad for you)
Doing the wrong exercise for your body type
Doing too much exercise even of the wright kind.
Diet and lifestyle have to be taking into account as well.

Some of these mistakes have brought imbalance to your doshas
Find a competent Ayurveda Dr or read Perfect health by Deepak Chopra.

[QUOTE=lucastp_532;9228]i am thankful to all the people who have advised me. as of now i could not find a teacher and i have stopped doing mula bandh. i no longer do yoga and i have stopped my attempts to take my apana upwards. because i was hospitalized and i dont want to land up in hospital again.[/QUOTE]

Lucas,

Can you please tell me how many cycles of ashwini mudra you were doing daily which caused this?

Apart from increased heat did you feel any difference in your psychological state due to ashwini mudra?

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

Sorry , can any one tell me what’s ashwini mudra ?

I am not an expert in yoga
if you have a not in your body and you open the not it should reless something that evenchaly will go out of your buddy (all depens on your past)

thanks ETSTARTER but again sorry i can’t get ur meaning

[QUOTE=tina;21950]Sorry , can any one tell me what’s ashwini mudra ?[/QUOTE]

This thread is for a very specific purpose – a particular question on
ashwini mudra. Your query is very naive. You can find that out by
searching that term on the Internet.

In a single sentence ashwini mudra is an activity of contracting
and releasing anal muscles. It can harm if done without guidance.
Rest you search on the net.

-Deepak

People in the Northwest that have devoted a lot of time to there trails aren’t going to say anything about them in a forum. Very secretive!

i beleive this place is for sharing in order to increase each yoga partitioner’s insight & knowledge , if everything need to check from the web first in order to get the deeper yoga knowledge , why i bother to come here , glad that u r not this website owner, otherwise this isn’t a successful forum.
But forum with member so mean to share , David sorry for u and me. Bye …period

[QUOTE=tina;22067]i beleive this place is for sharing in order to increase each yoga partitioner’s insight & knowledge , if everything need to check from the web first in order to get the deeper yoga knowledge , why i bother to come here , glad that u r not this website owner, otherwise this isn’t a successful forum.
But forum with member so mean to share , David sorry for u and me. Bye …period[/QUOTE]

Oh dear,
You got angry tina. At least I explainted that much
and you are blaming me. None else explained so I
felt like doing that for you. And I was just referring
to the main topic of the thread which all should stick to.
This thread is discussing a particular
problem about ashwini mudra and not what ashwini mudra is.
Diverting the thread towards some other topic is not a disciplined
approach.

For that purpose you could have started a new
thread altogether.

So now smile and eat some cookies.

you sound really sure that aswini mudra is the trigger for this increase in heat. how can you be sure? i think your situation is a lesson to anyone trying out these techniques without proper guidance and support. These techniques were not intended to be played around with by people who dont know what they are doing. The teacher student relationship is imperative when learning these things. Maybe this is the lesson you needed to be responsible and find yourself a teacher. Blindly medddling in these things is not the way to good health.

[QUOTE=anula;22307] i think your situation is a lesson to anyone trying out these techniques without proper guidance and support. [/QUOTE]

It is a bit extreme to comment like this.

Awakening , which is the ultimate goal of yoga , is not always a smooth
process of step by step unfolding. Sometimes the act of purification
too causes lot of sufferings. So if someone has suffered on the path it
is not necessarily a punishment. It could be the process of experiencing
10 years of pain in few moments , maybe that could be the reason why
sufferings are extreme. Doing yoga could be instrumental in burning the
accumulated karma faster. So what one could experience in many years
, one would be experiencing in a short span – causing a condensed
, high intensity experience. The law of karma is that there is no
’discount’. Every past karma of ours will be accounted for. But it does
not matter if the process of karmic pay back is accelerated. The rule is
not broken. In fact this is the reason why the great men have to go
through lots of sufferings. Probably because they have to finish all
the karmic accounting in this very life itself. They don’t want leftover
accounts to be carried forward causing them enter in another birth
cycle.

The journey towards spirituality/yoga is indeed a ‘path of fire’ as
swami rama call it. One has to be fierce like a soldier. It is not
the path of faint-hearted.

There is a book by Gopikrishna – ‘Kundalini an evolutionary energy in man’
(# ISBN-10: 1570622809 , # ISBN-13: 978-1570622809). In this book
he describes the extreme physical sufferings that arise within him due
to yogic practice. Ultimately it leads him to the fully awakened kundalini
and ultimate bliss. It gives very detailed account of his physical sufferings.
He in fact thought at some stage that he would die due to his pain.

So the simple calculation that suffering is a punishment is not right I feel.

Regards,
Deepak

You may try pavana muktasana. This asana should give to apana a normal flow and it should restore some harm you’ve done to your stomach. You may also look for someone familiar with Ayurveda to help you.

[QUOTE]i think your situation is a lesson to anyone trying out these techniques without proper guidance and support.

It is a bit extreme to comment like this. [/QUOTE]

I don’t find this comment as extreme. Yoga is a real science an it should be used in the proper way otherwise it is easy enough to damage yourself. Yoga is dealing with your own body, mind, energy - without proper guidance and support damages can really occur. Due to the fact that the official science didn’t studied this so deep till now it is very difficult to find healing support after you damaged some of your internal energies.

It is true that due to some intense sadhana some painful purification may occur but this also must be confirmed by a experienced teacher. Not any pain is purification. A pain can also be a result of our misunderstandings and in this case the pain will not disappear if we continue with the same wrong sadhana.

goes to show you the power of yoga.

this is what i learned:
[I]when we become sick we blame the practice and thus abandon it. a classic obstacle in yoga.[/I]
as experienced by one of the posters in this thread.

Why dont you try `Apanvayu Mudra’. Do it 2 times for 15 minutes each morning and evening. It control the body heat and pitta. But take care too much of this mudra will cool you down. Using lemon juce will also help in controlling body heat.

Hi Lucastp,

2 years are over since u posted the question , so many replies too.

Now at least tell us how many cycles of ashwini mudra you were doing
per day? This is the most important information.

Please do answer.

Thanks,
Deepak

If you have a blockage in muladhara chakra then you might find Bhuta Shuddi-Chakra meditation useful-balancing all the chakras nadis…Also worth combining with balancing pranayamas before-hand… Swamiji.com is a useful resource, i think.

If youare doing ashwini mudra with undesirable results then i would advise,perhaps strongly so, to discontinue. It can be easy to get addicted to our practice then we need to reveiw it and add or subtract something ,bearing iin mind that an integrated approach is best.

If you are not familiar with the subtleties of meditation yoga then perhaps find a teacher who can put you on a faster track of learning,i.e faster than say learning on your own without any guidance…whow knows about mantra yoga and pranayam & swara yoga and the more subtler esoteric aspects.(not always straight forward…i know) Then you can tune into your inner guru which is cultivated as your reliance on others becomes less & less.

You need a balanced, and ideally balancing, yoga practice.

Also Feel free to update on your current situation. Hope this could help you.It might not but sounds like you might benefit from the feedback.

the way to cultivate your inner guru is to practice and i might suggest

simple pranayam followed by meditation
learn the practices ,then practice.

I am all in favour of having an open toolbox. But we start if with the simplest of practices but still drawinig on the many yogas avaiable in an i[U]ntegrated[/U] fashion, using all angles,working on all layers of self,subtle bodies,through learning, then build on that in a systemtic way. gradually we gain a feel for what is serving us and what maybe is’nt right now. So we look at our practice set and review and revise it if necessaary.

Ashwini mudra sounds to me like it should be definitely getting the chop (over-doing you might call it) if it has’nt done already,thouugh it is hard to say defintieively with text over internet. Going into more specifics about finer detaisl of your practice might elicit a more useful answer. Do you do ashwini as a stand-alone , in asana, during energy-wrok or mantra or meditation etc etc. - you listed some of the symptoms heat, apana risiing upwards instead of downwards etc

There are some that have been so incapacitated by yoga practices that have caused harm that it has had an impact on their life… The way to adress these issues is to wrap your arms round the full richness and scope of yoga.- these mean address all the limbs including lifestyle and 8 limbs and gain some handle on mantra yoga/meditation*,kriya yoga(optional and more advanced),pranayama*, hatha yoga( useful) etc, seek a competent teacher or guru and live it. Bhakti yoga is another useful one which means surrendering to God or Grace. The doors will open if you keep on patiently knocking, and listening. Listen in silence/meditate & Connect with your true self. You have got to pull out all the stops.No half-measures. Your efforts will pay off in the long run. But i personally believe that what alot of folk are often lacking are the right or appropraite tools and knowledge. The tools back up the knowledge. But you only get a feel for both through practice. It could be a peice of their own personal jigsaw because a yoga practice ideally can be tailored to fit a person . Some can fit many but not everyone( that is why some may progress easily just with asana and others not but sooner or latter they may hit an obstacle)Not all practices fit anyone. And exclusive frequent ashwini mudra practice probably fits no-one. The right appropriate practices combined in moderation amplify each other.Inappropriate ones do harm and then we can no longer call it yoga.

Before Aswini mudra I want to know that what is Mudra ?why its Important ? how its balance our body ?

Mudras are like keys for opening the nervous system in a gentle gradual and systematic way over time so allow it to find it’s full expression… Yoga is a treasure chest full of them. We combine the right set of keys together and we open a couple of doors.Sooner or later all the doors swing wide open, or most of them,doors that may have previously been blocking that person in their evolution.

Consciousness expands often dramatically with a full flowering.

The trick is to tap into the back-end of yoga practice through combined & balanced/balancing practice of pranayam and meditation ;you thereby work out for yourself how to unlock the mysteries of the subtle bodies and the mind-body matrix. This might take some time but it will come with practice, so never give up.

Ashwini mudra stands for gesture of the horse- think of contraction of the anal muscles.This can help to awaken the lower particulalry first 2 chakras. But ,like i say , you combine a whole set of keys together applied over time ( Ideally that prescription can be tailored to an individual with the guidance of someone more experienced and with a bigger tool-set and more knowledge, if some of those doors don’t seem to be opening)… :slight_smile:

Hope this is helpful.