Hi,

I would like to know what should be the
upper (maximum) limit on the number
of ashwini mudra cycles one can safely
do in a day?

Thanks,
Deepak

None answering this?

I am unable to offer you a specific answer to such a general question. The best I can offer you, based on what you have shared with us so far is: It will depend on a number factors related directly to the person doing the practice. A few such factors include general health, specific health concerns and intention of the practice, and how the person is already responding to ashwini.

Kind regards,
Nichole

I see. That makes sense.

What is the highest number of ashwini cycles anybody has done in a day which you
are aware of?

Thanks,
Deepak

[QUOTE=Nichole;21987]I am unable to offer you a specific answer to such a general question. The best I can offer you, based on what you have shared with us so far is: It will depend on a number factors related directly to the person doing the practice. A few such factors include general health, specific health concerns and intention of the practice, and how the person is already responding to ashwini.

Kind regards,
Nichole[/QUOTE]

could u please send me the picture of the posture of ashwini mudra

could u please send me the picture of the posture of ashwini mudra

It would make a funny picture :wink:

It involves contacting the muscles of the anus sphincter.

It is closely related to mula bandha, and vajroli mudhra. There is an excellent book titled “Mula bhanda, the Master key” by Swami Satyananda. Mainly dealing with mula bhandha.

Depak, i think Nichole is giving you a good answer, and you need to supply much more information, before someone can just give you a ‘maximum number’.

I would advise talking directly to your own yoga teacher.

Anyone working seriously with ashwini is probably doing this as part of the inner journey of channeling energy through sushumna channel, and ashwini is simply a preparatory practice before working with mula bhanda.

Unless it is being used for a medical condition such as piles.

It all depends ‘why you are practicing it’, and how you are finding it so far, whether you have any medical condition (especially related to that area).

Best Wishes,
Dave

Best Wishes,
Dave

What are we in a fitness contest here?

All you need to do is close the door.
So all you need to do is one.
If theres any straining in the buns
then you won’t be having any fun.

terrible

[QUOTE=deepak_nath;21875]Hi,

I would like to know what should be the
upper (maximum) limit on the number
of ashwini mudra cycles one can safely
do in a day?

Thanks,
Deepak[/QUOTE]

My guru has me doing 3cycles of 7 each…he suggests different cycles for different students. I think it depends on the energy levels etc…why don’t you ask your teacher?