Stopping the interior talking/dialog

confused,
I only started working with this recently, so I am a novice. but I notice when I concentrate on saying/humming OOOOMMMMMM, that it is very hard for me to think, but like I said I am a newbie. Experienced people, is that the point of a mantra

hey yogeshvara
I found your two responses enlightening. While I do grasp the concept somewhat, it is also a very deep concept as well when it comes to relatingn it to every aspect of life. I printed out the two responses you made and have read them five times or more already. Do you think you can make one more response, good things come in threes :smiley:
thanks

keep eyes on my blog site for advanced concept on Yoga and reiki at

Keep in mind that you won’t be able to silence the internal dialogue or focus too well on a mantra or breathing when you are first starting. It will be natural to have difficulty, but in time you can learn to not worry about it. In time after that, you will learn to let the thoughts come and go without attachment. In time, you will learn to focus on your breathing or mantra and let the thoughts slip into the background. In time beyond that, you will learn to meditate without your mind chattering at all.

Think of it like a lake reflecting the moon. The waves churning is like your mind in action. You cannot still the waves immediately. It takes time for them to settle and the surface to become still and glassy.

This isn’t something that you’ll be able to do within days or weeks of starting practice. It can take months or even years.

refer my blog http://bharattkumar.wordpress.com