Falling in love with yoga instructor

Feelings are not turned on and off like a switch. It is natural to have feelings of concern and animosity towards people that had made a great impact (both positive and negative) in your life. Acknowledge and accept them just as they are. You are not a lesser being by any means. Be gentle with others and yourself. Peace be with you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, it get’s worse. There will come a time when he will mean nothing to you. I mean … nothing. A faded memory, and the bluntness and emotional blindness we usually have for total strangers. And you will feel empty. And also, a fool. What was it, how could I love him ? And the expereince repeats itself (there is a pattern) once you get wiser, and more exigent with yourself, more honest to yourself, you will realize that you cannot allow to lose control like this, anymore. And if you are a more emotional person women tend to be, you will start working on your will and thinking aspects. This emotional exuberance needs to be checked by these two - will and thought life. If these are balanced, one may hardly arrive to emotional dependency.

Depends on how you view things. I personally think that it is alright to feel the hurts so that you know the joys of emotions. Being too balanced is like flat-lining & even-toned. I want all sorts of colours in a variety of shades I want the highs (not the alochol or drug induced type) and the lows so that I can learn how to pick up the pieces and soar when the wind is right. I take the good and accept the bad but also know that everything is transient so enjoy it while it last.

it is reveled in the sacred doctrine of Kula that the perfection is achieved by the very means by which the fall occurs.

I did not say you should not love with all your power. I just said, you should be able to still do what reason or duty dictates regardless of how you feel. Balance is not a static state. It is the most dinamic one, exactly because it balances strong forces. Isn’t drama and tragedy born when there is an intense emotion of love, and some insourmontable obstacle in it’s way ? This is where strenght of character shows. There is no pride in romantic love: becuase it is not your doing. You do not love because you really love with all your power, you love because you are attached and you can’t help it, as yogini spirits example clearly shows. And do not think I do not personally know the situation.

To be high is ok, to be in control and still behave as a human being while being high is also ok. (instead of being a cheater, a murderer, a traitor, or a lier, as most people do when they collapes under the power of attachment)
In fact, if one is not exposed to such a weakness, one will hardly know himself for good. People usually compromise and do what everone else does. Thus the lie of the compromise becomes the norm. Do not compromise, love 100 %, die for love, instead of trivializing it, intellectualizing it, “humanizing” it. Recognize the weakness, accept it, transcend it.

Those week in will or thought will always say that those who are able to control their emotions, are emotionless. But this is not the case. Rather, the emotional life of those who seek and manage to control them, is usually much deeper, just they do not shout it on the roadside. A garden becomes beautiful when there is gardener, otherwise it soon becomes a thick meaningless bush.

[QUOTE=Hubert;23795]Rather, the emotional life of those who seek and manage to control them, is usually much deeper, just they do not shout it on the roadside. A garden becomes beautiful when there is gardener, otherwise it soon becomes a thick meaningless bush.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I do agree with you to a certain degree. It’s just like driving you can either choose to tear down the expressway and feel the wind in your hair or slow down to enjoy the view or whatever that’s around you. Either way you drive responsibly. There’s beauty in both a manicured garden and a neglected one (nature has its own beauty too). There is beauty in imperfection and melancholy. Whether one feels pain or happiness let’s celebrate the fact that we can [I]feel [/I]instead of being detached or having a calloused heart. As Tennyson said 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. So go forth be brave & shine your heart to those you love but remember they need not return your feelings.:lol:

Found this on the preface of Erich Schiffmann’s The Spirit & Practice of Moving into Stillness:

[I]The purpose of yoga is to facilitate the profound inner relaxation that accompanies fearlessness. The release from fear is what finally precipitates the full flowering of love. In this state you will love what you see in others, and others will love you for having have seen. This is the softened perception of the world that yoga promotes.[/I]

Another wonderful reason to continue with our daily practice!

I am glad you feel free now… I saw two birds performing a dance together, they were following each others moves with almost perfect timing and affection for each other I think of this as true love…he wasn’t dancing the dance with you.

Kind Regards and wishing you happy future Kareng

I know what you are talking about, I did fall in love with all people I leaning from and I think this is the best way to learn from your teacher. It is a great to Love your teacher, that encourage you to open your heart and your mind and let him or her get in and bring all knowledge and positive things he can deliver to you.
But it should be Love, but not Desire.

I have regards to your feelings, but It does not sounds like Love (i dont mean to hurt your feelings, sorry if I did). What you describing sounds like desire to own, possess and control another human being.

Try to think of him as a collection of knowledge and love that piece of him that is Holy spirit, not his body or his mind, because Holy spirit talks from inside each person.

A real man is in love with every single woman, and a real human being is in love with the whole world.

If looked at from a different point, question is not why you love him, but why do you not love everybody else in the same way ?

[QUOTE=Hubert;26119]A real man is in love with every single woman, and a real human being is in love with the whole world.

If looked at from a different point, question is not why you love him, but why do you not love everybody else in the same way ?[/QUOTE]

pardon me, but if we love everybody else in the same way then what makes our spouse/partner different from the rest? :confused:

[QUOTE=tessiesasha;26121]pardon me, but if we love everybody else in the same way then what makes our spouse/partner different from the rest? :confused:[/QUOTE]

The power of choice.

[QUOTE=Neros;26147]The power of choice.[/QUOTE]

Hail Jesus! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed is thy name above all names, and blessed is thy mother Mary among women, holy Jesus son of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, amen!

Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us!

[QUOTE=tessiesasha;23819]Found this on the preface of Erich Schiffmann’s The Spirit & Practice of Moving into Stillness:

[I]The purpose of yoga is to facilitate the profound inner relaxation that accompanies fearlessness. The release from fear is what finally precipitates the full flowering of love. In this state you will love what you see in others, and others will love you for having have seen. This is the softened perception of the world that yoga promotes.[/I]

Another wonderful reason to continue with our daily practice![/QUOTE]

Hail Jesus! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed is thy name above all names, and blessed is thy mother Mary among women, holy Jesus son of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, amen!

[QUOTE=tessiesasha;26121]pardon me, but if we love everybody else in the same way then what makes our spouse/partner different from the rest? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Being a spouse/partner in and of itself makes them different from everyone else. Just because there are things that one shares with them only does not mean that one can’t allow love to flow to and from all.

Does anyone out there actually practice yoga? Asana is but a small tiny piece of it.
Read some scripture and you will have your answers there.

If this guy is a “play boy” you are not being taught yoga or by a yoga teacher.

[QUOTE=yogini_spirit;17054]Thank you. You all speak of such wisdom and it has given me lots of encouragement.[/QUOTE]

This love is not for your Yoga Teacher its for Yoga only your in confussing state whome you love .

indeed there’s a lot of anguish inside of me. i had visited other forums that talked about this master and some people rumoured abt his relationship with other members. i tend to dismiss it but can’t help having that sinking feelings. i wish i can stay away from all these gossips…its terrible, and yet i seem to be addicted in reading those comments in forums. oh god help!

[QUOTE=InnerAthlete;17059]I understand the difficulty here.
Let’s outline three things.

First there is no room for Yoga and “playboy” to coexist on the same path. Granted the person in question may be growing along the path to a place where they resolve the spraying of their sexuality. However such a person really should not be in the role of yoga teacher until that is exorcised. It not only models poorly for students but also sets a foundation for added obstacles on the path of both teacher and student.

[/QUOTE]

i know you have been here for quite some time, but i have to disagree with you. This whole playboy/yoga to coexist on the same path statement you made makes so sense. i do not feel to practice and teach yoga, one has to be completely detached from life and what one does. it can be wrong or right but a teacher is a teacher, and to fall in love with a teach is the fault of the students.