Yoga Teacher Training & Nature Travel in India

I turned 35 yesterday and a turning point for me is to look into yoga teacher training in India. It has been a dream of mine to visit India and a dream of mine to take on yoga teacher training. For many years I have put it off, but I feel that turning another year older has pushed my need to do it despite my own fears which sit around travelling alone and being comfortable with teaching.

Would anyone be able to recommend reputable yoga teacher training programs in India? I'd love to know about your own experience with teaching programs too.

Are there programs that also offer opportunities to travel and tour whilst completing the training? Or would it be best to travel afterwards?

In terms of travel, I am a bit apprehensive on travelling on my own so not sure if the studios offer tours or can help here. I would love to be able to visit Ranthambore NP, Kaziranga NP, Jim Corbett NP, the Valley of the Flowers and Gir NP as well as markets and sight see.

Again, if anyone can share their personal experiences or recommendations for yoga teacher training in India, I would love to hear about it.

Thank you so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Combining Yoga Teacher Training with nature travel in India is an incredible way to deepen your yoga practice, immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of India, and explore the country's stunning natural beauty. Here's how you can craft this unique experience:

1. Choosing a Yoga Teacher Training Program:

Locations: Popular destinations for yoga teacher training in India include Rishikesh, Goa, Dharamshala, and Mysore. Each location offers a unique atmosphere:
Rishikesh, nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, is known as the "Yoga Capital of the World" and offers a spiritual and traditional experience. [Image of Rishikesh, India]
Goa, with its beautiful beaches and laid-back vibes, provides a more relaxed and rejuvenating setting. [Image of Goa, India]
Dharamshala, home to the Dalai Lama and a large Tibetan community, offers a unique blend of yoga and Buddhist teachings. [Image of Dharamshala, India]
Mysore is famous for the Ashtanga style of yoga and offers a rigorous and traditional learning environment. [Image of Mysore, India]

Program Style: Consider the type of yoga you want to learn. Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, and Ashtanga are some popular styles, each with its own philosophy and approach.
Duration: Programs typically range from 200-hour certifications (the minimum requirement to teach yoga) to more intensive 300-hour or 500-hour programs.

1. Nature Travel:

Before or After Your Training: You can integrate nature travel into your yoga experience either before or after your teacher training program.
The Himalayas: Trek through the majestic Himalayas, encountering breathtaking scenery and spiritual sites.
[Image of The Himalayas, India]
Kerala Backwaters: Glide through the lush backwaters of Kerala on a houseboat, surrounded by serene palm trees and diverse wildlife. [Image of Kerala Backwaters, India]
Rajasthan Desert: Embark on a jeep safari through the Thar Desert of Rajasthan, encountering sand dunes, ancient forts, and vibrant culture. [Image of Rajasthan Desert, India]
Wildlife Sanctuaries: Spot tigers, elephants, and other incredible animals in India's national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.

Here are some examples of itineraries that combine Yoga Teacher Training with nature travel:

2-week program: Start with a 10-day Yoga Teacher Training program in Rishikesh, followed by a 4-day trek in the Himalayas.
3-week program: Begin with a 2-week Yoga Teacher Training program in Goa, then spend a week exploring the beaches and waterfalls of South Goa.
4-week program: Participate in a month-long Yoga Teacher Training program in Dharamshala, followed by a 1-week cultural homestay in a Tibetan village.

Tips:

Research and book your program in advance, especially during peak seasons.
Consider factors like your budget, fitness level, and interests when choosing your nature travel destinations.
Pack comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for both yoga practice and outdoor activities.
Be respectful of local customs and traditions.

By combining Yoga Teacher Training with nature travel in India, you'll gain a deeper understanding of yoga, connect with nature's beauty, and create a truly unforgettable experience.